KotS Add-On (Kots Spoiler!)

Alvoros

First Post
In the Wizards free add-on to KotS (Shadow of Kalarel - Hidden Victims encounter Page 86), there is an encounter I want to add, but I can't figure out by their description on where to add it to the map. Just doesn't seem to fit anywhere...what room do you think it attaches to?

Alvo

vladbat

First Post
Easiest way to see this is to take the stairs in that room and point them down. So you change the E on the compass down the corner above this seems to be where it fits if you look at the compass on the side trek map.

Dracollich

First Post
Ya, it is a bit confusing. The only thing I can figure is, looking at the close-up map on page 75, the crumbled wall from the add-on is the e/w wall to the west of the door on page 75. What took me awhile to realize, north on the add-on heads to the right instead of normal towards the top of the page.

Klaus

First Post
Dracollich said:
Ya, it is a bit confusing. The only thing I can figure is, looking at the close-up map on page 75, the crumbled wall from the add-on is the e/w wall to the west of the door on page 75. What took me awhile to realize, north on the add-on heads to the right instead of normal towards the top of the page.
Yeah, dracolich is right. If you rotate the add-on map so the North arrow points up, you'll see that it fits perfectly.

Also, these add-ons are full of errors, like zombies referring to Maw in their descriptions, even though Maw is from another encounter. Also, I think the hurler is supposed to have more than two special ammo pots.

WheelsOnMeals

First Post
Klaus said:
Also, I think the hurler is supposed to have more than two special ammo pots.

Yeah, I'm hoping the upcoming Dragon article on new kobold variants will help clarify this. 2 pots seems pretty weak for an enemy that's essentially born to hurl pots. Maybe 2 pots of each? The tactics section certainly talks as if he has at least 1 of all 3 types.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases