Ohio Gameday - Sat. July 12, 2008

Bubbalicious

First Post
It's time for another Ohio Gameday. With Enkhidu (his wife, actually) having a baby, it was left to me to organize this puppy. It will be held on Saturday, July 12, 2008 at Bookery Fantasy - Games & Toys, 13 W. Main St., Fairborn, OH 45424, (937) 879-3940. This is very easily highway accessible.

After years of experimentation, I believe we can conclude that two game sessions will be most effective. The first will be from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The second session will be from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

This does not mean that you necessarily HAVE to fill the full 5 hours if you run a game. Try to actually shoot for about 4 to 4-1/2 hours, but the schedule will leave time for people to eat between sessions.

This is a gaming store (FLGS), and they have a comic store under the same ownership right across the street, so there is plenty of shopping as well as a lot of eateries very close by.

Feel free to run games as a play test for GenCon, or one-shots you have run before, or to try your hand at something new.

GMs, please submit the name of your game, the system you are using, the number of players, and a description of the scenario (as brief or detailed as you like.

10:00 AM

Game 1)
Squirrel Attack! Code Name: Operation Get Mr. Jones' Nuts
Gm: XRP Suzi
System: Iridium (lite)
Players: 1-6
Crisis in Nuttopia
Nuttopia has grown and the tribes of squirrels are many. They now are dependant on the supply of nuts from the Shire. A horrible blight has struck shriveling their nuts. They must find a new supply and the only place they know of is the Mortal World. Thus, Operation: Get Mr. Jones' Nuts is born.

A crack team of squirrels is assembled from the tribes of the Squirrel Kin. Even if they can only return with a small supply of nuts the passage through the Underworld will multiply them to hundreds and thousands.

For more background info, check out: http://www.hinterwelt.com/Squirrel-Ref.html

PLAYERS:
1) Crothian
2) Leslie
3) FatDragon Tom
4) Bubba
5) fett527
6) Whirligig

Game 2)
The Lair of the Minotaur Warlord
GM: D'Shai527
System: 4th Edition D&D
Players:1-8
8th level pre-generated characters provided.

A Minotaur, exiled from his own land, has gathered and organized the scattered Gnoll tribes of the region and have been wreaking havoc with the general populace. The Minotaur has taken possession of an artifact of vital importance to the people, but the people have what they believe to be a relatively unimportant piece that apparently hold great significance to the Minotaur. An exchange has been arranged, but fearing a double-cross, the people have gathered their most powerful and experienced adventurers to oversee the exchange.

Players
1) romp
2) Keeper of Secrets
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Game 3)

Game 4)

4:00 PM

Game 1)
Expedition to Og!!!!
GM: Crothian
Game System: Og!!
No experience needed.
Will make characters at the table (it is really easy)

Play the comedic game Og!! You are a caveman and will explore the world though your limited understanding. Players will Role Play cavemen that have limited vocabulary so be prepared to be very limited on what you can say, but there are other means of communication availible. Cavemen will interact with other tribes, deal with dinosaurs and natural events, and perhaps even journey up the mountain to the legendary place called Og!!

Game is open for six players.

Players
1) Leslie
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Game 2)
Too Creepy For a Title
GM: Keeper of Secrets
System: Call of Cthulhu

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, or so the saying goes. Each of you have been committed to the Connor Clinic in Irondequoit, New York, an institute for mental and emotional rehabilitation. Your group therapy sessions are comprised of Dr. Thomas Bradford and several other individuals similarly situated as yourself. While at the clinic you are encouraged to indulge in healthy hobbies, reading and relaxing in hopes that you become cured of the demons that haunt you. But you can't help shake the feeling that something isn't right.

I can support 5 players and if there is enough interest I can get a 6th. It will be a lot of fun. Heavy role playing. Heavy on the creep factor.

Players
1) Bubba
2) fett527
3) romp
4)
5)
6(possibly))

Game 3)

Game 4)

Last edited:

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
I am happy to run at least one game. Rather than sign up for something specific, I would be happy to take requests on game systems (Call of Cthulhu, Mutants & Masterminds, 3.x, d20 Modern, etc. Whatever someone wants to suggest (within reason) I would be happy to do.

Crothian

First Post
I have a ton of new games from the ENnies. I can easily run any of them I think. So, if people want to see something specific I can run something. Or I might just pick something off the wall and see if people sign up.

Bubbalicious

First Post
Keeper of Secrets said:
I am happy to run at least one game. Rather than sign up for something specific, I would be happy to take requests on game systems (Call of Cthulhu, Mutants & Masterminds, 3.x, d20 Modern, etc. Whatever someone wants to suggest (within reason) I would be happy to do.

Damn! You had to add that "within reason" caveat!

Bubbalicious

First Post
Crothian said:
I think it might be better to do 4 hour session instead of five. I think that's what we 've done in the past.

Basically, that was to leave a "cushion" for games to go over, so that we don't leave people with just 10 minutes between sessions to go get food (like last year). So as I said in the O.P., GMs should aim for closer to 4 hours, but I don't want anyone to feel too pressured to push things forward if they're running behind. I don't think we really have people who intentionally make things tough on the GMs, but we do have a lot of players who kind of "get there at their own pace".

scholar

First Post
I am 75% in, depending on if I can find crash space and easy directions from the bus station... and could be convinced to run something if it's needed

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases