D&D 4E UPDATED 6/20/08! kiznit's 4e Fold-over Character Sheet w/ Cards

Mezzer

First Post
Well, here's my 2 cents:
- The DnD logo needs to be full, the way you have it now is kind of an eyesore
- The sheet doesn't need its own title really, you know what it is just by looking at it :)
- You should try and get at least a semblance of a grid going; the various part of the sheet don't really fit in with any other parts, they just kinda float one next to each other
- You could organize the sections a little bit better; try and separate things which don't have much in common from each other, while grouping things that are often used together, or one after the other
- Some sections are really big for some reason (for example, xp sticks out quite prominently, for just being a number) and others are wedged in (feats are really tight, they need more room and so on)
- Try accentuating the important part of each section in some manner; all the gray on the sheet makes a person's eyes wander a bit

Think of this as general advice, it's your sheet and it needs to serve your purposes. :) Also, I just finished making my own character sheet (I'll probably be posting a thread soon), so I have an idea what works, and what troubles you'll face. ;)

Last edited:

kiznit

Explorer
Hey guys, sorry to take a little while responding to comments and posting an update. I've sort of got a fairly drastic re-envisioning of the first page with many thanks to people's comments, but it's not entirely resolved, and the 2nd (and, alas, possibly a 3rd) are hardly finished.

Here's a preview, though:
[sblock]
4eCharacterSht_kiznit_page1v2.jpg
[/sblock]

I'm juggling the idea that if it does end up being 3 pages (and I'll admit that at this point that's the way it's probably going to have to be) how to make it into a nice 11x17 foldover with maybe an optional folder pocket for power cards. It could be really neat, or it could be totally ridiculous.

Once I get the rest of the pages done I'll make a mock-up and post some pictures, hopefully. Then I'll gear my efforts back toward making a pared-down 2-pager with some stuff tightened more than I'd personally prefer.

Jack Colby

First Post
kiznit said:
Also did you know that you add your shield bonus to your Reflex defense?

It's little things like that that are missing from the official sheet that bother me to no end.

I would assume that's what the miscellaneous spot is for on the official sheet. Not everyone will carry a shield.

Bercilak

Explorer
Nice character sheet. I'm a big fan of paper dolls ever since playing the old Runequest game, and I like using it for equipment slots.

One thing, I noticed though, is that the Shield part of the paper doll is gonna be tricky to implement. It does take up your off-hand (most likely), but it counts as "arms" slotted gear--meaning it takes up the same magic item slot as bracers. Not sure how to resolve this, but I thought I'd point it out.
--Berc

mattdm

First Post
Hey, quick request: could you put both pages into one file, to make it easer to print on a printer with a duplexer?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases