D&D 4E UPDATED 6/20/08! kiznit's 4e Fold-over Character Sheet w/ Cards

DanmarLOK

First Post
Just wanted to say thanks for the sheet. I used it as a GOOD reference point to roll my own unlike that monstrosity in the PHB. Not that yours is bad, it's just that printed out the white text in black boxes weren't all that clear on my printer and had my aging group of gamers picking them up off the table to look closer at. Getting old is teh sux.

Not sure if it's something you (global you) might be interested in but rather mark up their main sheet over and over again I've always had a 'session' sheet with places to record things used, lost, gained etc. Then I just put the session sheet into their character folders once every session or three depending on how active they were and we migrate the final tallies to the next sheet and update any permanent changes on their main lists. Saves a lot wear and tear on their character sheets that way.
One thing I've been meaning to do and haven't as of yet is create a cheat sheet for 4th, I started doing it under True20 and it made a huge difference in how the group played. "What the *read read* Okay okay, look here, we can use Combine Attacks and help over come the defenses of the Captain, if me and you and you slow down our attack to go at the same time as him, we'll give him a +6 to his damage output and that'll cut through his armour that we're not getting through now." From that realization they really started using the other options that frankly they'd just ignored and were in the "Okay I roll to hit, roll damage. Next" syndrome.

Milarky

First Post
Very nice sheet , ive look at some many but love this at 1st sight 1 niggle thougth

Just one thing i never liked about offical character sheets

Skills, should not be alphabetical but should be either in usefull groups of similar type

My skill list order

Main:-
Perception
Insight

Action:-
Stealth
Acrobatics
Athletics
Endurance
Thievery
Heal

Conversation:-
Diplomacy
Bluff
Intimerdate

Knowledge
Dungeoneering
Nature
History
Religion
Street

Extra/new:-
3 spaces for new Custom Skills extra note space
or Secondary background.story skills

just seem to make more sense to me, i can see action/combat type skills quickly

any plans of releaseing your template its very nice, .AI or PS file to swap order these skills for my own use.

Last edited:

The Real Aranan

First Post
Skills, should not be alphabetical but should be either in usefull groups of similar type

I don't think this would work very well. For instance, your "social" skills have a use in combat--Bluff can feint to grant combat advantage or allow a character to try and stealth and intimidate can force a bloodied foe to surrender.

spiegdon

First Post
Love the session sheet...

Just wanted to say thanks for the sheet. I used it as a GOOD reference point to roll my own unlike that monstrosity in the PHB....

I am currently considering making kind-of a hybrid of the two. I really like the current equimpent thing (always have since RC), and I LOVE the session sheet you bring to the table here. My wife seconds Foxen's opinion on sex at least - not so much race (as getthing those boxes to fit on a halfling would be a challenge ;)).

Ultimatly - PHENOMINAL job to everyone involved.

Stash Ravens IV
Master Thief / Appraiser of the FR Shadow Knives
"If you 'find it' we'll buy it!"

Bhikku

First Post
I wanted to say: I love this sheet. It gives a good sense of open space, is very attractive to the eye (especially compared to the claustrophobic official sheet) and there's plenty of extra room for additional notes. My group is almost entirely newbies to D&D, and they've responded very positively to this sheet as well. (I'm a big character sheet fiend, as a matter of fact - I examined a lot of different version before choosing this one. And if it gives you any sense of how much I value a good character sheet, the sheet at the back of the book is generally the first thing I look at with any new RPG, and frequently determines whether I look at anything else in the book.)

The card folder is a nifty gimmick, but since I'm keeping cards in a recipe wallet between sessions, I'm encouraging players to use that area for assorted notes - background revelations, musings, etc.

If I may offer handful of suggestions, these are little things that I personally would find quite useful.

1. I do think that having a space for temporary hit points would be useful - just a small box under the current hp box would surely do the job. (For now I'm using the Action Points box, since I use tokens to represent action points.)

2. I agree it might be useful to have an 'ability check' box or the like for the ability scores. On the other hand, I think I'd actually like to see a single box right where the note says "Add 1/2 level when making Ability Checks" - so that rather than filling in three boxes for each ability, and updating one of them at each level, the players can easily see one number that updates each level and gets added to the modifiers. That's my vote, anyway. I think it would be useful while preserving the spare, elegant look of the sheet.

3. As others have said, I don't see much point in recording the racial bonus beside the ability scores. Removing that column & shifting the Ability section to the left might make room for the temporary hp box or something of the sort. That's just a side-thought. I've actually been using the space labled 'racial bonus' to list FUDGE-style descriptors to give my newbie players a sense of scale. The Eladrin Rogue was delighted when I described her Dex as "Legendary."

4. Some of my players have expressed difficulty reading the white-on-gray lables, particularly in the Skills section. This has slowed them down in finding the appropriate skills during play. I'd suggest that a lighter shade of gray with black letters might be helpful here, although I like the white-on-gray aesthetic throughout the rest of the sheet.

Fulvio

First Post
I agree with Bhikklu, just other 2 little notes:

1- The carrying capacity space has all the values wrong (double of normal: x10 instead of x5 "normal", 20 instead of 10 for "heavy", 50 x 25 the "maximum")

2- It could be very useful to have a Saving Throws Modifiers space, in addition to a Temporary Hit Points one ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases