Kenku Trickster: LVL 2 Trickster
HP: 37; Bloodied: 18
Init: +5
AC: 16 Fortitude: 14 Reflex: 16 Will: 17
Attack bonus vs. AC: +7
Attack bonus vs. other defenses: +6

Siberys

Adventurer
Well, I probably won't be doing another Kenku PDF.

Or, at least, a free one. ;)

I'm currently writing a book tentatively entitled Esoterica: Races which will include, among other things, this race. You can consider this a preview, I guess.

A question I considered; Should it have monster versions of each race? I wasn't sure if I wanted to, y'know.

Siberys

Adventurer
Sure. But it is kreen - I hope you aren't disappointed; I've had the stats for weeks, just gotta finish fluff. I was just working on it, actually.

Although, a Swordwing-esque race for Esoterica: Races II (whenever I get to that... :p) wouldn't be a bad idea...

Craith

First Post
One Question for Unexpected Footwork: Is it an Immediate Reaction (You get hit, take the damage, the the attacker can somehow attack another time with the same attack) or an Immediate Interrupt (The new target gets hit instead of you).

Also, is the attacker himself a legal target (RAI) or should it be another target?

Siberys

Adventurer
The most recent version of the Kenku (post 45) has it as an immediate reaction.

Second, I actually thought about that possibility, and was thinking about rewording it to disallow hitting the original attacker, but decided to allow it. For example;

The vagrant sneered at Eerik as he pulled a concealed knife from his boot. "I sure wouldn't wanna speak about the thieves guild like that hereabouts, 'ere I you..."

With flash, the man lunged for him, his dagger's tip speeding towards Eeriks heart. But Eerik only chuckled. Shifting his weight back, the blade barely missed him as Eerik grabbed the handled and deftly twisted it back into the man's chest. The vagrant fell to the ground, gagging on his own blood.

"I'll speak 'bout the guild how I like. Don' know 'bout you, though."

Now, for ranged attacks, it might be harder to describe, but all you need is some narrative creativity.

Siberys

Adventurer
Sorry for the gap in posting;

Considering the Kenku stats in the MM2, I figure now may be a good time to pimp this. My version of the kenku race (among others) can be found [Removed. Sorry!].

I've changed the Screech power to a power called "Raven's Portent"; It's more original and more thematic.

Interestingly, the Great Ally feature is very similar to the Flock Effect feature in the MM2. The racial stats there are far too weak, though, IMO.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases