[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Giant Boy

Explorer
The chamber beyond is about a 20-foot square with no visible exits. A thick stench -- urine, feces, and rot -- assaults Dacen and Nemos. Three figures lay on the floor. All are naked, filthy, and show clear signs of festering wounds. Two remain largely motionless while the third quickly rolls to the wall, trying to sit upright.

"By the gods! No! No!" he screams.

What on earth is that screaming of horror Dacen!

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"Prisoners." Dacen says darkly. He moves into the room. "It's alright, we'll get you out of here. But you need to be quiet."

He turns, to Gordon, Xenon and Norim. "Why don't you check the other door. I'm going to see if I can do anything about these peoples wounds. Then we can worry about getting them to safety."

He turns to the prisoners, pulls out his healing kit and ask, "How did you get here? What have they been doing to you?"

[sblock=OOC]
Will make rolls for healing checks later.
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The conscious man replies, his voice tremulous and weak, "Thank the gods. I thought it was the ogre. It was the ogre that caught me and those two. It's tor...tortured us. Terrorized us. For how long I cannot say."

As Dacen examines the prisoners, he quickly determines that two of them are so malnourished and dehydrated that they are unlikely to revive without delicate care. The other prisoner is in a bad way, but is not so neglected as to be helpless.

Xenon checks the other door. It opens into a 20-foot-square room. At least at first glance, the mess of filth and broken junk in the chamber appears completely unremarkable. In the southern wall near the southwestern corner is closed door.

Thondor

Dacen hands the councious man a flask off water. "You need to drink." He pulls all the food out of his pack and sets it down.

He rises, his face hard. "The ogre is uncouncious. I'm going to execute him now." Dacen pulls out his mace, walks out of the room and over to the ogre. He brings his mace up and slams it down on the ogres head. Once. Twice. Three times.

He wipes the gore off himself, and his mace with the ogres cloak.

He returns to the prisoners room and begins trying to help them.

[sblock=heal checks]
gaahhhh RG won't load. I'm guessing Dacens heal ranks are at +7 (max +2 for wisdom)

heal checks (1d20+7=12, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=26)

using healing kit if that helps for a +2 on each roll

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

Dacen, meh lad, I wouldn't have done that if I was you. What if you attracted something worse? replies Gordon.

How did the ogre come to "terrorize you? Have you seen the undead carrying an infant of the human race recently?

Last edited:

Thondor

Dacen looks rather coldly at Gordon, "I meted out rational justice. The ogre had tortured these men and thus deserved death. Any good member of my order would do the same. The noises our combat made, our conversation and fearful cries of this fellow earlier didn't bring any enemies . . . My execution ran little risk of bringing more attention on us."

Dacen moves over to the uncouncious men carefully examining them and mumuring prayers.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I will check the far door. Norim announces as he walks towards it.

While Dacen and Gordon discuss justice, and Dacen ministers to the wounded, Norim checks the far door. Xenon and Nemos back him up. The far door is barred from the inside.

"What would an ogre want to keep out?" Xenon wonders aloud.

Nemos removes his leather cap, and he presses an ear against the door. "I don't hear anything."

Back in the cell, the conscious prisoner, who has introduced himself as Ian, says to Dacen, "When do we get out here? I'm strong enough to walk." To prove his assertion, Ian rises awkwardly to his feet, bracing himself against the wall.

Dacen ministers to other two men. One of them groans. His eyes flutter and then snap open. He flails in a panic, mouth distended, but Dacen calms him down after a bit. Gordon and Dacen tell the newly conscious man about his rescue. Tears well in his eyes.

The third man, even after Dacen's ministrations, remains unconscious. He is truly in a bad way. One more day in this hellish place would likely have seen him die.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases