[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
(OOC: Mark Chance has you at 7 subdual damage, versus your 10, I can only use the skill to heal you once per day)

"Thanks for keeping an eye out, Xenon. Hmm, lets see . . . Well those are certainly some painful looking bruises. How's the mobility in your arm . . . I can patch you up a bit if you want but we may want to save the bandages and ointments for more life-threatening injuries. It's up to you."

-------------------

When that has been taken care of Dacen turns to the others, eyes the Undead beggar and asks, "So how shall we proceed?"

Walking Dad

First Post
"Let's just move on. But I will take the rear." Xenon answers, walking with a slight limp.

[sblock=ooc]
3 more damge and Xenon will drop.

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 12/12 10 non-lethal
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +5
Will: +3
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +0, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +0, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
I will take the lead if there are no objections? Norim suggests.

If no one objects, he will head off to the moathouse, sword at the ready.

Thondor

"There's a child to save, lets make haste, before something else jumps out at us." Dacen agrees, looking around nervously.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Norim in the lead, followed by Dacen and Gordon with Xenon bringing up the rear along with the undead beggar, the party advances. It is obvious that the ruined moathouse was once the site of a great battle. What from a distance appeared to the lowered drawbridge is in fact merely several planks laid across the moat. The damp has swollen the planks, which creak ominously underfoot. Something large splashes in the water to the left, but only the resulting ripples can be seen.

The gates have been smashed. One half of the once formidable portal hangs open on one great hinge. The other is splintered and holed, but still in position. Passing through the opening, everyone can see that secure half of the gate is still wedged into place by heavy poles.

To the left of the broken gate is a tower. The door leading into it remains closed and ivy overgrows it. Farther along, north of the tower, the thick west wall of the moathouse has collapsed, spreading rubble in all directions. Part of the collapse took down a section of the facade of the house portion of the fortress. Ingress that way looks possible, but it would require climbing up a pile of rocks and passing through a ragged hole about the size of a wagon wheel.

The rest of the facade, which forms three sides of the square around the courtyard in which the party now stands, is almost intact. Arrow slits gape blackly. About sixty feet northeast from the gate rise littered steps leading to the entrance to the house portion. The doors into this area no longer stand. In fact, one lays near the top of the stairs.

In the far southeast corner of the courtyard stands a well.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Scanning the area, Norim quickly sizes up their options.

We could climb up and go through that hole in the wall over there or we could go up the stairs and see where that leads us. My opinion is we should follow the stairs.

Thondor

"I'm going to check on the well. See if the water is still drinkable and in use. That should give us some information. I also wouldn't rule out checking the tower, there could be another entrance that we are missing."

Dacen heads over to examin the well. He keeps his hands free.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Dacen examines the well. There is no sign of a rope and bucket to draw water. Peering down the shaft, Dacen sees that the sides are slick with slime. There is a faint ripple of light on water below, perhaps thirty or so feet beneath Dacen's feet.

Thondor

Dacen informs the others of this situation. "Let's check if this door is openable." Dacen walks over to the ivy covered tower door.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Dacen pushes against the door. It creaks slightly, and moves slowly, as if something were pressing against the opposite side. The clack! clack! of shifting rocks confirms this impression. Peering through the half open door, Dacen can see holes in the ceiling overhead. The far side of the circular chamber has collapsed, apparently outwardly.

Suddenly, the air is rent by a high-pitched shriek and the flapping of wings. Three dark-feathered birds drop from the rafters, swooping talon first toward Dacen!

OOC: Initiative and actions, please. To keep things simple, let's assume no one is surprised.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases