[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Dacen drops to one knee, says a quick prayer of thanks and kisses his holy symbol. He smiles at Xenon's comment, "Clearly St. Culbert heard my prayer, releasing these poor souls was a boon, to them and us. It seems we are on the right track but where too now?"

Dacen wanders towards the doors to the south seeing if he can gain any insight by examining them. (Eg do the seem like cell doors or something).

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The undead beggar slips into the area from the north. He looks around at the remains of the zombies and nods approvingly. After clapping Gordon on the back, he walks southward to catch up with Dacen.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"Well folks, large number of small similar doors, or that large double doors past the staircase?"

Dacen regards the undead beggar curiously, trying to tell if his approach is any indication of taking one of the southern doors.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Indeed the undead beggar does approach one of the southern doors, the third one to be precise, but first he lifts an ancient key ring from a hook embedded in the southern face of the middle column. He jangles the keys, moves to the door, and tries one key, then another in the heavy padlock. On the fourth try, the lock snaps open.

The undead beggar starts to remove the lock, then staggers back, almost as if in pain. He looks imploringly at Dacen and the other party members.

Graybeard

Explorer
Noticing the beggar's pain, Norim asks:

Can anyone help him? There seems to be something behind that door we need to investigate. Can any of you check to see if it is trapped?

Walking Dad

First Post
"Sorry, traps are not my expertise." Xenon says. "and he is undead. Who knows why he react that way."

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Stats]
Xenon
HP: 13/16 - 9 non-lethal
THP: 9
AC: 15 / 14 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

By the scent of tea and cookies, you have proven to me the true strength of a hero, Dacen! I guess I'll open the door..., exclaims the gnome.

Okay let's do it, the gnome mutters to himself.

Gordon carefully opens the door, inquisitive about the undead beggars look of fear and pain mixed together.

[sblock=OOC]
Let's hope something bad does not happen.
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The smallish, heavy cell door creaks outward, revealing a dark, dank room barely six feet to a side and barely high enough for a man to stand upright without scraping his head on the ceiling. The undead beggar's mouth opens and closes, its dry eyes wide, and it points a bony digit at the cell.

Gordon sees a skeleton in the corner of the cell. Rotten strips of cloth now black with mold still cling to some of the bones. A small package wrapped in leather is wedged into a narrow chink in the wall.

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

Gordon holds his nose in the stench of the black mold and makes a face that you would see on somebody if they smelled something that didn't smell good.

While holding his breath, he walks in the room and carefully removes the package, hoping not to touch mold. Gordon walks out of the room with the leather package.

Hey guys look what I fround in here, says the gnome as he carefully holds up the package and pats the undead beggar on the back in retutn.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases