[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenon follows Dacen closely, having a better sight, but not able to discern the direction of the screams.

[sblock=ooc]
Spot, Listen (1d20+5=16, 1d20+1=10)

[sblock=Stats]
Xenon
HP: 13/16 - 9 non-lethal
THP: 9
AC: 15 / 14 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
With cautious haste the party rushes forward. The narrow passage dead-ends after another dozen or so yards. Dacen is momentarily flustered, but then realizes that the dead-end is no such thing. Instead, a heavy and coarse black cloth hangs across the corridor's end. It is long enough that it's end lays rumpled on the floor.

The baby's cries are unmistakably coming from the space behind the cloth. So too can be heard a guttural chanting.

Carefully, Dacen eases the curtain to the side, just enough to peer through to the space behind. He sees a wide chamber running to the south. It is close to thirty feet across and extends somewhat farther than that before making a sharp turn to the east.

Niches dug into the walls run from floor to ceiling, spaced irregularly. Most seem empty, but Dacen can clearly see dessicated corpses laying in others.

Flickering shadows dance across the floor and walls to the south. Somewhere around the bend in the direction of the crying and the chanting, a fire burns.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Dacen pauses, chews his lip and closes the curtain.

He turns to the others and whispers "Some rite seems to be taking place beyond my line of sight in some kind of sacrophagus. Norim pass me your sword."

Taking the blade in hand Dacen cast magic weapon upon it. It begins to shed a faint glow. Steeling himself Dacen takes a hold of his holy symbol and prepares to step through the curtain.

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

"I wish you with luck Dacen...I'll hang back just in case..."

[sblock=OOC]
I'll make combat and/or other rolls soon and asap
[/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Did Dacen take Norim's sword with him or did he give it back. It's unclear. [/sblock]

Norim follows Dacen a few paces back.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry, Dacen did give back the sword, the purpose of course was so that Norim would have a magic weapon!
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The party pushes past the dark, heavy curtain into the catacombs beyond. The sightless, grinning faces of the dead leer from the shadowy recesses of the walls. The harsh voices chants rise and fall in pitch and cadence. The baby's cries remain constant. Shadows dance in the flickering light, more than once creating the illusion that a nearby dessicated corpse had moved.

Dacen reaches the corner first and cautiously peers around. About fifteen feet away, he sees the backs of four figures, all clad in hooded robes the color of dry blood. They are all but motionless, apparently intent on the fifth figure, a chanting man also in a hooded robe who stands behind a crude altar. Farther behind the altar against the easternmost wall, a row of lit torches cast long, leaping shadows.

And, there, atop the altar, naked with his arms and legs moving, is the missing infant.

OOC: No one seems aware of the party. A surprise round is about to happen. Give me initiative checks, please, and keep in mind that you're limited to a single move or standard action during a surprise round. If folks want to adjust their positions so that they can 5-foot step into ranged attack position, that's fine. Basically, the surprise round starts when you all are in position.

[sblock=Combat Box]
Dacen: 12 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life).
Gordon: 1 nonlethal.
Norim: 6 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life).
Xenon: 3 lethal; 9 nonlethal; +9 hp (false life).
Current Map
[/sblock]

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

"I'm gonna kick some baby-stealing butt."

Gordon takes a 5-ft. step forward and casts ghost sound, aiming for the people in robes. For them, it sounds like a cave-in is going to start.

"Let's hope they like a cave-in..." the gnome mutters.

[sblock=Initiative]
Gordon's Initiative: 1d20+5=12
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases