[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Dacen reflexively grabs for his holy symbol at the sight of the skeleton, then when it seems to pose no threat, he slowly relaxes.

He looks at the package Gordon is holding, and frowns, "Hmmmm, I wonder what it is?" He looks towards the undead beggar, "And why would he want us to find it?"

Graybeard

Explorer
Interesting. Why would someone leave a package in a cell? If the person was a prisoner, why would their jailer allow them to keep something like that? This is all very odd. Norim asks.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The undead beggar places his hands together as if in a posture of prayer. He then opens his hands palm up, pinky fingers touching. He points at the package and then at himself.

OOC: Sorry for the slow down. Comcast crapped out on me for about three days.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Perhaps it's his." Xenon says.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Stats]
Xenon
HP: 13/16 - 9 non-lethal
THP: 9
AC: 15 / 14 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Everyone: Mea culpa on the hold up. Last week, life kicked me in the head. The state of Texas changed certification requirements for teachers recently. Suddenly, I'm not only not qualified for my current position, but I've also been terminated from my current position in another week. Consequently, I've been running around, taking necessary steps to secure employment elsewhere, et cetera.

I'm going to try to get back into game mode this afternoon/evening.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Perhaps it's his." Xenon says.

Perphaps you're right, Xenon, Gordon replies.

Gordon carefully unwraps the package. Inside is a small, hardbound book, now a bit ragged and worm-eaten. Carefully opening the front cover, Gordon sees a yellowed page covered with even lines of a neat script in a strange language that the warmage does not recognize.

The undead beggar accepts the book from Gordon. He runs his fingers over one page, then another. A look of profound sadness contorts his face. He shows the book to each party member, but no one can read the words therein.

Meanwhile, looking around the area, Norim peers through the archway opposite the hallway from the cells. At first glance, the place seems long abandoned, for dust, dirt, and cobwebs abound. Norim then notices that one of the skeletons chained to an ancient rack is a recent addition. Bits of flesh and sinew still cling to its gnawed bones. Other instruments of torture are distributed throughout the large chamber. Norim sees that more than one bear signs of recent use.

The chamber itself is 20 feet east to west and 50 feet north to south. The vaulted ceiling is supported by two thick columns.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
After looking at their surroundings, Norim comes to a dire conclusion.

I don't think these cells are as unused as we would like to think. There seems to be a skeleton over there that looks like it hasn't been here very long. Also, there are a lot of torture tools around here. This is home to some very evil beings.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Xenon manifests his psychic blade. "That doesn't sound good, Norim. That room's big enough the torturer could be hiding, waiting for a good time to strike."

OOC: WD is incommunicado for a few days due to lack of Internet.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases