What's on your mind?

Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Mark Chance
    My communities:

Norim, Gordon, Xenon, and, bringing up the rear, Dacen follow the undead beggar deeper into the woods. After several minutes of trudging through the ancient trees, the forest grows noticeably louder. The deep thrumming of frogs croaking fills the warm air, only these croaks are too loud, too throaty to come from normal-sized amphibians.

The beggar stops leading and points ahead. Down a gentle slope stands a ruined building. A scrub of thorns, thistles, weeds, and shrubs grow thickly along the edge of a faint track which leads to the ruins, and even the track is mostly overgrown and cluttered with fallen branches and trees. Here and there the trail is washed out. In other places, it is a mire.

The party looks down toward a rotting drawbridge that rests across the brackish moat. The gates on the other side of the drawbridge were long ago broken down. One door is hanging open. The other is splintered and holed, but still in position. About halfway up the westernmost wall north of the tower, the wall has been reduced to a pile of rubble. The southeastern corner of the moathouse is in similar condition.

The beggar bends over and snatches up a stick. He squats and draws a crescent shape in the dirt at the base of a tree. He then points at the sky, faintly visible through the canopy. The sun breaks through here and there. Dropping the stick, he cradles his arms as if holding a child, and then points back to the drawing and toward the ruined moathouse.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Graybeard
    Observing the crude drawing carefully as well as the actions of the beggar, Norim is under the impression that time is running out.

I might be wrong but I think we are quickly running out of time. I think the beggar is trying to tell us we only have until the moon comes out. What do the rest of you think?

Gordon watches the strange zombies attempts at communication, somewhat befuddled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graybeard View Post
    I might be wrong but I think we are quickly running out of time. I think the beggar is trying to tell us we only have until the moon comes out. What do the rest of you think?
    Gordon, dwelling underground for much of his life, didn't really connect with the moon symbol. Thinking quickly, he rolls his eyes, "Of course that is what it is saying, anyone can see that. We must make haste! The child needs us."

"What sort of reconnaissance can we muster?"
    he asks, looking around.

OOC
    Not trying to be a jerk, but Gordon couldn't figure that out and it hurt his pride! And man, a rogue would be nice here.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

Xenon says: "Or he wants us to wait until the moon is shining... But I'm all for hurry up.

Oh, and I can see in the dark, but I'm not trained at spotting traps, nor disarming them, if you mean this."
    he answers.

ooc

Stats

HP: 12/12 0 non-lethal
    AC: 14 / 13 / 11
    Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
    Fortitude: +2
    Reflex: +5
    Will: +3
    +1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
    spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Dagger: +0, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Sickle: +0, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
    Signature

Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

PS: English is NOT my native language!

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    Xenon says: "Or he wants us to wait until the moon is shining..."
    "Well, hopefully it would try to stop us if waiting for the moon would be prudent . . .

"Shall we have a plan then, or just burst straight in with crossbows blazing?"

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Mark Chance
    My communities:

A Friendly Reminder

Just a reminder: The party has been given a few useful items.

1. Four potions of false life.
    2. A tuning fork that magically unlocks all locked locks within about 10 yards (usable once per day).
    3. Quiver with 12 frogbane arrows.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

Checking his crossbow to make sure that it's loaded, Gordon suggests "Perhaps we ought to cautiously approach what remains of the moathouse. Ready for anything, mates?"

He also takes a good, hard look up at the crumbled section up the wall of the moathouse to see anything moving.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Raphael Pinthus
    My communities:

Dacen looks stressed, and you can see how he is sweating.

The palm of his left hand seems to sparkle of white light...

The priest has prepared a spell, and is ready to launch it in any moment,
    that's for sure...
    Formerly known as Ivid.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Mark Chance
    My communities:

Cautiously, weapons and spells at the ready, the adventurers approach the ruined moathouse. It quickly becomes obvious that the moat itself is full of slow moving, almost brackish water. The downed drawbridge presents the only obvious way across the moat that doesn't involve getting rather wet. The undead beggar tags along, staying closest to Gordon.

When the party is roughly twenty or so yards from the drawbridge, the incessant chorus of stentorian croaking suddenly stops. The woods are quiet...too quiet.

But the quiet lasts only an instant before the silence is torn asunder by the fearsome growls of giant killer frogs!

OOC

Everyone please make Spot checks. Use Invisible Castle. The DC is 22 (1d20+6=22). Any character who makes the DC can act during the surprise round.

Go ahead and give me initiative rolls and narrate desired actions (or lack thereof).

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Graybeard
    Norim keeps his sword ready as he looks at his surroundings. The lack of noise at first is disconcerting. However, the sudden roar of the growls of the frogs is deafening and unnerving.

Spot check (1d20+1=13)

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast