D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night - Page 13




+ Log in or register to post
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 342
  1. #121
    Gordon, strolling toward the bridge, is startled by the sound, and looks wildly to and fro to try and discover the danger he faces.

    OOC
    My modifier is -1; I couldn't make it if I tried!

    Good init: 25!
    Last edited by ravin_raven; Friday, 21st November, 2008 at 05:13 AM. Reason: added Initiative

 

  • #122
    While he got good reflexes, Xenon's senses are not sharp enough to alert him. So he just stands there, sickle in hand, enduring the unexpected attack.

    ooc

    Spot, Initiative (1d20+4=5, 1d20+3=17)

    Stats

    HP: 12/12 0 non-lethal
    AC: 14 / 13 / 11
    Armor bonus: +4

    Saves:
    Fortitude: +2
    Reflex: +5
    Will: +3
    +1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
    spells, and spell-like effects.

    Init: +3

    Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Dagger: +0, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Sickle: +0, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #123
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    (OOC I'm taking over for Ivid, playing the Cleric Dacen)

    Dacen is shocked to see the monsters, and reacts very slowly.

    1d20+2 → [5,2] = (7)
    1d20+2 → [1,2] = (3)
    Spot and then Initiative


    Roll Lookup
    Last edited by Thondor; Friday, 21st November, 2008 at 04:11 AM.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #124
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance

    Frogs! (Surprise Round)

    Norim keeps his sword ready as he looks at his surroundings. The lack of noise at first is disconcerting. However, the sudden roar of the growls of the frogs is deafening and unnerving. Gordon, strolling toward the bridge, is startled by the sound, and looks wildly to and fro to try and discover the danger he faces. While he got good reflexes, Xenon's senses are not sharp enough to alert him. So he just stands there, sickle in hand, enduring the unexpected attack. Dacen is shocked to see the monsters, and reacts very slowly.

    From out of the undergrowth and silence spring six giant frogs! Each one is mottled gray and green, their camouflage very nearly a perfect match for the swampy ground around the ruined moathouse. Each is also about Gordon's size. Instead of the flat, bony ridge that a normal frog has in its mouth, these monsters sport ragged rows of fangs. Two execute amazing leaps at Gordon; another two, at Norim. Xenon and Dacen find themselves attacked by one a piece.

    Gordon suffers a painful bite, but fortunately his armor takes the brunt of the assault. Nevertheless, the frog draws blood. It's bulbous, golden eyes quiver. Another over-sized amphibian collides with Norim; it's fang scrape for purchase, but Norim is only bruised. Xenon's quick reflexes save him; by instinct, he twists to the side, avoiding the snapping jaws. Likewise, Dacen avoids injury. The young cleric's shield keeps the monstrous animal at bay...for the moment.

    OOC: Need an initiative roll for Norim. Everyone gets to act next round. There are six giant frogs. All of them charged to attack. Please narrate actions and provide all relevant dice rolls.

    Combat Box

    Initiative Order: Gordon (25), Frogs (23), Xenon (17), Dacen (3).

    Gordon: 4 nonlethal, 1 lethal.
    Norim: 3 nonlethal.


    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #125
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    Dacen tries to keep his shield between him and the frog. He only manages a very clumsy attack with his mace



    He edges towards Gordon (OOC a 5-ft step)
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #126
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,291

    Ignore Graybeard
    Norim will swing his sword at the nearest unnatural frog.

    initiative vs frogs (1d20+1=9)

    Attack: attack and damage (1d20+4=8, 1d8+2=5)

    It seems as though his aim is a bit off. Likely due to the sudden attack by mutant amphibians.

  • #127
    Xenon's attack is powerful, but his wild swing misses the frog.

    ooc

    Sickle attack (1d20=6, 1d6=6)

    Stats

    HP: 12/12 0 non-lethal
    AC: 14 / 13 / 11
    Armor bonus: +4

    Saves:
    Fortitude: +2
    Reflex: +5
    Will: +3
    +1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
    spells, and spell-like effects.

    Init: +3

    Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Dagger: +0, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Sickle: +0, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #128
    Gordon shouts "Have at you, you mud-bellied bastards!" as he gets some space from the frogs, summons a spitting and crackling ball of electricity, and lobs it at his attackers. With a smirk he readies his crossbow for battle.

    OOC
    He takes a 5' step from the frogs (and diagonally toward the party if that works) then casts defensively (are the frogs medium, or large?) Lesser Orb of Electricity, then draws his light crossbow. Rolls: Concentration 17, Ranged Touch 16, electricity damage 6.

  • #129
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance

    Frogs! (Round 1)

    Gordon shouts "Have at you, you mud-bellied bastards!" as he gets some space from the frogs, summons a spitting and crackling ball of electricity, and lobs it at his attackers. With a smirk he readies his crossbow for battle. The orb of electricity strikes true. The smell of charred flesh mingles with ozone as one of the frogs spasms and cooks.

    In the next instant, the frogs renew their assault. Mouths gape wide and fangs snap. Gordon side-steps as a frog lunges at him. Gordon's comrades don't fare as well. A frog briefly latches onto Xenon's leg, but still hangs on long enough to painfully twist the limb. Norim is all but overwhelmed. While the frogs have drawn little blood, the pair nevertheless batters the fighter with powerful hind legs and crushing jaws. Norim maintains a tenuous grip on consciousness! Dacen suffers the least injuries as his slimy-skinned foe collides with his ribs.

    Xenon's attack is powerful, but his wild swing misses the frog. Norim will swing his sword at the nearest unnatural frog, but his aim is spoiled by the beating he's suffered. Dacen tries to keep his shield between him and the frog. He only manages a very clumsy attack with his mace, but some clever maneuvering have at least now put Dacen and Gordon back to back with each other.

    Meanwhile, the undead beggar has scurried away from the fight, a look of heartfelt panic on his face.

    Combat Box

    Initiative Order: Gordon (25), Frogs (23), Xenon (17), Norim (9), Dacen (3).

    Gordon: 4 nonlethal, 1 lethal.
    Xenon: 3 nonlethal.
    Norim: 10 nonlethal, 1 lethal.
    Dacen: 2 nonlethal.
    Frogs (6): One KOd.


    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #130
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    Seeking to protect the spell-slinging gnome, Dacen boldy attacks a frog, slamming his mace down towards its vulnerable head.


    Spoiler:

    Attack roll;Damage (1d20+2=20, 1d8+2=7)

    Dacen:
    2 Non-leathal, 9 HP
    Spells remaining: 0th 3/3 1st 3/3
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Defunct] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 209
      Last Post: Sunday, 24th January, 2010, 01:23 AM
    2. One Dark Night in Weeping Briar?
      By Ogrork the Mighty in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: Sunday, 5th April, 2009, 01:03 AM
    3. [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 8th January, 2009, 08:00 PM
    4. Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight
      By SecondTime in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 267
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th March, 2007, 09:26 PM
    5. It was a dark and stormy night. (old news?)
      By Odovacar's Ghost in forum General Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2005, 03:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •