[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenon's attack against the frog who had just hit him is very skilled, but not drawing much blood.

[sblock=ooc]
attack, 2nd round (1d20=20, 1d6=1)
crit confirm (1d20=6, 1d6=6)

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 12/12 3 non-lethal
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +5
Will: +3
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +0, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +0, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Frogs! (End of Fight)

Gordon, recognizing the danger that Norim is in, steps back from his attacker and tosses another orb at the repulsive amphibians. "Not as much fun when dinner fights back, eh, you terrible green beasts!" Another of

the over-sized amphibians convulses and cooks under the power of Gordon's magic. Frog attacks follow quickly thereafter. Xenon and Dacen suffer more bruises from powerful legs and snapping jaws. Both stout adventurers stand battered and beleagured. Norim, having learned a painful lesson already from the two frogs he fights, fends off further attacks with clever footwork and a jump to the side.

Xenon's attack against the frog that had just hit him is very skilled, but does not draw much blood. Norim, now having a choice of targets to attack, much to his dismay, swings at one of the wild giant frogs clamped onto his flesh. His powerful strike splits the creature open along the back, dropping it to the ground where it twitches in a growing pool of blood.

"Get off me!" Norim screams.

Dacen boldy attacks a frog, slamming his mace down towards its vulnerable head. There is a sickening crunch of bone, and another monstrous amphibian ceases to move except for the gruesome spasms of its death throes. The sudden shift in the battle is too much for the two conscious monsters. Perhaps the thick scent of its fellows' blood alerts them to their precarious situation. Regardless, they leap away from the party, attempting to escape to the safety of the reeds and the water. Xenon, Norim, and Dacen take advantage of the openings in the frogs' defenses as they attempt to retreat. Xenon's mindblade slashes a wound down the side of the uninjured frog. Norim cuts the other as it jumps away. A second or two later, the injured monstrous amphibians splash into the murky waters around the ruined moathouse, vanishing from sight.

The undead beggar pokes its head out from a clump of vegetation, eyes wide and mouth agape. He steps back into full view and smartly salutes the party.

[sblock=Combat Box]
Initiative Order: Gordon (25), Frogs (23), Xenon (17), Norim (9), Dacen (3).

Gordon: 4 nonlethal, 1 lethal.
Xenon: 7 nonlethal.
Norim: 10 nonlethal, 1 lethal.
Dacen: 5 nonlethal.
Frogs (6): 4 KOd, 2 injured and escaped
[/sblock]
[sblock=DM's Dice Rolls]
Frogs vs. Xenon (1), Norim (2), and Dacen (1) (1d20+2=20, 1d20+2=5, 1d20+2=8, 1d20+2=13)
Damage vs. Xenon and Dacen (1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=3)
Xenon's, Norim's, and Dacen's AoO vs. the frogs (1d20+1=21, 1d6=4, 1d20+4=23, 1d8+2=3, 1d20+2=14, 1d8+2=3)
[/sblock]
[sblock=XP Earned]
I took a few liberties to bring the fight to a quicker finish. I've delayed the game enough. All in all, that was a tough fight against six monsters, but the party emerges victorious. Huzzah! Everyone gets 150 XP each. Keep in mind that you all started with 750 XP.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"That there some tough frogs." Xenon says, starting to feel his injuries.

[sblock=ooc]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1828621/3 more damge and Xenon will drop. Is non-lethal damge still healed at CL/hour?

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 12/12 10 non-lethal

Saves:

Init: +3

Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +0, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +0, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
Looking at his surroundings and at the retreating frogs, Norim comments;

Those were very strange frogs. I've never seen them that big before.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"I'm rather surprised myself. They must be rare." Dacen says.

Seeing the Udead Beggar salut, Dacen starts to shake his head, then shrugging decides to play along. He salutes back.

He looks the party over (using heal skill) "Were all a little beaten up. Nothing a little rest wouldn't heal, but I'm not sure we can afford to wait."

OOC:
[sblock]
Is there any differring function of the heal skill that I should know about?
Assuming that I recall Magic stones duration correctly (30min?), I'll probably cast it before we head into the motte house [/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
[sblock=ooc]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1828621/3 more damge and Xenon will drop. Is non-lethal damge still healed at CL/hour?
[/sblock]

OOC:
[sblock]
Is there any differring function of the heal skill that I should know about?[/sblock]

[sblock=Official Answers!]
Good questions. Yes, nonlethal damage heals at CL per hour. I also updated the initial OOC thread post to include a more robust version of the Heal skill that I plan on using in my next campaign. This seems like a good a time as any to see how it works.
[/sblock]

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"Xenon, coulc you keep an eye out, I'm going to see if I can patch up Normin and Gordon a bit."

Dacen pulls out his healers kit and starts to examine his friends injuries.

[sblock] I'm a little hesitant to use it so early but . . .

heal checks: Normin; Gordon (1d20+8=16, 1d20+8=25)
sweet.

healed amount: Normin; Gordon (1d4=2, 1d4=2)

both Normin and Gordon are healed of all lethal damage and gain back 2 subdual.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Can you treat my bruises, too? They will not kill me, but they hurt very much." Xenon says, complaining about his injuries.

[sblock=ooc]
3 more damge and Xenon will drop.

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 12/12 10 non-lethal

Saves: