D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night - Page 15





+ Log in or register to post
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 342
  1. #141
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    (OOC: Mark Chance has you at 7 subdual damage, versus your 10, I can only use the skill to heal you once per day)

    "Thanks for keeping an eye out, Xenon. Hmm, lets see . . . Well those are certainly some painful looking bruises. How's the mobility in your arm . . . I can patch you up a bit if you want but we may want to save the bandages and ointments for more life-threatening injuries. It's up to you."

    -------------------

    When that has been taken care of Dacen turns to the others, eyes the Undead beggar and asks, "So how shall we proceed?"
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

 

  • #142
    "Let's just move on. But I will take the rear." Xenon answers, walking with a slight limp.

    ooc

    3 more damge and Xenon will drop.

    Stats

    HP: 12/12 10 non-lethal
    AC: 14 / 13 / 11
    Armor bonus: +4

    Saves:
    Fortitude: +2
    Reflex: +5
    Will: +3
    +1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
    spells, and spell-like effects.

    Init: +3

    Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Dagger: +0, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Sickle: +0, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #143
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,318

    Ignore Graybeard
    I will take the lead if there are no objections? Norim suggests.

    If no one objects, he will head off to the moathouse, sword at the ready.

  • #144
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    "There's a child to save, lets make haste, before something else jumps out at us." Dacen agrees, looking around nervously.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #145
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,032
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    Norim in the lead, followed by Dacen and Gordon with Xenon bringing up the rear along with the undead beggar, the party advances. It is obvious that the ruined moathouse was once the site of a great battle. What from a distance appeared to the lowered drawbridge is in fact merely several planks laid across the moat. The damp has swollen the planks, which creak ominously underfoot. Something large splashes in the water to the left, but only the resulting ripples can be seen.

    The gates have been smashed. One half of the once formidable portal hangs open on one great hinge. The other is splintered and holed, but still in position. Passing through the opening, everyone can see that secure half of the gate is still wedged into place by heavy poles.

    To the left of the broken gate is a tower. The door leading into it remains closed and ivy overgrows it. Farther along, north of the tower, the thick west wall of the moathouse has collapsed, spreading rubble in all directions. Part of the collapse took down a section of the facade of the house portion of the fortress. Ingress that way looks possible, but it would require climbing up a pile of rocks and passing through a ragged hole about the size of a wagon wheel.

    The rest of the facade, which forms three sides of the square around the courtyard in which the party now stands, is almost intact. Arrow slits gape blackly. About sixty feet northeast from the gate rise littered steps leading to the entrance to the house portion. The doors into this area no longer stand. In fact, one lays near the top of the stairs.

    In the far southeast corner of the courtyard stands a well.
    Last edited by Mark Chance; Thursday, 25th December, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #146
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,318

    Ignore Graybeard
    Scanning the area, Norim quickly sizes up their options.

    We could climb up and go through that hole in the wall over there or we could go up the stairs and see where that leads us. My opinion is we should follow the stairs.

  • #147
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    "I'm going to check on the well. See if the water is still drinkable and in use. That should give us some information. I also wouldn't rule out checking the tower, there could be another entrance that we are missing."

    Dacen heads over to examin the well. He keeps his hands free.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #148
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,032
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    Dacen examines the well. There is no sign of a rope and bucket to draw water. Peering down the shaft, Dacen sees that the sides are slick with slime. There is a faint ripple of light on water below, perhaps thirty or so feet beneath Dacen's feet.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #149
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    Dacen informs the others of this situation. "Let's check if this door is openable." Dacen walks over to the ivy covered tower door.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #150
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,032
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    Dacen pushes against the door. It creaks slightly, and moves slowly, as if something were pressing against the opposite side. The clack! clack! of shifting rocks confirms this impression. Peering through the half open door, Dacen can see holes in the ceiling overhead. The far side of the circular chamber has collapsed, apparently outwardly.

    Suddenly, the air is rent by a high-pitched shriek and the flapping of wings. Three dark-feathered birds drop from the rafters, swooping talon first toward Dacen!

    OOC: Initiative and actions, please. To keep things simple, let's assume no one is surprised.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Defunct] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 209
      Last Post: Sunday, 24th January, 2010, 01:23 AM
    2. One Dark Night in Weeping Briar?
      By Ogrork the Mighty in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: Sunday, 5th April, 2009, 01:03 AM
    3. [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 8th January, 2009, 08:00 PM
    4. Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight
      By SecondTime in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 267
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th March, 2007, 09:26 PM
    5. It was a dark and stormy night. (old news?)
      By Odovacar's Ghost in forum General Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2005, 03:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •