D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night - Page 17




  1. #161
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,334

    Ignore Graybeard
    Norim quickly puts his sword away and grabs one end of Dacen while Xenon grabs the other. Between the two of them, they will carry the unconscious Dacen to (relative) safety. He switches his attention back and forth from the birds to the stranger while trying to keep an eye on where they are headed.

 

  • #162
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,040
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    My communities:

    Birds! (Round 3)

    The remaining "razor crow" swoops in to attack Gordon, who attempts to drive it back with the point of his longspear, but to no avail. The fierce avian claws and buffets the warmage.

    "Pull Dacen toward the gate!" Gordon says.

    Xenon uses his superior speed to retreat, pulling Dacen in the direction indicated by Gordon. Norim quickly puts his sword away and grabs one end of Dacen while Xenon grabs the other. Between the two of them, they carry the unconscious Dacen to (relative) safety. Norim switches his attention back and forth from the birds to the stranger while trying to keep an eye on where they are headed. Gordon falls back, words of magic on his lips, arcane gestures causing his fingers to dance. A bolt of force flies from his hands, striking the last of the birds. The feathered menace almost bursts under the impact. Blood and dark plumage fly, and the animal falls to the ground in a broken heap.

    The stranger jumps lightly from the wall to near the gate entrance, landing not too far from Xenon, Norim, and the unconscious Dacen. He has an arrow nocked, aiming toward the broken door atop the steps on the opposite side of the courtyard.

    "By Ehlonna's quiver," he swears. "I thought I heard the frogs attack croaks. 'Tis a good thing I came this way, it seems."

    OOC

    This'll be my last post until Sunday afternoon/evening at the earliest. I'm going on retreat in a few hours.

    Also, XP = 75 each! Huzzah!


    Combat Box

    Initiative Order: birds, Dacen, Norim, Gordon (delayed), Xenon, Stranger
    Dacen: 10 nonlethal; KOd
    Gordon: 3 nonlethal
    Norim: 8 nonlethal
    Xenon: 7 nonlethal
    Birds (3): 2 dead, 1 disabled


    DM's Dice Rolls

    Gordon's AoO: 1d20+1=8, 1d6=4.
    Bird vs. Gordon: 1d20+5=23, 1d4-2=1.
    Gordon's magic missile: 1d4+3=4.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #163
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,040
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    My communities:

    In the relative quiet after the razor crow attack, Dacen gradually regains consciousness, waking up to see three familiar faces and one stranger looking over him. The undead beggar stands aloof, an expression of concern on his face as he holds the collar of his shirt tight around his neck, hiding his bloodless wound.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #164
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    My communities:

    "Guess I should be more cautious. Did we beat them or just run?" Dacen enquires still a little groggy and confused. "Who are you?"
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #165
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,334

    Ignore Graybeard
    Looking at the stranger, Norim asks:

    Thanks for your help. What's your name and what brings you all the way out here?

  • #166
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Xenon uses his natural darkvision to look for more trouble as he says: "I fear we need some rest. Dacen was the first and at least I'm will go down after another hit..."

    ooc



    Stats

    HP: 16/16 - 7 non-lethal
    AC: 14 / 13 / 11
    Armor bonus: +4

    Saves:
    Fortitude: +2
    Reflex: +6
    Will: +4
    +1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
    spells, and spell-like effects.

    Init: +3

    Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Friday, 9th January, 2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: HP correction.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #167
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    My communities:

    (OOC: Walking Dad you only have 7 damage. go back to the frog fight and take a look p.7. You took two hits, one in the first round and one in the second, one for 3 damage, one for 4. Mark has you at that level of damage. It's mid-afternoon.)

    Dacen hauls himself to his feet and coup de graces the unconcious razor crow. "As for myself I say we explore this tower and than you may be able to convince me to rest for an hour. We still have those Oils of false life. And I have not yet cast a spell. Time presses, we may only have till moonrise." Dacen turns to the newcomer "We're from Homlet. Last night it was attacked by a large number of enhanced zombies. It seems they were ordered to abduct an infant. This they did slaughtering, Jerard the Tanner and his family, except his newborn son Leo. The elders believe he was taken here. This fellow," Dacen points to the undead beggar, "saw them take the boy into the Moat House here."

    "I'm Dacen a cleric of St. Cuthbert. If you will aid us, we have some frogbane arrows that you might use."
    Last edited by Thondor; Thursday, 8th January, 2009 at 08:01 PM.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #168
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,040
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    My communities:

    OOC: Head cold + students' final exams + egregious behavior from students with emotional disturbances + extra work for my online class = me being very tired. I'll update things ASAP. Meanwhile, you all can interact with each other in character. Won't that be fun!?

    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #169
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    My communities:

    "It would have been smart for one of us to pick up a bow ourselves. I can't use one myself." Dacen says reflecting back. "Who's carrying them anyway?"

    Dacen moves into the tower studies the interior briefly, and deems it relatively safe. He sets down his pack and shield and sits down against the wall of the tower. He inspects his injuries, rubbing at tender places beneath his mail shirt.

    "I guess that will teach me to open doors so carelessly in this place." He says to the others.

    "How do you think we should proceed? As I said I still have my full allotement of spells."
    Last edited by Thondor; Thursday, 15th January, 2009 at 04:50 AM.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #170
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Xenon hears Thondor's words and says: "Nor Have I learned how to use a bow. I use this for range." He throws casually his glowing mindblade. It reappears in his hands a little bit later.

    ooc



    Stats

    HP: 16/16 - 7 non-lethal
    AC: 14 / 13 / 11
    Armor bonus: +4

    Saves:
    Fortitude: +2
    Reflex: +6
    Will: +4
    +1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
    spells, and spell-like effects.

    Init: +3

    Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Defunct] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 209
      Last Post: Sunday, 24th January, 2010, 01:23 AM
    2. One Dark Night in Weeping Briar?
      By Ogrork the Mighty in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: Sunday, 5th April, 2009, 01:03 AM
    3. [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 8th January, 2009, 08:00 PM
    4. Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight
      By SecondTime in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 267
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th March, 2007, 09:26 PM
    5. It was a dark and stormy night. (old news?)
      By Odovacar's Ghost in forum General Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2005, 03:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •