[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Graybeard

Explorer
Norim quickly puts his sword away and grabs one end of Dacen while Xenon grabs the other. Between the two of them, they will carry the unconscious Dacen to (relative) safety. He switches his attention back and forth from the birds to the stranger while trying to keep an eye on where they are headed.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Birds! (Round 3)

The remaining "razor crow" swoops in to attack Gordon, who attempts to drive it back with the point of his longspear, but to no avail. The fierce avian claws and buffets the warmage.

"Pull Dacen toward the gate!" Gordon says.

Xenon uses his superior speed to retreat, pulling Dacen in the direction indicated by Gordon. Norim quickly puts his sword away and grabs one end of Dacen while Xenon grabs the other. Between the two of them, they carry the unconscious Dacen to (relative) safety. Norim switches his attention back and forth from the birds to the stranger while trying to keep an eye on where they are headed. Gordon falls back, words of magic on his lips, arcane gestures causing his fingers to dance. A bolt of force flies from his hands, striking the last of the birds. The feathered menace almost bursts under the impact. Blood and dark plumage fly, and the animal falls to the ground in a broken heap.

The stranger jumps lightly from the wall to near the gate entrance, landing not too far from Xenon, Norim, and the unconscious Dacen. He has an arrow nocked, aiming toward the broken door atop the steps on the opposite side of the courtyard.

"By Ehlonna's quiver," he swears. "I thought I heard the frogs attack croaks. 'Tis a good thing I came this way, it seems."

[sblock=OOC]
This'll be my last post until Sunday afternoon/evening at the earliest. I'm going on retreat in a few hours.

Also, XP = 75 each! Huzzah!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Box]
Initiative Order: birds, Dacen, Norim, Gordon (delayed), Xenon, Stranger
Dacen: 10 nonlethal; KOd
Gordon: 3 nonlethal
Norim: 8 nonlethal
Xenon: 7 nonlethal
Birds (3): 2 dead, 1 disabled
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM's Dice Rolls]
Gordon's AoO: 1d20+1=8, 1d6=4.
Bird vs. Gordon: 1d20+5=23, 1d4-2=1.
Gordon's magic missile: 1d4+3=4.
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
In the relative quiet after the razor crow attack, Dacen gradually regains consciousness, waking up to see three familiar faces and one stranger looking over him. The undead beggar stands aloof, an expression of concern on his face as he holds the collar of his shirt tight around his neck, hiding his bloodless wound.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"Guess I should be more cautious. Did we beat them or just run?" Dacen enquires still a little groggy and confused. "Who are you?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenon uses his natural darkvision to look for more trouble as he says: "I fear we need some rest. Dacen was the first and at least I'm will go down after another hit..."

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 16/16 - 7 non-lethal
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Thondor

(OOC: Walking Dad you only have 7 damage. go back to the frog fight and take a look p.7. You took two hits, one in the first round and one in the second, one for 3 damage, one for 4. Mark has you at that level of damage. It's mid-afternoon.)

Dacen hauls himself to his feet and coup de graces the unconcious razor crow. "As for myself I say we explore this tower and than you may be able to convince me to rest for an hour. We still have those Oils of false life. And I have not yet cast a spell. Time presses, we may only have till moonrise." Dacen turns to the newcomer "We're from Homlet. Last night it was attacked by a large number of enhanced zombies. It seems they were ordered to abduct an infant. This they did slaughtering, Jerard the Tanner and his family, except his newborn son Leo. The elders believe he was taken here. This fellow," Dacen points to the undead beggar, "saw them take the boy into the Moat House here."

"I'm Dacen a cleric of St. Cuthbert. If you will aid us, we have some frogbane arrows that you might use."

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Head cold + students' final exams + egregious behavior from students with emotional disturbances + extra work for my online class = me being very tired. I'll update things ASAP. Meanwhile, you all can interact with each other in character. Won't that be fun!?

:D

Thondor

"It would have been smart for one of us to pick up a bow ourselves. I can't use one myself." Dacen says reflecting back. "Who's carrying them anyway?"

Dacen moves into the tower studies the interior briefly, and deems it relatively safe. He sets down his pack and shield and sits down against the wall of the tower. He inspects his injuries, rubbing at tender places beneath his mail shirt.

"I guess that will teach me to open doors so carelessly in this place." He says to the others.

"How do you think we should proceed? As I said I still have my full allotement of spells."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenon hears Thondor's words and says: "Nor Have I learned how to use a bow. I use this for range." He throws casually his glowing mindblade. It reappears in his hands a little bit later.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 16/16 - 7 non-lethal
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3