[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Graybeard

Explorer
While I was trained in the use of a bow in the army, it is not my weapon of choice. Norim says as he retrieves his sword from its sheath.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"That's quite the impressive ability Xenon. Hopefully I'll see you use it to great effect soon. I image it's very difficult to learn. I like the idea of never being caught unable to defend oneself. I've spent quite a bit of time training with just these." Dacen cracks his knuckles.

"How long did you spend in the army Normin? Its certainly a different life from the one I've led. What was it like?"

Dacen levers himself to his feet and examines the chamber thoroughly (OOC: taking 20 on Search check, looking for any loot or usefull items, secret doors or other intereesting details. Multiple taking 20 if necessary. Will RP results when we get them.)

Dacen slumps back against the wall. He pulls open his pack and shifts out some hard tack. Munches on it. Offers the others some. He slugs from his waterskin, spilling a little bit. "Ah that's better."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Looking at the stranger, Norim asks: "Thanks for your help. What's your name and what brings you all the way out here?"

The stranger says, "I'm Nemos. Nemos Farwalker. I hunt these woods, trapping animals for their furs. Sell them in Hommlet, sometimes Nulb. I heard the frogs, and curiosity drew me here."

Nemos listens to Dacen tell the party's tale. His jaw sets grimly at mention of Jerard the Tanner.

"I know -- knew -- Jerard well. He was a good man, with a good family. I would consider it an honor to help you." Nemos studies the undead beggar carefully. In turn, the beggar backs away, drawing his collar up closer to his chin. "He doesn't look...well."

Conversation continues as the party searches the tower. Once up a time, the tower rose two stories, but the upper level collapsed long ago. The ground floor is a riot of rubble, creeping vines, and thick cobwebs. Gordon spies an ivory box about the size of a large book half buried in rocks and dried leaves.

Thondor

After the introduction.
"Glad to have your help Nemos Farwalker." At his secound comment "yes he makes me rather . . . uncomfortable. I worry he may just be leading us into a trap" Dacen wispers. After moving into the tower. " Biscuit?"

After the discovery of the ivory box.
"After the incident opening the door, perhaps we should find a way to open it without using our hands. And without damaging the ivory. Ah, I'm probably just paranoid."

OOC: welcome aboard Giant Boy.

Thondor

hearing no interesting suggestions Dacen shrugs. "Can I see the box Gordon?" Dacen inspects it and barring anything obviously untowards, flips it open pointing away from his body.

Graybeard

Explorer
Good to meet you Nemos. My time in the army was mostly uneventful.

Norim looks at the ivory box and decides to keep a safe distance while it is opened.

ooc: I'm back from vacation. Nice to have you with us Giant Boy.

Walking Dad

First Post
As the others examine the box, Xenon keeps alert for further unfortunate events.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 16/16 - 7 non-lethal
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon asks," So, Dacen, what's in the box?" Gordon then stands on his tip-toes as he attempts to look in.

OOC: My dad says he'll update the game soon. He has been sick.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Gordon sees a few coins in the box. Closer inspection reveals an assortment: 4 gold pieces, 13 silver pieces, and 40 copper pieces. All told, the box itself is probably worth more than its contents.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases