[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"Well, Burne said that there was a hidden passage here that would lead downstairs in this room. The fact that skeletons were hear makes that logical, why guard an empty room that leads nowhere?"

"We should search the room thoroughly."

Dacen examines the walls and floors hoping to find a hidden passage leading down to the dungeons below. (OOC: he takes 20, giving a total of 22.)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
While the others stand guard, Dacen searches the chamber. Minutes pass before his efforts bear fruit. The secret door is about the center of the eastern wall. Pressing on the wall at a certain point causes a section of it to pivot on a central point, revealing a narrow staircase beyond, built into the thick outer wall of the moathouse.

The hidden staircase is about four feet wide. It spirals down into darkness, and it shows signs of recent. Broken cobwebs, disturbed dust on the floor. A faint trace of something floral hangs in the air.

Thondor

"Found something! Looks exactly like what we were looking for."

Dacen pulls open his pack, starts sortinf through it. "Well were going to need some light."

"Best to take two sources of light I think. I'll carry one torch. I'm going to save the sunrods for later as there easy to light in an emergency."

"Who wants to take the lead? Best to have light near the front and back I suppose." Dacen has started to breath hard, he seems very nervous. He looks towards the Undead beggar to see if he indicates anything.

He gathers a torch in one hand and his loaded light crossbow in the other.

[sblock=Dacen]
Dacen
HP: 12 Current: 12 Nonlethal: 8 temporary Hp: 12 (extra)
Armour Class: 15 Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 12 without shield 13

Armour: 4

Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will:+5

Spells left:
DC 12 0th - Resistance, Guidance used, Detect Magic, Virtue
DC 13 1th - Magic Weapon, Magic Stone used, Enlarge Person (Domain Spell), Inflict Minor Wounds

Abilities:
Turn Undead (4/day, 1d20+2, 2d6+2)
Protection Domain(Protective Ward 1/day, +2 Resistance on next saving throw, 1hr) used
Strength Domain (Feat of Strength 1/day, +2 Str 1/rd)

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
Heavy Mace +3 1d8+2 x2
Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20x2
Unarmed Strike +3 1d3+2 x2
Sickle +3 1d6+1 x2

Grapple: +7
Speed: 30' Init: +2
[/sblock]

Thondor

Dacen draws a deep breath to steel himself. "I'll come right behind you, give you some light."

Thondor

Dacen laughs and grins at the Gordon. "I feel like pissing and he's hungry." He smiles, "Let's proceed, quietly."

(Hopefully Xenon or Nemos will take a torch, and the rear.)

Walking Dad

First Post
"I will take the rear position, but not will carry a torch. I can see in darkness." Xenon says.

[sblock=ooc]
Hm, I have just opened my sheet and there is the 2nd level update
Xenon

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 16/16 - 7 non-lethal
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"I will take the rear position, but not will carry a torch. I can see in darkness." Xenon says.

Nemos Farwalker says, "I'll take the torch." He stows his bow and draws a curved blade. "I fear my bow may be of limited use if the quarters below prove too tight."

Norim takes the lead, followed by Dacen, Gordon, the undead beggar, Nemos, and finally Xenon. The stairs spiral down for several yards before Norim spots a landing below with a room beyond. Another 10 or 15 feet of stairway remains between Norim and the chamber.

Remove ads