[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
If the column doesn't provide enough cover to prevent and attack of oppurtunity, Dacen will take a five foot step backwards.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Holy Crap! An Ogre! (Final Round)

Dacen calls for Norim to delay his attack, "Stay your hand a moment Norim!", then begins murmuring a prayer release the dwoemer of Enlarge Person. Norim's size rapidly increases untill he can look the ogre in the eye and match him pound for pound. His gear grows with him, he now holds a blade nearly the height of a man. Dacen then draws his mace, holding the Torch aloft in his other hand.

"Fight someone your own size beast!" the now-enormous Norim yells at the ogre as he strides to attack.

"Well struck!" exclaims Nemos, holding his bow at the ready.

The giant staggers under the powerful blow, and starts to topple. After realizing what has happened to the near-prone xeph soulknife after the fall with the nine feet ogre, Gordon wields his longspear and aims at the ogre, and then takes a 5-ft step back.

"Stay away from our friend, beast! Do what Norim says!", the now angered gnome says, "Have a taste of my fury!"

The longspear nicks the ogre as it hits the floor with a foot-shaking thud!. Nearby, Xenon grimly stands up.

OOC: The ogre is unconscious and is not bleeding out. Walking Dad, if Xenon still wants to quaff his potion, he's free to do so. Go ahead and roll the extra hit points.

[sblock=XP!]
180 each!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Box]
Initiative Order: Ogre, Nemos, Dacen, Norim, Gordon, Xenon.
Dacen: 8 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life)
Gordon: 1 nonlethal
Norim: 6 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life)
Xenon: 3 lethal; 9 nonlethal
Nemos: uninjured
Ogre: 28 lethal; 10 nonlethal
Current Map
[/sblock]

Thondor

Dacen is relieaved to see that Xenon is mostly unharmed. Ingoring the ogre, he scans the room quickly and moves towards the doors, scooping up his crossbow. He says "We should move quickly, the dwomer, enlarging Norim won't last long and may prove useful in another encounter." He looks them over then tests them to see if they are locked.

[sblock=OOC]
I guess the ogres attack missed . . .?
Another quick victory. Lucky.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dacen]
Dacen
HP: 12 Current: 12 Nonlethal: 8 temporary Hp: 12 (extra)
Armour Class: 15 Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 12 without shield 13

Armour: 4

Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will:+5

Spells left:
DC 12 0th - Resistance, Guidance used, Detect Magic, Virtue
DC 13 1th - Magic Weapon, Magic Stone used, Enlarge Person used (Domain Spell), Inflict Minor Wounds

Abilities:
Turn Undead (4/day, 1d20+2, 2d6+2)
Protection Domain(Protective Ward 1/day, +2 Resistance on next saving throw, 1hr) used
Strength Domain (Feat of Strength 1/day, +2 Str 1/rd)

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
Heavy Mace +3 1d8+2 x2
Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20x2
Unarmed Strike +3 1d3+2 x2
Sickle +3 1d6+1 x2

Grapple: +7
Speed: 30' Init: +2 [/sblock]

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

"I agree with Dacen, we should go with his plan and hpefully the ogre won't wake up. By the way are you okay Xenon?",the gnome says,"Why is Nemos and the undead beggar never attacking, I do find that strange. Also why would an ogre be working with a bunch of zombies?"

The gnome warmage looks confused and curious.

:hmm:

Way to go Xenon for surviving!

;)

Graybeard

Explorer
Norim looks around quickly. Seeing nothing of interest, he agrees with Dacen.

We are wasting too much time. There is a baby in danger. We should continue as quickly as possible.

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenon staggers a bit and gulp his false life potion.

[sblock=ooc]
+2 for Hide and Move Silently, with ACP.
Will move at half speed (20 ft)

False Life HP (1d10+3=9)

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 13/16 - 9 non-lethal
THP: 9
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Thondor

[sblock=OOC Xenon]
potion of false life is 1d10+3[/sblock]

Dacen, loads his crossbow, hooks it onto his belt and waves Nemos over to nearest door. "Ready your bow." He then pushes the door open steps and steps sideways holding the torch high and giving Nemos a clear view.

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

"I agree with Norim, we should focus more on the baby kidnapped from the zombies. I have to replenish my spells soon, but I still have some NASTY ones up meh sleeve":devil:

Some spells, such as orb of fire or I think I can cast something like a blade barrier at the first level of spells, though I doubt it. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Dacen checks the two doors. Neither are locked.

"I agree with Dacen, we should go with his plan and hpefully the ogre won't wake up. By the way are you okay Xenon?",the gnome says,"Why is Nemos and the undead beggar never attacking, I do find that strange. Also why would an ogre be working with a bunch of zombies?" The gnome warmage looks confused and curious.

Nemos shoots a look at Gordon. "Fighting ogres is a bit new for me. I'll try to --- Wait! Did you say 'undead beggar'?"

The undead beggar in the corner looks decidedly uncomfortable, pulling the collar of his shirt tighter around his neck. The party quickly explains the beggar's story. Nemos relaxes some, but still casts worried eyes on the strange undead creature.

Norim looks around quickly. Seeing nothing of interest, he agrees with Dacen. We are wasting too much time. There is a baby in danger. We should continue as quickly as possible.

Xenon staggers a bit and gulp his false life potion.

"I agree with Norim, we should focus more on the baby kidnapped from the zombies. I have to replenish my spells soon, but I still have some NASTY ones up meh sleeve"

Dacen, loads his crossbow, hooks it onto his belt and waves Nemos over to southern door. "Ready your bow." He then pushes the door open steps and steps sideways holding the torch high and giving Nemos a clear view.

The chamber beyond is about a 20-foot square with no visible exits. A thick stench -- urine, feces, and rot -- assaults Dacen and Nemos. Three figures lay on the floor. All are naked, filthy, and show clear signs of festering wounds. Two remain largely motionless while the third quickly rolls to the wall, trying to sit upright.

"By the gods! No! No!" he screams.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases