D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night - Page 27




  1. #261
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    109

    Ignore Giant Boy

    Gordon Morringsruud

    Gordon questions Ian again, "Have you seen zombies carrying an infant recently?"

 

  • #262
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    "I'm sure you two would be able to make the walk to Homlet with a little help. However, your friend here is in rather poor shape." Dacen says gently to Ian and the other councious felt. He looks around a little, trying to think if he's seen snything that could serve as a makeshift stretcher.

    At Gordons comment Dacen elaborates. "A peculiar group of undead is actually what brought us here. They abducted the infant son of the leatherworker. Would either of you have overheard anything about this? Or some foul spellcasters who might be behind it?"

    Dacen returns to trying to think of a way to get the men to safety. He wonders if maybe Nemos would escort them, but he doubts the other two could help carry the third. He offers the two councious men some more food.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #263
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,040
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    Ian thinks before answering. "I can't remember anything here except the ogre." The other man concurs before taking the food offered by Dacen. "I've not seen anything here except this room."
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #264
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,331

    Ignore Graybeard
    Norim considers the barred door for a moment.

    What would an Ogre be afraid of? It is possible he thought he might be attacked from that direction but by whom? Certainly he wouldn't be afraid of villagers so it must be something more powerful. Perhaps Zombies or other undead creatures?

  • #265
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    109

    Ignore Giant Boy
    Gordon asks, Why would the zombies have buisness with the ogre. Were'nt they going to do something with the infant if we don't save it in time?

    OOC: Of course we very likely will.

  • #266
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    Xenon says something clever to Norim and suggests he finds out by opening the door.

    (Gordon and Dacen are after all in another room and I believe Walking Dad is out for an 'indeterminant period')
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #267
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,040
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    OOC: Giant Boy says that Gordon must have really good ears.

    Nemos, Norim, and Xenon return to the prison chamber to report their findings in the storage room. Nemos listens to Dacen's suggestion that he escort the injured men back to Hommlet.

    The woodsman nods gravely, "I can do that. It's not far to the road, and if they're strong enough to walk, we can manage carrying the third."

    Using materials found in the supply room -- some cord and old canvas -- the former prisoners are equipped with ponchos and foot-wrappings. A stout piece of lumber serves on as a walking stick. Good-byes are exchanged. Nemos wishes the party all luck and blessings.

    "Meet me at the Inn of the Welcome Wench," Nemos says.

    The four men begin their slow journey away from the ruined moathouse. Nemos leads the way, his bow at the ready. The two comparatively healthy men walk with the third between them, an arm over each shoulder.

    "Well, I guess we should take a look behind that door, eh?" Xenon suggests.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #268
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    Dacen hands them enough coin to get a meal and a bed at the inn. He suggests to Nemos to let the local church of St. Culbert know that he sent them.

    Dacen gathers his pack, loads his crossbow and moves into the other room. "Well, lets get to it."

    Dacen

    Dacen
    HP: 12 Current: 12 Nonlethal: 8 temporary Hp: 12 (extra)
    Armour Class: 15 Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 12 without shield 13

    Armour: 4

    Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will:+5

    Spells left:
    DC 12 0th - Resistance, Guidance used, Detect Magic, Virtue
    DC 13 1th - Magic Weapon, Magic Stone used, Enlarge Person used (Domain Spell), Inflict Minor Wounds

    Abilities:
    Turn Undead (4/day, 1d20+2, 2d6+2)
    Protection Domain(Protective Ward 1/day, +2 Resistance on next saving throw, 1hr) used
    Strength Domain (Feat of Strength 1/day, +2 Str 1/rd)

    Weapon Attack Damage Critical
    Heavy Mace +3 1d8+2 x2
    Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20x2
    Unarmed Strike +3 1d3+2 x2
    Sickle +3 1d6+1 x2

    Grapple: +7
    Speed: 30' Init: +2
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #269
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,331

    Ignore Graybeard
    If everyone is at the ready, I will open the door. Norim says quietly.

    With sword in hand, he unlatched the door then opens it.

  • #270
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    Dacen nods and lifts the torch higher.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Defunct] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 209
      Last Post: Sunday, 24th January, 2010, 01:23 AM
    2. One Dark Night in Weeping Briar?
      By Ogrork the Mighty in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: Sunday, 5th April, 2009, 01:03 AM
    3. [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 8th January, 2009, 08:00 PM
    4. Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight
      By SecondTime in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 267
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th March, 2007, 09:26 PM
    5. It was a dark and stormy night. (old news?)
      By Odovacar's Ghost in forum General Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2005, 03:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •