[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Dacen says "Fear not. We're getting close!" Dacen places his loaded crossbow back on his hip and lifts his holy symbol. He takes a 5foot step 'south' to get a clear view of 2, 6 and 8.

He raises his holy symbol and declares "Back, Back I say!"

Initiative (1d20+2=18)

(I remember that your using a variant turn undead but I don't recall what it is. Can you please roll it for me? Thanks.)

[Dacen=sblock]
Dacen
HP: 12 Current: 12 Nonlethal: 8 temporary Hp: 12 (extra)
Armour Class: 15 Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 12 without shield 13

Armour: 4

Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will:+5

Spells left:
DC 12 0th - Resistance, Guidance used, Detect Magic, Virtue
DC 13 1th - Magic Weapon, Magic Stone used, Enlarge Person used (Domain Spell), Inflict Minor Wounds

Abilities:
Turn Undead (4/day, 1d20+2, 2d6+2)
Protection Domain(Protective Ward 1/day, +2 Resistance on next saving throw, 1hr) used
Strength Domain (Feat of Strength 1/day, +2 Str 1/rd)

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
Heavy Mace +3 1d8+2 x2
Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20x2
Unarmed Strike +3 1d3+2 x2
Sickle +3 1d6+1 x2

Grapple: +7
Speed: 30' Init: +2
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
(I remember that your using a variant turn undead but I don't recall what it is. Can you please roll it for me? Thanks.)

OOC: Can do.

WD: IIRC, Xenon borrowed another weapon from a villager. I think it was an axe of some sort.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
It was a sickle. X is not proficient with an axe :(

Initiative (1d20+3=17)

not sure about how many HP left.

+2 for Hide and Move Silently, with ACP.
Will move at half speed (20 ft)

False Life HP (1d10+3=9)

[sblock=Stats]
Xenon
HP: 13/16 - 9 non-lethal
THP: 9
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Lots of Zombies! (Round 1)

Dacen says "Fear not. We're getting close!" Dacen places his loaded crossbow back on his hip and lifts his holy symbol. He raises his holy symbol and declares "Back, back I say!"

Positive energy bursts from Dacen's holy symbol in a radiating wave. Five of the zombies -- those to the west and the north -- are caught in the wave. Their flesh shrivels and cracks. Two of them are so severely damaged that they literally fall to pieces.

Xenon gasps at the undead horde. "We should retreat back through the door and await them there... My soulblade isn't of good use against these things!"

The zombies close, moving with herky-jerky speed, hooked fingers stretching for the attack. Norim strikes a defensive posture until the undead creatures come closer. Then he steps forward and attacks, his longsword biting through rotting flesh. In the next instant, the zombies attack!

One lurches around the corner and flails at Xenon. The canny adventurer ducks under the clumsy attack. Norim nearly finds himself flanked by the horrid undead. He plants a boot against one zombie's chest, halting its advance and foiling its attack. Against the other, he sidesteps a powerful punch, bring his sword back to attack position. Dacen stops one advancing zombie with his shield, but finds himself unable to defend against the other. A strong, bony fist crashes into Dacen's jaw, rattling his eyes in their sockets. Then, the monster pulls Dacen into a deathly, powerful embrace. Its jaws crack open wide, revealing black, ragged teeth. Dacen cannot but help remember the first encounter with these hellish creatures in which one bit a man's head open!

Gordon walks in the room and casts Disrupt Undead on one of the zombies. "Taste your foul disruption from the inside you undead bastards!" exclaims the gnome warmage.

The ray of magic streaks forth, striking one of the zombies. It convulses under the assault, but its advance isn't halted. Instead, its attention is distracted away from Norim and then focused on Gordon.

"Kill...gnome," it hisses.

[sblock=For Gordon]
Gordon has 7 0-level spells and 5 1st-level spells per day. I have no idea how many spells he's cast since setting out to the ruined moathouse, and I don't feel like reading through the thread to find out. Let's just say Gordon has 3 0-level spells and 2 1st-level spells left for the day.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Box]
Initiative Order: Dacen, Xenon, Norim, Zombies, Gordon.
Dacen: 8 nonlethal; +7 hp (false life).
Gordon: 1 nonlethal.
Norim: 6 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life).
Xenon: 3 lethal; 9 nonlethal; +9 hp (false life).
Zombies' Damage: #1 (5 hp), #3 (5 hp), #5 (5 hp), #6 (5 hp), #7 (2 hp).
Body Count: 2 zombies.
Current Map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Zombie Initiative: 1d20-1=9.
Dacen's Turning Damage: 2d6=10.
Zombie Will Saves: 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=8, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+2=5.
Norim's Attack: 1d20+4=20, 1d8+2=5.
Zombie Attacks: 1d20+1=6, 1d4+1=2, 1d20+1=8, 1d4+1=2, 1d20+1=21, 1d4+1=4, 1d20+1=3, 1d4+1=3, 1d20+1=3, 1d4+1=5.
Zombie Crit Check: 1d20+1=3, 1d4+1=3.
Zombie vs. Dacen Opposed Grapples: 1d20+2=15, 1d20+7=9.
[/sblock]

Giant Boy

Explorer
Hello, did you order a special delivery of your own flesh? How will you like it....FRIED OR EXTRA CRISPY?

[sblock=OOC regarding Gordon's Attack and Damage Rolls and Results]
Gordon's rolls for his Lesser Orb of Fire will be made ASAP.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack and Damage]
Will be made ASAP.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Dacen nimbly breaks the grip of the zombie, ducking under his snapping jaws. (I hope). He shoves himself backwards, raises his holy symbol and declares "By the power of St. Culbert, crumble!"

Grapple (1d20+3=22)
Dacen has improved grapple so that should actually be 26.

[sblock]
(Same drill with the turning, thanks)
I believe I rolled a 9+3 for the potion of false life. (so 12 total instead of the 7 you have marked) been having a string of lucky rolls.
edit - ur unless he took 5? damage and thats how we are dealing with temp hitpoints? or should it have been 4 nonlethal chain shirt, 1 lethal? urg non of the zombies did 5 damage now I'm confused.
-end edit that clarified nothing

I was going to try an hit him with the torch but then I realize he has improved grapple, yet somehow forgot to include it in the roll. Silly me.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dacen]
Dacen
HP: 12 Current: 12 Nonlethal: 8 temporary Hp: 12 (extra)
Armour Class: 15 Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 12 without shield 13

Armour: 4

Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will:+5

Spells left:
DC 12 0th - Resistance, Guidance used, Detect Magic, Virtue
DC 13 1th - Magic Weapon, Magic Stone used, Enlarge Person used (Domain Spell), Inflict Minor Wounds

Abilities:
Turn Undead (4/day, 1d20+2, 2d6+2)
Protection Domain(Protective Ward 1/day, +2 Resistance on next saving throw, 1hr) used
Strength Domain (Feat of Strength 1/day, +2 Str 1/rd)

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
Heavy Mace +3 1d8+2 x2
Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20x2
Unarmed Strike +3 1d3+2 x2
Sickle +3 1d6+1 x2

Grapple: +7
Speed: 30'
Init: +2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenon attacks the zombie next to him, a bit frustrated, that his companions don't want to retreat to a better position.

[sblock=ooc]
Sickle swing (1d20+1=11, 1d6=2)

[sblock=Stats]
Xenon
AC: 14 / 13 / 11

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Lots of Zombies! (Round 2 & Final Round)

Dacen nimbly breaks the grip of the zombie, ducking under his snapping jaws. He shoves himself backwards away from the zombies.

[sblock=For Dacen]
I did goof on the hit points for Dacen. He took 4 nonlethal from the attack. My brain cramped. Breaking the grapple and turning undead are both standard actions, so the turn undead check can't happen this round, but see below.
[/sblock]

Xenon attacks the zombie next to him, a bit frustrated, that his companions don't want to retreat to a better position. Xenon's sickle slices through dead flesh. The zombie hisses evilly.

Norim will step towards the Zombie that wants Gordon. Taking a mighty swing, he strikes the zombie hard. Its head flies from its body, bouncing off the wall to roll away from the fight. The body flails about for a second or two, and then it falls to the floor.

A zombie lurches toward Dacen. The cleric shoves his shield into its face, foiling its attack. Two others lash out with bony, hooked fingers. Dacen ducks under one and gets his shield back into position in time to block a third rotten limb. Xenon nimbly avoids an attack, and Norim looks every bit the warrior as he ably evades his remaining foe.

Then, from the corner, Gordon says, "Hello, did you order a special delivery of your own flesh? How will you like it....FRIED OR EXTRA CRISPY?"

An orb of fire bursts from Gordon's hands, streaks through the air, and burns a gaping hole down to the shoulder blade of the zombie attacking Norim.

Dacen raises his holy symbol and declares "By the power of St. Culbert, crumble!"

Another wave of radiant, holy energy ripples forth from the cleric. Zombie flesh peels away from bones. Their eyes explode. Bones come apart as sinews shrivel and snap. Almost in the blink of an eye, all of the zombies are destroyed by the vengeful power of St. Cuthbert!

[sblock=XP]
300 each!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Box]
Dacen: 12 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life).
Gordon: 1 nonlethal.
Norim: 6 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life).
Xenon: 3 lethal; 9 nonlethal; +9 hp (false life).
Body Count: 8 zombies.
Current Map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Zombie vs. Dacen Opposed Grapple: 1d20+2=21.
Zombie Attacks: 1d20+1=9, 1d4+1=2, 1d20+1=9, 1d4+1=2, 1d20+1=8, 1d4+1=3, 1d20+1=4, 1d4+1=3, 1d20+1=11, 1d4+1=3.
Gordon's Attack and Damage: 1d20-2=14, 1d8=4.
Dacen's Turn Damage: 2d6=6.
Zombie Will Saves: 1d20+3=10, 1d20+3=9, 1d20+3=7, 1d20+3=9, 1d20+3=9.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Holy $h... " Xenon gasps. "That was... powerful."

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Stats]
Xenon
AC: 15 / 14 / 11

Saves: