D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night - Page 33





+ Log in or register to post
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 342
  1. #321
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    Listens for a moment the breaks into a jog. He holds the torch aloft while grabbing for his mace, his eyes and ears strainning to determine both the direction of the cries and for potential pitfalls.

    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

 

  • #322
    Xenon follows Dacen closely, having a better sight, but not able to discern the direction of the screams.

    ooc

    Spot, Listen (1d20+5=16, 1d20+1=10)

    Stats

    Xenon
    HP: 13/16 - 9 non-lethal
    THP: 9
    AC: 15 / 14 / 11
    Armor bonus: +4

    Saves:
    Fortitude: +2
    Reflex: +6
    Will: +4
    +1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
    spells, and spell-like effects.

    Init: +3

    Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
    Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #323
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,031
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    With cautious haste the party rushes forward. The narrow passage dead-ends after another dozen or so yards. Dacen is momentarily flustered, but then realizes that the dead-end is no such thing. Instead, a heavy and coarse black cloth hangs across the corridor's end. It is long enough that it's end lays rumpled on the floor.

    The baby's cries are unmistakably coming from the space behind the cloth. So too can be heard a guttural chanting.

    Carefully, Dacen eases the curtain to the side, just enough to peer through to the space behind. He sees a wide chamber running to the south. It is close to thirty feet across and extends somewhat farther than that before making a sharp turn to the east.

    Niches dug into the walls run from floor to ceiling, spaced irregularly. Most seem empty, but Dacen can clearly see dessicated corpses laying in others.

    Flickering shadows dance across the floor and walls to the south. Somewhere around the bend in the direction of the crying and the chanting, a fire burns.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #324
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    Dacen pauses, chews his lip and closes the curtain.

    He turns to the others and whispers "Some rite seems to be taking place beyond my line of sight in some kind of sacrophagus. Norim pass me your sword."

    Taking the blade in hand Dacen cast magic weapon upon it. It begins to shed a faint glow. Steeling himself Dacen takes a hold of his holy symbol and prepares to step through the curtain.
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #325
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    109

    Ignore Giant Boy

    Gordon Morringsruud

    "I wish you with luck Dacen...I'll hang back just in case..."

    OOC

    I'll make combat and/or other rolls soon and asap
    Logic mostly deals with common sense


  • #326
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,315

    Ignore Graybeard
    OOC
    Did Dacen take Norim's sword with him or did he give it back. It's unclear.


    Norim follows Dacen a few paces back.

  • #327
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Thondor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa/ Toronto
    Posts
    760

    Ignore Thondor
    OOC

    Sorry, Dacen did give back the sword, the purpose of course was so that Norim would have a magic weapon!
    Superheroes Unleashed: The Game of Infinite Powers and Possibilities.

  • #328
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,031
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance
    The party pushes past the dark, heavy curtain into the catacombs beyond. The sightless, grinning faces of the dead leer from the shadowy recesses of the walls. The harsh voices chants rise and fall in pitch and cadence. The baby's cries remain constant. Shadows dance in the flickering light, more than once creating the illusion that a nearby dessicated corpse had moved.

    Dacen reaches the corner first and cautiously peers around. About fifteen feet away, he sees the backs of four figures, all clad in hooded robes the color of dry blood. They are all but motionless, apparently intent on the fifth figure, a chanting man also in a hooded robe who stands behind a crude altar. Farther behind the altar against the easternmost wall, a row of lit torches cast long, leaping shadows.

    And, there, atop the altar, naked with his arms and legs moving, is the missing infant.

    OOC: No one seems aware of the party. A surprise round is about to happen. Give me initiative checks, please, and keep in mind that you're limited to a single move or standard action during a surprise round. If folks want to adjust their positions so that they can 5-foot step into ranged attack position, that's fine. Basically, the surprise round starts when you all are in position.

    Combat Box

    Dacen: 12 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life).
    Gordon: 1 nonlethal.
    Norim: 6 nonlethal; +12 hp (false life).
    Xenon: 3 lethal; 9 nonlethal; +9 hp (false life).
    Current Map
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

  • #329
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    109

    Ignore Giant Boy

    Gordon Morringsruud

    "I'm gonna kick some baby-stealing butt."

    Gordon takes a 5-ft. step forward and casts ghost sound, aiming for the people in robes. For them, it sounds like a cave-in is going to start.

    "Let's hope they like a cave-in..." the gnome mutters.

    Initiative

    Gordon's Initiative: 1d20+5=12
    Logic mostly deals with common sense


  • #330
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,315

    Ignore Graybeard
    Norim will attack the nearest creature on his turn.

    Initiative=14

    url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2214915/]1d20+1=14

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Defunct] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 209
      Last Post: Sunday, 24th January, 2010, 01:23 AM
    2. One Dark Night in Weeping Briar?
      By Ogrork the Mighty in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: Sunday, 5th April, 2009, 01:03 AM
    3. [3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night
      By Mark Chance in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 8th January, 2009, 08:00 PM
    4. Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight
      By SecondTime in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 267
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th March, 2007, 09:26 PM
    5. It was a dark and stormy night. (old news?)
      By Odovacar's Ghost in forum General Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2005, 03:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •