[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Walking Dad

First Post
"Yes, yes, I'm coming, even as I feel know more like dying. Never a sickle avaiable if you need one..." Xenon replies looking at his far to small seeming dagger.
[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 12/12 10 non-lethal
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +5
Will: +3
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +0 , 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Norim and Xenon follow Gundigoot. Gordon and Tetsuko exchange glances, shrug, and then follow as well. Goodie and Onslo start to herd the Inn's patrons toward the cellar.

Outside, all that can be heard is the howling wind, driving rain, and the nearly constant rumble and crash of thunder. Visibility is extremely poor. While only about 15 feet behind Gundigoot, Tetsuko -- who brings up the rear -- can barely make out the innkeeper's shape through the darkness and the downpour.

It is only about 80 feet from the Inn to Jerard's tannery. Halfway there, the lights from the Inn are difficult to make out. The tannery slowly looms into view, first only as a hazy, dark outline. Tense seconds later, the adventurers and the innkeeper -- all thoroughly soaked to the skin and muddy from the knee down -- step under the cover of Jerard's porch. Visibility improves, but, if anything, it is even harder to hear as thousands of watery fists drum incessantly on the porch's roof.

Sure enough, Onslo's suspicion is correct. The front door the tannery has been forced open. It is pitch black within the building.

Jerard's domicile is like many in Hommlet: the shop is up front. Access to the house is through the rear of the shop. The work areas are adjacent to the shop. Jerard's is not a large building. Store, work areas, and home are all contained in a rectangle of wood and brick about 20 feet wide and 40 feet long.

Cautiously, Gundigoot approaches the open door....

Walking Dad

First Post
Still feeling the bitemarks of his last encounter with the walking dead, Xenon is a bit hesitatnt to enter the building.
[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 12/12 10 non-lethal

Saves:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
"I have a few of these, you can take one of you need it." Gordon tells Norim and shows him a vial - a healing potion.

Following the rest to the tannery, and says in a low voice upon seeing the darkness within: "I'll make it lighter for us, unless someone objects. Oh, and I've soon exhausted my abilities for today, just a fair warning."

[sblock=info]

If nobody objects, I will cast Light on myself.

Info:
HP: 7
AC: 12/12/11
Saves: Fort 1, Ref 1, Will 1.
Attacks: Weapon; +1, 1d3 dmg. Ranged Touch; +2.
Spells: Left; 1/3
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Good idea! I will quaff one of my own. While I'm not half-past dead yet, I might not gain a chance to use it if I fall unconscious against our foes. And, by the way, I have a darkvision like a dwarf. If I spot them, I will tell you!" Xenon whispers, quaffing one of his blueliquid potions.

[sblock=ooc]healing potion (1d8+1=7)
[sblock=Stats]
HP: 12/12 3 non-lethal

Saves:

[/sblock] [/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Gordon's light illuminates the shop. Gundigoot and Norim take the lead, entering the building. A table of common leather belts has been upset, its contents spilled across the wooden floor. An obvious trail of muddy footprints leads toward the back of the shop and around a counter. The door behind that counter stands wide open.

Cautiously and as quietly as possible, the group moves across the shop. Gundigoot pauses, peering over the counter through the open door. The muddy footprints climb the steep stairs toward the family's living area over the workshop. No sounds can be heard except for the storm outside. Gordon's sensitive nose detects a faint charnel smell.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Gundigoot takes a step back and lets Norim head up the stairs first, followed by Gordon and Tetsuko.

"I got the rear flank," the innkeeper says to Xenon.

Slowly in single file, the adventurers head up the narrow wooden steps. Every squeak seems too loud, although reason dictates such sounds could not possibly be heard over the noise of the storm outside.

The stairs land near the center of a large room that occupies most of the upper floor. Beneath the ruin -- the mud, blood, broken pottery, overturned furniture -- it can be seen that Jerard and his family lived simply but comfortably. Although the adventurers didn't know Jerard or his people beyond nodding acquaintanceship, they seemed like hard-working, decent people.

They didn't deserve to die like this. No one deserves to die like this. The only small favor -- if it can be called that -- is that the terrible damage done to the bodies is what probably prevented them from reanimating as zombies.

"By Pelor," Gundigoot hisses, all the color draining from his face. The burly innkeeper chokes back a sob.

A few minutes later, everyone's worst fear is confirmed. Everyone is accounted for among the dead except for Jerard's infant son. The baby's crib has been disturbed. Muddy handprints defile the blankets and mattress. Of the infant himself, there is no sign.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases