[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Walking Dad

First Post
"Then let's do it! Can I burrow a sickle from you good people? I fear my own weapons are of little use against the walking dead." The Xeph asks the congregation.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Canon Terjon lays an aged hand on the shoulder of his impetuous acolyte. "Go with St. Cuthbert's blessings."

Elder Nicholas nods as the other adventurers volunteer to help Hommlet. Gundigoot gives the group a cheerful thumbs-up.

"It seems as if our prayers are already answered," says Nicholas. "We gratefully accept your help."

"Aye," says Burne, "you are a credit. Come to my keep after an hour. I have some things that may aid you." Burne next speaks to the people of Hommlet. "Come, friends! We have work to do. When the sun sets, we may again have to defend ourselves."

Slowly, with much talking, the crowd disperses. Several villagers stop to thank the adventurers and the Cuthbert acolyte. A farmer gravely hands over a sickle to Xenon. Burne and Rufus hurry off to their tower. They can be heard discussing how best to deploy Burne's soldiers to defend Hommlet.

Jaroo the Druid of the Grove approaches Hommlet's volunteer defenders. "When you have seen Burne, come by the Grove as well. We must speak before you venture into the woods."

[sblock=OOC]We'll pause here for a bit so that the new character can be introduced, et cetera, before moving the game to Burne's tower.[/sblock]

Dacen will greet his new comrades with friendliness.

"Well, you all look like could well take more than a few of those creatures yourselves. I'll be honoured to fight by your side!"

As for his appearance, picture Eto from Lodoss War. A young man, almost a boy still, with shoulder-long black hair and dark eyes, wearing white long robes and armed with a club and a shield.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Dacen, Norim, Gordon, and Xenon stop by the Inn of the Welcome Wench for a light breakfast. The events of the previous evening hang heavy in the air. Goodie Gundigoot puts a brave face, but anyone can see the spectre of fear in her eyes. After a simple meal of bread, cheese, spicy sausages, and fresh milk, the adventurers walk through the muddy streets toward Burne's tower.

The tower stands on the east side of town, built atop a small hill to provide what passes for a commanding view of the village. A wall around the tower marks out the limits of Burne's property. Several workman -- most of them locals -- continue construction on a new barracks of stone and mortar to replace the leaky-roofed, mud and log structure that currently houses Burne's Badgers, as the wizard's mercenaries are called.

Rufus is out supervising the construction and seeing to the placement of guards. Rufus is a tall, aging human. He was once handsome, but years of campaigning have weathered and scarred his skin. It is obvious his nose has been broken more than once, and one ear resembles cauliflower. He wears a chain shirt under a plain black tunic. A longsword hangs from his belt.

"Ah, good!" Rufus says when he sees the foursome. "Burne is expecting you. Follow me." The fighter turns on his heel. Despite his limp, his military manner is unmistakable. "Rumor has it you destroyed three zombies last night. Good show. Good show."

[sblock=OOC]We'll pause here again for opportunities for more roleplaying posts.[/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
Grumbling under his breath, the mage follows the old man. "Yeah, the nasties disrupted a nice meal. Timing could have been better, indeed!"

Walking Dad

First Post
After enjoing the breakfast, but sparing the sausages, Xenon travels with the others to the mercenaries, his burrowed sickle at his side.

"I hope you bring something with an edge with you, priest. These zombies are hard to hurt with a blunt weapon. My name is Xenon, by the way." Xenon says to the newest member of their group.

[sblock=ooc]
[sblock=Stats]
HP: 12/12 3 non-lethal
AC: 14 / 13 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +5
Will: +3
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +1 [0base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +0, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +0, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Dacen smiles and pads on the heavy mace hanging from his backpack.

"This good piece of steel has already relieved more than one undead from the curse. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep it, my friend. - Never fought with an axe before."

Of course, if there is one lying around in the temple for him, he'll gladly take it.:)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Rufus, you seem like you were in the military. Were you in very long? I recently got out myself.

Rufus nods as a guard opens the door into the tower. "I served in a mercenary company in the Shield Lands for a few years. I guess the regimentation never really leaves you."

On the other side of the door is a short hall terminating in another door. Overhead, murder holes pierce the ceiling. Rufus knocks a complicated pattern of raps separated by pauses of differing lengths before pushing the other door open to reveal a spacious audience chamber that surely takes up most of the tower's first floor.

Rich tapestries from diverse regions hang from the gray stone walls. Everburning torches -- four total -- illuminate the room. An ornately carved wooden chair, highbacked with leather-covered cushions, sits on a slightly raised dais near the far wall. On the chair sits Burne.

Burne is also an elderly human, thin and angular, with long graying hair pulled back into a ponytail. His slender moustaches droop to just past his chin. He is wearing simple breeches, a shirt, and vest, devoid of ornamentation but obviously made of high quality cloth. A large square table with five chairs sits in front of the dais. A silver tea service waits on the table.

"Please," Burne says, "sit. Help yourself to some tea."

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Walking over to the table, Gordon carefully pours himself a cup of tea. Holding the cup in his hands, he smell at the aroma.

"I understand you had something for us?" being blunt - as ever - the gnome sips tea and looks around curiously. "If we are to investigate this moathouse of yours, what can we expect of the place?" walking over to one of the tapestries and looking up at it for a few moments, Gordon turns back. "...and do you happen to have some cookies, or perhaps a small cake, to accompany this splendid tea?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases