D&D 4E Completed 4e Druid (Updated 7/11, New Items; More Versatile)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
This is the final update I plan to make to the druid for a while. I'll create a separate document with Errata and update this file only if there is a major change to be made.

DOWNLOAD COMPLETED THE DRUID PDF levels 1-30 HERE

Here are some templates for DMs

Here is the Expansion for the druid. It includes errata, a couple new feats, an epic destiny, and flight.Special thanks goes to dcviana and Dire Human for helping me to work kinks out.

The full download now includes all of the expansion information. The expansion is for anybody who doesn't want to redownload the complete file.

Because it is a lot of work to format every detail in a document, I don't quite feel up to doing it again within this thread. I may get around to it, but you'll probably be best off looking at the PDF instead. Sorry if this is an inconvenience for you. If anybody wants to write out all 1-30 levels, I'll post it here and thank you for the contribution. :)

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Errata

Known errata already:

Okay, here's a hotfix for your level 1 defensive druid, and I'll include it in my next update.
1) All druids have Proficiency 3 to attacks while in wild shape.
2) Offensive form gives +2 AC and +1d6 damage with combat advantage (+1d6 at 11 and 21) instead of +1 to attack and Str to damage with Combat Advantage.
3) Tear's Hit should read: "1[W] + Strength modifier damage and the target is marked and takes a -1 penalty to attack you until the start of your next turn."
4) Pack tactic's effect should read: "The target is marked by you and takes an additional 1[W] + Strength modifier damage."

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
FAQ and Conceptualizations

Reserved for FAQ

1) Since an unarmed attack is synonimous with a natural attack in 4e, I've left the verbage Natural attack.

2) Wild Shape as a Channel Divinity Variant: Both here and on the WotC boards, it's been said over and again that druids should have their wild shape represented by different shapes they take through their powers. This is a mechanic I think was very well done by Wizards and so I have used a similar method to my approach with wild shape. Unlike Channel Divinity, not all Wild Shape feats will grant you a new power. Some, rather, tack onto the existing powers. Since I decided Wild Shape itself would be best represented as a stance, writing feats is easier since they all run only as long as you stay in your wild shape.

3) Druids and Items: Druids get a +3 proficiency bonus when in wild shape to attacks; after all, even a rites druid should be as good at dealing 1d4 + Strength damage as a Wizard. Druids gain +2 AC in offensive form and +3 in defensive (tweaked by choice of focus).

4) Offensive druids should deal an average of 3-12 damage less than a rogue of their level on an increasing scale to level 30. They also get to knock foes down quite a bit, which grants decent combat advantage if they decide to spend an action point.

5) Defensive druids should have about 1 less AC than fighters at any level. Their schtick for keeping monsters on them is similar because they get attacks when the monster tries to do something; in this case, attack other creatures. A defensive druid who takes all defensive encounter powers is also surprisingly very good at grappling, so they stick to monsters by literally sticking to them.

6) Rites druids should deal reasonable damage compared to a warlock. Although they don't get a damage bump, they do get versatility in having an additional encounter power at any given level.

7) A defensive druid in offensive form is a lesser rogue with a short-sword. A rites druid in offensive form is a lesser rogue with a dagger.

8) An offensive druid in Defensive form is a lesser fighter with a great-sword. A rites druid in Defensive form is probably running away.

9) Any druid outside of wild-shape during combat is either rite's focused, multiclassed, or doing something sneaky.

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Known errata already:

Alternate defenses - +1 Fortitude/+1 Will
or
+1 Fortitude and choose
+1 Fortitude with Nature's Protector
+1 Reflex with Feral Warrior
+1 Will with Master of Rites

STOMP Druid Attack 1
With crushing hooves, you buck into your opponent.
At-will * Primal, Wild
Standard Action, Melee touch
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage
Special: If target is prone, this attack deals +4 damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier fire damage.
Special: If you hit the target with this power last round, this attack deals +2 damage.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Wisdom modifier and 3d6 + Wisdom modifier respectively at 21st level.

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Okay, it's done. Please, as always, feedback is appreciated. If you notice any glaring errors, please let me know so I can create an errata document.

Also, if you are going to or have playtested this, let me know how it runs. I'll be updating this thread with our own playtests as we start our campaign this tuesday.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Malcolm this is awesome as always. I think I'm going to run one as soon as I can get out from behind the screen. Have you considered making a druid template to go into the file, so us DMs can enjoy your creation?

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Okay, how's this?

DRUID
Power Source: Primal
Defensive Form Druid - Elite Soldier
Defenses: +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex
Saving Throws +2
Action Point 1
Hit Points +8 per level + Constitution score
Weapon Proficiency None
Armor Training Cloth, Leather, Hide
Trained Skills: Nature and one other from Druid List
features: Wild Shape: Defensive Form, Nature's Protector, Stride
Offensive Form Druid - Elite Skirmisher
Saving Throws +2
Action Point 1
Hit Points +8 per level + Constitution score
Weapon Proficiency None
features: Wild Shape: Offensive Form, Feral Warrior, Stride
Master of Rites Druid - Elite Artillery
Saving Throws +2
Action Point 1
Hit Points +6 per level + Constitution score
Weapon Proficiency None
features: Defensive or Offensive Form, +2 damage when using non-wild powers, Stride

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases