The Monster Project

Neil Bishop

First Post
Just a quick note of appreciation for all the work you've put in.

This is a "me too" post. You really deserve XP from everyone. I've learnt a lot about 4E from your posts and having the conversions is a real bonus.

Thanks again for sharing all your work with the rest of us.

the Jester

Legend
Le bump.

I haven't worked on this in quite some time, but I think I'll have a few hours for it later this week. I want to cull the remaining monsters on my list that are in the MM2 first though.

Zarithar

Adventurer
First off, another thank you for what you have done. Your list/conversions fill in a lot of gaps which even the MM2 doesn't appear to fill (animals for instance such as great cats and bears).

I'm specifically looking for help creating a giant constrictor snake of around 3rd level. I'm guessing perhaps it could be a mundane python or anaconda. Any ideas on this or is there a template out there for one already that I have missed?

Thanks!

the Jester

Legend
I'm specifically looking for help creating a giant constrictor snake of around 3rd level. I'm guessing perhaps it could be a mundane python or anaconda. Any ideas on this or is there a template out there for one already that I have missed?

First of all, I hope this isn't too late to help out!

That said:

Hmm, crushgrip contrictor is 9th level... you could downlevel it pretty easily. The way I saee it, to make it 3rd level, I'd change the (important) stats as follows: HP 48/24 bloodied, AC 19, F 19, R 16, W 16; bite +9 (1d8+5 and grabbed); constrict +7; 1d12+6 plus dazed.

Keeps it relatively as deadly as a crushgrip (which I always kind of think of as an anaconda- it's a large natural snake, after all!).

the Jester

Legend
Looking to do a 4E Isle of Dread, and I'm looking for more dinosaurs; T-Rex, Allosauris, triceratops, diplodocus, megatherium, dimetrodon, Grangeri, plesiosaurus, etc etc.

Some dinosaurs, especially aquatic ones like mosasaurs and pleisiosaurs, are personal faves. So they'll make it on- I'm actually going to add a couple to the list in a moment here (I'm just starting up 19th level!).

How about the old-skool Rakasta? Jaguar/were-jaguar?

For rakasta I'd just use tabaxi. For werejaguars- hmm, maybe sub out weretigers from MM2?

FunkBGR

Explorer
Hey Jester -

Just wanted to also say how much I appreciate your work. I've used a lot of your conversions for my home game. They're great! Keep up the good work!

the Jester

Legend
Hey Jester -

Just wanted to also say how much I appreciate your work. I've used a lot of your conversions for my home game. They're great! Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

I find that I tweak a lot of them on the fly (e.g. crimson death, some xvarts, mudmen). When I did a lot of these conversions, I think I undervalued certain abilities. But I usually try to go back and revise the posts when I do this.

I'm glad people find the conversions that I have done useful, and I am still going.

About dinosaurs- I'm only doing a few of them, the ones that I especially like that aren't already in the MM.

buddhafrog

First Post
Thanks so much for this! I'm using some of these in my first D&D gaming in over 20 years as I am trying to introduce my son and his friends to D&D (and one of my very first DM'ing as well).

Very helpful. Keep it up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases