The Monster Project

New monster request from Isle of Dread

Thanks for the excellent work(I found my original request- the Aranea, in 7th level monsters)! Looking to do a 4E Isle of Dread, and I'm looking for more dinosaurs; T-Rex, Allosauris, triceratops, diplodocus, megatherium, dimetrodon, Grangeri, plesiosaurus, etc etc. Any thoughts on those? For the 4 leggers I figure a variation on the MM behemoth would work (or rhino for triceratops). How about the old-skool Rakasta? Jaguar/were-jaguar?

I'm going to try and incorporate these into a project I'm working on to have all the 4e monsters in one place for an app (or even asmor's excellent program).

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Hmm, well you could use tabaxi in place of rakasta pretty easily, I think.

Not many dinos made my list so far, and this project is sorta on hiatus while I have a section of my campaign requiring extensive amounts of prep and I catch my story hours up a bit. But I'll get back to it, I swear! :)

Rakshasa

How about the old-skool Rakasta? Jaguar/were-jaguar?

Rakasta isn't in the MM because it just never existed, or else possibly someone mangled the proper name of the monster, Rakshasa. Rakshasa is basically the Indian flavor of a traditional 'boogieman' sort of monster, much like Oni is a Japanese version of basically the same idea and Djinn were the Arabian equivalent.

The Rakshasa warrior is a sort of 'were tiger'-ish beast, the Assassin looks like it would be basically were-jaguarish.

How about Jermlaine?

These little buggers first appeared in the 1e Fiend Folio. I don't recall that they have been reprinted since then, but there is a 3e conversion here: Jermlaine

I have an extensive ruined Dwarven City dungeon delve in which these guys infest the entire ventilation system. They can pop up in virtually any part of the dungeon to harass weakened or resting parties at any inopportune moment! :) Would really like to have some 4e stats on them so I can continue to pester the daylights out of hapless explorers, hehe.

misalo1

Explorer
Thanks for the excellent work(I found my original request- the Aranea, in 7th level monsters)! Looking to do a 4E Isle of Dread, and I'm looking for more dinosaurs; T-Rex, Allosauris, triceratops, diplodocus, megatherium, dimetrodon, Grangeri, plesiosaurus, etc etc. Any thoughts on those? For the 4 leggers I figure a variation on the MM behemoth would work (or rhino for triceratops). How about the old-skool Rakasta? Jaguar/were-jaguar?

I'm going to try and incorporate these into a project I'm working on to have all the 4e monsters in one place for an app (or even asmor's excellent program).

There is a PDF of Dinosaurs available here for 4.99 US.

Including....

Ceratosaurus, Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurs Rex, Plesiosaurus, Liopleurodon, Stegocerus, Pachycephalosaurus, Protoceratops, Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Rhamphorhynchus, Pteranodon, Quetzalcoatlus, Postosuchus, Sarcosuchus, Dunkleosteus, Megalodon, Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Utahraptor, Cameroceras, Coelophysis, Oviraptor, Dryosaurus, Saltasaurus, Argentinosaurus

All creatures have the 4e type names included in the book...
If you like that type of thing.

the Jester

Legend
Jester thinks they should be Epic tier monsters, which he hasn't gotten to yet.

Yep, I'm getting closer, but until I'm ahead on my campaign prep- and a little closer to caught up on my story hour- I have to hold off on the Monster Project.

I'll get back to it fairly soon; looks like I'll be able to trim my list, though, since a number of my monster choices are in various other books already, or are announced for others still!

Remove ads