Map Making Software Suggestions?

WizarDru

Adventurer
I'm looking at creating a new campaign map and some specific sub-maps. I'm specifically looking at large-scale geographic maps, not dungeon maps.

Can anyone recommend what packages are currently out there? Is Campaign Cartographer II still the reigning champ?

heruca

Explorer
Campaign Cartographer 3 has been out for a good while now, in case you haven't heard. It's still the reigning champ (learning-curve-wise, that is).

Wurm1234

Explorer
CC3 has been out for awhile, is prettier in that it has improved graphics (and will import png files like Dundjinni) and is marginally easier to use that its predecessors...only marginally. Dundjinni is out with a new version (1.07) which has proven stable on Vista and XP and with all recent versions of Java. If you don't have the time or the desire to dig into the complexities of CC3's CAD-based design, then I'd recommend Dundjinni. Dundjinni also benefits from having about the best, most helpful user community around.

Xorn

First Post
I completely agree with both of these assessments.

CC3 (and DD3) are probably the most powerful for the learning curve/cost, but Dundjinni makes some pretty sweet maps for how easy it is to use.

And Dundjinni forums ARE the mapping community as far as I'm concerned.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases