Keep on the Shadowfell (OOC)

drothgery

First Post
Okay, if I did restart the game (taking over the DM's spot, and having Sariel mysteriously disappear), would you guys be okay with

1) Redoing stats based on the standard point buy?

2) Sliding over to Eberron (as it's the setting I know best)? Note that the Warforged from Dragon would be an allowed PC race, as would both shifter variants, gnomes, and dopplegangers from the MM (as changelings).

drothgery

First Post
Quick notes on Dave's quick-and-dirty 4e Eberron

Races:

Dwarf, Half-Elf, Halfline, Human - use 4e mechanics as written, keep 3.5 backstory

Changeling - use Doppleganger from the Monster Manual
Dragonborn - rare in Khorvaire, but exist in some small communities where dragons and/or draconic races existed in 3.5; common in Argonessen but it's unlikely Dragonborn PCs are from there
Eladrin - Eladrin PCs can be Aereni or from Thelanis
Elf - Elf PCs can be from anywhere that has 3.5 elves in Eberron (so a 4e Aereni in this game can choose whether to be an Elf or Eladrin)
Gnome - use the Gnome from the monster manual
Half-orc - use the Orc from the monster manual, add the ability to take human racial feats
Kalashtar - not allowed for now
Shifter - use either shifter from the monster manual
Tiefling - use existing Eberron backstory for tieflings; Tieflings in Dave's Eberron look like 3.5 tieflings (i.e. no pronounced horns, no tail)
Warforged - use the Dragon article for Warforged

No Dragonmark feats for now (though if you want to flavor a power as coming from a Dragonmark that could plausibly grant it, and is approriate for your PC's race, go ahead).

Channel Divinity feats - if you can come up with a good explanation of why the Eberron deity your PC follows grants that power, go ahead and take it (assuming you can take Channel Divinity feats); it'd be easy to convince me to allow Pelor's Radiance as The Sivler Flame's Radiance; Bolderi granting Armor of Bahamut would be a bit trickier.

Atanatotatos

First Post
So... drothgery, you said you wanted to start from scatch, does this mean we'll also make new characters if we want or we have to keep the ones we applied with originally?
If we can change i'd like to play a warforged fighter (so not much of a difference from Baern, a dwarf fighter). I'll post stats and a short background, tell me if it's enough for you.

Titan, Warforged male personality Fighter 1

Str 18 (+2 race)
Dex 13
Con 16 (+2 race)
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 8

AC 17
For 15
Ref 11
Will 13

HP: 31
Healing surges/day: 12

Init: +1
Senses:normal vision perception:12 insight:12
Speed: 5

Languages:Common
Alignment: Good
Patron Deity: Dol Dorn

Racial features: Living construt features
Warforged mind
+2 to Intimidate, Endurance

Class features: Combat challenge
Combat superiority (+2)
Fighter weapon talent (two-handed)

Skills (*trained):
Acrobatics +1
Arcana +0
Athletics* +9
Bluff -1
Diplomacy -1
Dungeoneering +2
Endurance* +10
Heal* +7
History +0
Insight +2
Intimidate +1
Nature +2
Perception +2
Religion +2
Stealth +1
Streetwise -1
Thievery +1

Feats: Weapon focus (hammers) +1

Basic Attack: Melee Maul +7 vs AC, 2d6+5 dmg
Ranged Throwing hammer +6 vs AC, 1d6+5 dmg, rng 5/10
Powers:
-at will:
Cleave
Reaping strike

-encounter:
Warforged resolve
steel serpent strike

-daily: brute strike

-utility:

Item daily:

Equipment:
Standard adventuring kit 15gp
Scale armor 45gp
Maul 30gp
2 Throwing hammers 10gp

Will:
Cleave +7 vs AC 2d6+5 dmg +3 dmg adjacent foe
Reaping strike +7 vs AC 2d6+5 dmg; miss 3 dmg

Encounter:
Warforged resolve:(minor)temp hp 3+half lvl;immediate save vs ongoing dmg;if bloodied heal 3+half lvl.
steel serpent strike:4d6+str + slow and no shift till end next turn

Daily:
brute strike:6d6+str (reliable)

Titan is a young warforged who fought for less than a year during the Last War. He and a few companions from his warforged unity fighting for Cyre managaed to escape capture at the end of a lost battle by feigning death, but Titan was the only among those who had developed a self-consciousness strong enough to disregard obedience to his army, and fleed to Breland, only to continue to fight in another army, but hoping for King Boranel to keep his promise and free the warforged who fought for Breland's army. He soon started to learn more about, well, everything, and to appreciate the comfort in battle a prayer to Dol Dorn could give him and his companions. At the end of the war, Titan could at last live in peace, but he soon found himself unable to do much aside fighting, and actually missing a bit the thrill of battle, also realizing that the Treatis of Thronehold did little to improve the small to non-existant respect for his race. He soon decided to start working as a mercenary to pay for his maintenance, but only accepting jobs he feels are acceptably honorable; he's killed enough people without a good reason. Titan has had relatively very little experience in a civil society, so he's not very good wth people, though of good nature. He still feels somewhat guilty for abandoning his companions to flee to Breland, and has swore to never abandon his fellows again, and will fight fiercely to protect them.

drothgery

First Post
So... drothgery, you said you wanted to start from scatch, does this mean we'll also make new characters if we want or we have to keep the ones we applied with originally?

You can make a new character from scratch or tweak the one you've got (update stats to point buy-able values, change anything else that requires, and update backgrounds to fit in Eberron).

A warforged fighter should be okay; I'm not going to look over stats too carefully tonight.

Rayex

First Post
Oh, much action the days I was away. Anyway, I don't know much (barely anything to be honest) about Eberron, but if possible I would like to continue this game with my Bow-wielding cleric :p

Remove ads