Keep on the Shadowfell (OOC)

Bialaska

First Post
Thanee said:
Don't you get to add Dex to damage with bows?

Bye
Thanee

Careful Attack and Twin Strike both are weapon only damage, they give up the attribute modifier for other bonuses. For instance Careful Attack has +2 to hit, while Twin Strike allows two attacks rather than one.

Rayex

First Post
Thanee: Thanks, yes they do. added it in now.

Bialaska. I think she meant on regular attacks, where I had forgotten to add in both ranged and melee bonus damage.

Rumspringa

First Post
Jemal said:
I don't think damage dealing's gonna be too much of a problem.

So here's my draft so far, just need to spend my remaining gp on mundane equipment. Whadaya think?
[sblock=Darren]
Darren
Male Dragonborn Fighter1
AL: Good HT: 6'5" WT: 250 Scale colour: Rusty

STR: 19 (+4) [17 +2 racial)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 11 (+0)
CHA: 15 (+2) [13 +2 racial]

HP: 29 Bloodied: 15 Healing Surge: 9(11/day)
AC: 19 FORT: 16 REF: 13 WILL: 12
Init: +1 Speed: 5

Attacks:
Melee Basic:
Longsword +8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage [Standard, Melee]

Skills: [3 trained]
Athletics +3(+5 w/o shield) [+5 trained +1 ability - 3(1) armour]
Heal +5 [+5 trained]
Intimidate +9 [+5 trained + 2 ability +2 racial]

Feats: [1] Weapon Focus (Heavy Blades)

Class/Racial Features:
Combat Challenge (When you attack, target is marked: -2 attack rolls not including you, if target shifts or doesn't attack you you get melee basic attack for free)
Weapon Talent (One-handed +1)
Dragonborn Fury (+1 attack when Bloodied)
Draconic Heritage (+2 healing surge)
Dragon Breath

At Will:
Sure Strike: +10 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage [Standard, Melee]
Cleave: + 8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage(Adjacent Enemy takes 4 damage) [Standard, Melee]

Encounter:
Passing Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage (If hit, can Shift and make Secondary attack vs another target at +10 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage) [Standard, Melee]
Dragon Breath: +6 vs Reflex, 1d6+2 Acid damage [Minor, Close Blast 3]

Daliy:
Comeback Strike: +8 Vs AC, 2d8+5 damage (and can spend a healing surge) [Standard, Mellee]

Languages: Common, Draconic

Equipment:
Scale Mail
Heavy Shield
Long Sword
30 Gp
[/sblock]

I was wondering if anyone was going to take a dragonborn...

Thanee

First Post
Yep, I meant the regular attacks. :)

But thanks for mentioning Twin Strike, I really had not noticed yet, that it does NOT get the ability modifier added to the damage. Looks like it's not quite as good as I thought. :D

Bye
Thanee

drothgery

First Post
Bialaska said:
I don't. Having another striker would be awesome.

Though I might want to review Sariel's power selection if she's the only Leader-role PC. Lead the Attack is more effective for her given her stats, but Bastion of Defense would give her another (effectively) healing power along with Inspiring Word.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Ok, after tinkering a bit more, and watching my options etc, I'm now really torn between the Ranger and the Cleric. I guess it's up to the rest, what they most want/need?

drothgery

First Post
Rayex said:
Ok, after tinkering a bit more, and watching my options etc, I'm now really torn between the Ranger and the Cleric. I guess it's up to the rest, what they most want/need?

I think I'd be happier with another leader in the party, because I'd feel less obligated to take healing powers for Sariel, but I suspect she'd be okay as the only one.

Rumspringa

First Post
Since this thread has exploded since yesterday, I created a Plots and places thread here as a place for finalized PCs. Please place your char sheet and background there once you are satisfied.Its just easier for me to reference that way.

1 post per player/PC please. All OOC should come here.

No hurry btw on characters. Discuss and fill out roles as you want. Im still trying to find a map program I like to help in the game. So if anyone has a favorite that is free please speak up.

Atanatotatos

First Post
My advice would be a cleric, but I wouldn' make it a melee cleric too much... it seems to me we already have a solid frontline. A striker is also good, though...

Remove ads