Keep on the Shadowfell (OOC)

Rumspringa

First Post
droth everyone got Sariel's bonus for intitiative. Sorry about the lack of transperancy but had little time to goof with online rollers..so I did it the old fashioned way this time.

drothgery

First Post
Rumspringa said:
droth everyone got Sariel's bonus for intitiative. Sorry about the lack of transperancy but had little time to goof with online rollers..so I did it the old fashioned way this time.

I just want to make sure on that one; we're all new to 4e here, and it'd be easy to forget that one.

Rumspringa

First Post
No problem-you and everyone else have permission to bring things up. Please. Ive done PbP in other rulesets before, but getting used to exception based rules is hard after a near decade of d20.

drothgery

First Post
Heck, I'm also trying to make impromptu decisions on when it's best to use Commander's Strike, and for who. It looks like I should...

Favor Delia when she hasn't used Sneak Attack in the round and has combat advantage
Favor Derren if the opponent's hard to hit (his attack bonus is higher than Baern's).
Favor Baern if the opponent's easy to hit (he does the most damamage on average with a basic attack)

If the others are the only options, Sariel shouldn't use Commander's strike, as she hits harder with a melee basic attack than our wizard even with her Int modifier tacked on, and our cleric needs the bonus from Commander's Strike to do 1 point of damage more than Sariel does on her own... with the same or worse odds of hitting.

Bialaska

First Post
drothgery said:
Heck, I'm also trying to make impromptu decisions on when it's best to use Commander's Strike, and for who. It looks like I should...

Favor Delia when she hasn't used Sneak Attack in the round and has combat advantage
Favor Derren if the opponent's hard to hit (his attack bonus is higher than Baern's).
Favor Baern if the opponent's easy to hit (he does the most damamage on average with a basic attack)

If the others are the only options, Sariel shouldn't use Commander's strike, as she hits harder with a melee basic attack than our wizard even with her Int modifier tacked on, and our cleric needs the bonus from Commander's Strike to do 1 point of damage more than Sariel does on her own... with the same or worse odds of hitting.

You should remember that if it's an opponent that appears to be hard to hit in terms of AC, they most likely have another save that is weak. Therefore it may be to your advantage to give your buff to one who hits on that save.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases