Keep on the Shadowfell (OOC)

Rayex

First Post
Ok, going with the cleric then.. Will need to work a bit more to see what I can get out of it, but will probably dump some of the melee powers I previously had, and get some more utility or something.

Edit: Might change Sifri into an elven cleric, using a bow... Hmm.. *back to tinkering*

Question: How to make a decent range-type cleric? We already have 4 other melee's, me going melee then would probably not be such a good idea?

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
If you focus on wisdom you will have a more than decent arrange of short range powers, and you can hold your own in melee anyway. Going for archery is probably not a good idea though since clerics don't get ranged weapon powers and dexterity is generally a dump stat fr them...

Bialaska

First Post
Rayex said:
Ok, going with the cleric then.. Will need to work a bit more to see what I can get out of it, but will probably dump some of the melee powers I previously had, and get some more utility or something.

Edit: Might change Sifri into an elven cleric, using a bow... Hmm.. *back to tinkering*

Question: How to make a decent range-type cleric? We already have 4 other melee's, me going melee then would probably not be such a good idea?

Well, making a range cleric is going to be pretty difficult. You do have a couple of range powers, but their range is rather short (range 5, compared to most of the wizards range 20). Also most of your powers are either melee range or close. Of course you can use a bow, but you lack the powers to do anything but basic attacks with it, unless you multiclass into Ranger.

Rayex

First Post
Yeah, found that too. Will see what I can work out, looks like fun though.

Ok, I'm gonna try that version. Or atleast something similar. Will have to work a bit to get it like I want it, but I'd definetly want to go that way.

Edit: This is what I got so far. Actually a pretty nice mix of my two previous tries. Only lacking 1 feat now... Will have to take - yet - another look for that.

[sblock=Siranina]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1629514/

Siranina
Female elven Cleric
Alignment: Unaligned
Deity: Melora
Height: 5´ 7?
Weight: 120 lb.
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Emerald green
Skin: Dark tanned

Str: 14 (+2)
Con: 15 (+2)
Dex: 19 (+4) +2 racial
Int: 11 (+0)
Wis: 20 (+5) +2 racial
Cha: 14 (+2)

Hit Points: 27 Bloodied: 13
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 9
Initiative: +4
Speed: 7
Action Points: 1

AC 16
Fortitude 12
Reflex 14
Will 17

Longbow: +6 Damage: 1d10+4 Range: 20/40 Special: Load free
Mace: +4 Damage: 1d8+2
Special: +1d6 when using Warrior of the Wild.

Skills:
Code:
History:	5		
Heal:		10
Religion:	5
Insight:	10

Feats:
Cleric Bonus: Ritual Casting
Level 1: Warrior of the Wild - 1/day use Rangers Hunter's Quarry ability.

Languages:
Common
Elven

Powers:

Healing Word (Cleric, Encounter (special), Minor Action, Close Burst 5, Self or 1 ally.)
Can use 2/encounter, but only once per round.
Effect: Target can spend healing surge and get additional 1d6+5 HP.

At-Will Prayers:
Lance of Faith (Standard action, Ranged 5, One creature)
Attack: +5 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8+5 radiant damage, one ally get +2 to hit on next attack against target.

Sacred Flame (Standard Action, Ranged 5, One creature)
Hit: 1d6+5 radiant damage, one ally gains 3 temporary HP or make a saving throw.

Encounter Prayers:
Elven Accuracy (Racial, Free Action, Personal)
Reroll an attack roll. Use second roll.

Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune (Cleric, Free Action, Personal)
+1 bonus on next attack roll or saving throw before end of next turn.

Chanel Divinity: Turn Undead (Cleric, Standard Action, Close Burst 2)
Target: Eah Undead in Burst.
Attack: +5 vs. Will.
Hit: 1d10+5 radiant damage, push 3+1 squares. Immobilized untill end of next turn.
Miss: Half damage, no push back or immobilize.

Divine Glow (Standard Action, Close blast 3, each enemy)
Hit: 1d8+5 radiant damage.
Effect: Allies in blast gain +2 power bonus on attack rolls untill next of your turn.

Daily Prayers:
Beacon of Hope (Standard action, Close Burst 3, Each enemy in burst)
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: Target is weakened untill end of its next turn.
Effect: You and allies in the burst regain 5+5 hit points, and healing powers restore +5 hit points untill end of encounter.

Equipment:
Hide Armo [30gp]
Longbow [30gp]
Mace [5gp]
Arrows (30) x2 [2gp]

Holy Symbol [10gp]

Backpack [2gp]
Bedroll [1sp]
Belt Pouch [1gp]
Waterskin [1gp]
Trail Rations [5gp]

Money:
13gp 9sp

Proficiencies:
Elven Weapon: Longbow and shortbow.
Armor: Cloth, Leather, Hide, Chainmail.
Weapons: Simple Melee, Simple Ranged.

Class features:
Channel Divinity: Can use Divine Fortune or Turn undead 1/encounter.
Healers Lore: When granting healing with power, add wis modifier to HP gained.
Ritual Casting: Ritual Caster bonus feat. Possess ritual book, with 2 rituals; Gentle Repose + 1 more.

[sblock=Racial abilities: ]
Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature, +2 Perception
Elven Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with
the longbow and the shortbow.
Fey Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Feywild,
so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose
of effects that relate to creature origin.
Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within
5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception
checks.
Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift
(even if you have a power that allows you to shift
multiple squares).
Elven Accuracy: You can use elven accuracy as an
encounter power.
[/sblock]

[sblock=background]
Appearance: Lithe and of average height, there's not much that separate Siranina from her fellow elves. Her hair is light blonde, somewhat of an oddity among the elves, and her eyes are deep, sparkling green. She wear dark green leather breeches and a green and brown leather linen shirt under her dark brown hide armor. On her left hip rests a quiver bristling with arrows, on the right one a seldom used mace. Her longbow she usually carries in her right hand.
Personality: More often than not, she's a smiling, laughing young woman. She enjoys being outside in the woods more than being inside, but can adapt if needed. She prefers to stay at range, assisting her companions with her bow, her blessings and healing abilities, and only use her mace if absolutely necesarry. Her trust in her companions and their abilities is absolute and she know they can hold their own in combat, but still feel somewhat protective when it comes to her friends.
Background: Erm... Not sure about that. yet. More to come, I guess!
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Rumspringa said:
I'm an old grognard, so Id like everyone to roll their scores at Invisible castle.
Too classic.

Curious to see how your game develops.

I have some maps and tokens (I use maptools) for my own game here on EnWorld if it helps...

drothgery

First Post
Graf said:
I have some maps and tokens (I use maptools) for my own game here on EnWorld if it helps...

FWIW, you can make halfway decent grids in Excel by tinkering with field widths until you've got square cells. That's what I did for my Star Wars game.

Rumspringa

First Post
Hmm thanks for the suggestions. Id like to do something simple and accessible.

So here's some mundane business I'd like your opinions on-

First, what is everyone's opinion on posting frequency. I would like to see every other day. I can do daily roughly around the middle of the day here in the US. Let me know your preferences.

Second, given the tactical nature of everyones powers in 4e, Id like to use an online whiteboard for combat. This has advantages and disadvantages of course, namely it could bog things down. I certainly dont want to turn this into a tactical boardgame, but it may be of some use.. I put up a test here.

You can continue the drawing by clicking on "continue the drawing". Once you do you can see the grid. You can change text, pen and symbol color and sizes only the first time you chose them.

Ideally we could use this to keep the relative positions straight. If you each wish you could even "move" your character when you post. The drawing simply has to be emailed to yourself and then linked here. We would all be working off the same page. Not perfect but it may help to visualize things. Let me know.

Last edited:

Remove ads