In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Redclaw

First Post
Most of the townsfolk look around in surprise at the suggestion of searching out whatever had hurt the traveller. You hear responses of, "Why would I risk myself to recover a few trinkets?" and, "Leave that to Norsten and his men. That's what they collect our taxes for."

Eventually Osric, Immeral and Penance head their separate ways.

[sblock=Osric] Osric'smother is waiting at home. "Any news? I am in serious need of some worgsbane. There's an outbreak of eyeblight over at the Stonehands', and you know it doesn't grow around here." It doesn't take a lot of insight to see that she is clearly upset about her inability to help those in need. [/sblock]

[sblock=Penance] Penance's parents are still in the garden, awaiting news about the excitement. The look worried as he hurries back to the house, almost as if they know more than he thinks they do. [/sblock]

[sblock=Immeral and Mirna] As Immeral heads toward the center of town, you are met by Phillian and his ward. They seem to be heading toward the gathering you just left. The elf meets Immeral's gaze and nods. "Ah, the eladrin woodsman. What brings you to town today, Immeral? Know you anything of this wounded merchant?" He looks the eladrin over and sees the furs.
"Of course, your portion of the annual tribute. Unfortunately, you'll find Norsten is off collecting from some of the other outlying areas, so he'll not be able to take those off your hands. Here, why don't you give them to this gentleman," he motions to the townsman who had been following him. "I'm sure he can bring them back to my tower for now, and I'll see that the speaker gets them. That way you can help us discern what has occurred. If it took place on the Forest Road, I warrant you'll be interested." [/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Dm & Immeral]
Mirna is the picture of good manners, marred only slightly by the fact that she seems to be so excited she's bouncing on her toes.

Bowing formally to the huntsman she even manages to dredge up a seasonally-appropriate formal greeting in Elvin.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
If the townsfolk begin to wander away, leaving the hurt man by himself, Valamir will get the attention of one of the stronger looking men. "You there, if we are going to be taking this stranger for Phillian to look after, we might as well get a head start. We both know the old elf won't be able to carry him by himself." Assuming the man agrees, Valamir stoops, putting the strangers arm around his shoulder. Together they half carry half drag the man towards Phillian's tower.

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Immeral, Mirna, and co]Immeral nods back to Phillian and bows to both him and his 'daughter'. "Yes, I came to deliver my tribute." His eyes flit to the townsman Phillian indicates. With a shrug, Immeral gathers the furs in his arms and passes them off. "Careful with those." He turns back to the wizard. "Something attacked his wagon. Trader's hurt pretty bad. Been something strange out in the woods, too. Found a scorched deer earlier." His eyes flit to Mirna ever so briefly, but there's no heat in his gaze. "Butchered, but not skinned. Odd. Not been able to find the culprit." With an expansive shrug, he finishes one of his longest speeches of the year, "Already committed to helping Osric investigate. You're" Indicating both Phillian and Mirna with his gaze, "welcome to come. Might need the help. Got a bad feeling about this one."[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Immeral & DM]

OF COURSE we'll.... she gets control of herself. ...do what ever Phillian thinks is best. She finishes off with a masterful show of restraint. Or so she seems to think.

She even looks down modestly, watching the elves' face intently from beneath the mop of hair flopped in front of her face.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
The townsfolk continue to hover around the wounded trader, and many look nervously toward the forest. Valamir can hear several ideas bouncing around repeatedly from the crowd. "Norsten should be looking into this. The Forest Road is our only connection to other towns." "Norsten's gone, maybe the elf'll check it out." "Ah, who cares. The town's safe enough, and anyone travelling through that forest should be prepared."

[sblock=Immeral and Mirna] Phillian scowls at the ranger's words, and shoots a suspicious look Mirna's way as he replies, "Aye, we've found a few...disturbing...things recently as well. I have been trying to discern their source but have been unable to. It might be a good idea to investigate further, but my duty is here in town. Norsten will be gone for another day or so, and I must stay here. Any assistance you give would be appreciated."

His disapproving gaze falls on his ward, finally aknowledging her outburst. "And just what business would you have accompanying master Immeral, child? You aren't even a novice." [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=DM]
ooc: Sorry about this, I will delete the above post.

Penance rushes in his room, throwing his othe clothes in a corner as he puts on his chainmail. With a second thought, he retrieves his 'secrets' under the floorboard, putting them with other things in his backpack. The holy symbol on his neck, but tucked under the shirt, he grabs the morningstar before leaving his home.

"Mom, dad, the trafder was robbed, I will help some others to retieve the goods. Wish me luck!" he shouts as he runs by his foster parants, not waiting for a response.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Redclaw said:
[sblock=Osric] Osric'smother is waiting at home. "Any news? I am in serious need of some worgsbane. There's an outbreak of eyeblight over at the Stonehands', and you know it doesn't grow around here." It doesn't take a lot of insight to see that she is clearly upset about her inability to help those in need. [/sblock]

Osric at home[sblock]: Even as he entered the house, he saw his mother waiting, and felt just a bit guilty for not sending a messenger to her right away. He spoke quickly, even as he began putting on his armor. "The trader was hurt pretty bad- if you hadn't set me to watch the road, I doubt he would have made it all the way into town. He's down in the square, and some folks are tending him as best they can- I think he'll live. But no sign of his wagon- since Norsten's out collecting tribute, I'm going out with some of the others to see if we can find it, and whatever is responsible. I'll try to remember the worgsbane, though." Despite the potential danger, he managed a scowling smile. [/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=DM & Immeral]Mirna switches to elvin (if we're not speaking it already) Of course not sir. I wouldn't do anything of course. I'd just be an observer. That is, since neither you or Norsten are available there ought to be an official record of what happened.

She looks over at the elf with a slightly pleading look. "I could take notes! Master Immeral will probably far to busy directing people and looking for clues to write down everything. So I'll be, like his helper.... and you'll have an official record of what happened. You can check them later with the good master to make sure everything ties up.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases