In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Immeral, Mirna, and co]Immeral smiles and shakes his head slightly. "May as well let her come, Phillian. I can keep an eye on her better if she's with us than if she's following us."[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Valamir stops for a moment. The man was dead weight, and hard to carry. He woudn't give up though. Before too long, he lifted the unconscious man again, with help, and they moved him closer to Phillian's tower.

Taking in the townfolks comments, Valamir senses some uneasiness and confidence that things will be okay. Valamir had his ideas as well. An attack on a merchant plus the lack of game in the area seemed to indicate a new threat. Hopefully it wasn't a threat to the entire town.

Redclaw

First Post
Valamir makes his way slowly toward the center of town. As he rests, still supporting the merchant by himself, he sees Immeral talking to Phillian a ways down the road. He even thinks he sees Phillian's ward, Mirna, standing between them.

[sblock=Osric] Aye, see that ye do, lad. Ye're a good son, and I know ye'll be safe about it. Osric's mother reaches out to smooth her son's beard and makes sure that he takes his backpack with him. The dwarf makes his way back toward town, encountering Immeral, Phillian, and the elf's odd human ward as he nears the edge of town.
OOC: Minor Quest--bring some worgsbane for Osric's mother. [/sblock]

[sblock=Penance] Without a glance back at his parents, the tiefling makes his way back toward the unconscious merchant, rounding a corner and coming across Phillian, Immeral and Phillian's ward, conversing in the middle of the street. [/sblock]

OOC: Okay, Mirna and Immeral are entering a skill challenge in an attempt to convince Phillian to let Mirna accompany the adventurers. This is a social skill challenge, so using diplomacy to convince him, bluff to make assurances (see Mirna's previous attempt) and knowledge of likely threats in the forest to disarm his concerns are good ways to win him over. Of course, you can come up with other ideas as well. Mirna can roll a bluff, and Immeral a diplomacy for your previous dialogue.

Others can join in the next round, if they so choose.

Phillian meets his ward's gaze, a bit of pride hiding behind his stern glare. He looks around at the other townsfolk, some of whom have stopped to watch the wizard and the demon-child. Clearly, Phillian is unhappy about having this conversation in front of others.

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Immeral, Mirna, and co]
Seeing that Mirna has a hard time to convince her master to join them, Penance tries to help, but doesn't really understand what they say. But he manages to look really reassuring (ooc: bluff +4 (+2 cha, +2 race).
[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Immeral, Mirna, and co]"Come now, Phillian, it's not like there's any goblins out in the woods." His expression darkens for a moment, then he continues, "And if there are, they won't be there for long once I find them." [/sblock][sblock=OOC]Diplomacy check for round 1: Diplomacy (1d20+1=18)

Using Nature for round 2 of the skill challenge (at least, I assume that's what you meant by knowledge of the likely threats in the forest): Nature (1d20+7=12)[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Seeing the argument progress, Valamir lowers the unconscious man gently to the ground. Moving forward, he speaks his opinion. "Immeral and I know parts of the forest. We've been out there many a time on hunting trips. If there was anything that deadly out there, we would have known about it."

Valamir looks at Mirna and then back to the wizard, "She is capable on her own, I am sure. There is little you can do to keep her from growing up. She is not a puppy that you can keep tied up forever just so it doesn't chew on your boots."

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy check:11, bloody 2s. [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Redclaw said:
[sblock=Osric] Aye, see that ye do, lad. Ye're a good son, and I know ye'll be safe about it. Osric's mother reaches out to smooth her son's beard and makes sure that he takes his backpack with him. The dwarf makes his way back toward town, encountering Immeral, Phillian, and the elf's odd human ward as he nears the edge of town.
OOC: Minor Quest--bring some worgsbane for Osric's mother. [/sblock]

Osric: [sblock] "It'll be all right, I think," Osric rumbled as he slid the heavy chain hauberk over his shoulders. The armor's weight was reassuring, in its own way, and he felt more confident, more ready, as he adjusted the mail and reached for his pack. With everything in place, he strode out the door, stopping to give his mother a jaunty wave. Soon enough, he made his way back towards the center of town- only to find a gathering group on the street halfway there. He eyed the people a bit warily, especially the wizard- with Norsten out of town Phillian was the closest to being "in charge". Osric slowed his stride a bit, trying to get some sense of how things were shaping up...

OOC: Osric knows better than to get into a social contest, at least initially. He'll hold up and observe for now. [/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
ooc: apologies somehow missed redclaw's original post...

I away from a proper computer so I can't link but I can roll... Hope that works. Mirna has bluff +0 and diplomacy +5. She'll keep speaking in elvin to lessen Phillian's discomfort with being overheard.

Graf

Explorer
ooc roll 1634282 (I think details like character name mirna are all in properly)
rolled 16+0 and 17+5

Mirna leans forward on her staff and looks a Phillian. She keeps her voice low and earnest; deliberately hard for people to overhear. I just think I might be able to contribute. To do something meaningful. That would be acceptable wouldn't it fa... allian? she deftly tries to cover her mistake turning the word father into a mispronounciation of the elf's name.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases