In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Redclaw

First Post
Valamir rummages through the belongings of the kobolds, finding various odds and ends, including a number of smooth pebbles, worn down by exposure to a river according to Immeral. Additionally, he finds a long, thin piece of wood in the belt of one of the slingers. It seems arcane in nature, although it will likely take some time to figure out exactly what it does.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Valamir lets his mind settle for a moment before examining the wand in greater detail.

[sblock=ooc]I'm AFB, how long does it take to identify a magic item, a short rest? I'll spend a couple surges as well.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 18
Fort 15
Ref 15
Will 18
HP 26/26
Surge remaining 4
Encounter:
Dreadful word
Divine challenge
Second Wind
Daily: Curse of the Dark Dream [/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
As he and the others rest, catching their breath and patching a few wounds, Valamir studies the wand. He comes to understand that it will strengthen psychic attacks. Osric also notices that the sword the dragonshield was using looks well made, more so than he expects from kobolds. On closer inspection, he recognizes the mark of Ander, Evenfall's aged blacksmith, who hasn't forged a new blade in ten years.

[sblock=ooc] Yes, a short rest is usually enough to identify a magic item. This is a Wand of Psychic Ravaging +1 (Adventurer's Vault p. 111). It's daily power isn't much use to you, but I figured the bonus damage to psychic attacks might be nice. [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Valamir tucks the wand into his belt, and looks around the clearing seeing how his allies are faring after the battle. "Should we gather what goods we can, take them back home, and then fetch some horses to haul the rest? I don't see anything else to lead us on further. Immeral, do you see any tracks to lead us on from here."

[sblock=Plans]I know we were looking for the kobold lair, but this seems like a good place to go back to town. I am perfectly fine with either decision. Thoughts?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"Has anyone of you founds something interesting?" Penance asks.

[sblock=ooc]
Penance hasn't use his AP and daily and has still nearly half of his healing surges. No problem with pressing on.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 22 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 3/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 2/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Pulling the wand out to let the tiefling see, Valamir speaks. "I found this wand. It seems to increase the effectiveness of attacks that target the mind. I can hold on to it for now if nobody minds."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Osric took a few moments worth of rest once the fight was over- a few deep breaths, some time to readjust the heavy weight of his armor, and a dash of water from the skin in his pack. The fight had been over in mere moments, but somehow it seemed far longer- odd how a real battle seemed so much different than even the most realistic training.

He gave the dragonshield's corpse a hearty extra kick, and only then noticed the quality of the blade that it carried. "Anyone who wants a sword, this looks like a fine one," he called out, as the searching drew to a close. "If we can find a trail, we ought to push on- somebody will miss these critters before long. We did good not lettin' any of 'em get clear- any of you sharpshooters might want to work the same next time. No sense lettin' 'em know how many we are..."

OOC: Spend another surge (HP to 27, 9 surges left) and a short rest. I'm willing to continue now, if we can find a trail.

Redclaw

First Post
The trail continues past the clearing, Immeral says after a quick scouting forray. It still appears to be heading in the right direction. He stands at the edge of the clearing, looking into the depths of the forest without any sign of actually seeing anything. I fear the search is leading me away from my home. I can not protect the entire forest, and feel that I should be returning to the area I have been patrolling. I can guide you to the hills, or I can guide you back to the village, but I will be leaving your company after whichever you choose.

OOC: the sword has no special rules, it's just not old and rusty the way you would expect from kobolds, and it is the work of Ander.
And while I'm thinking about it, that encounter was worth 135 xp each, added to the 25 each from the skill challenge and the 100 each from the beetle battle, you're up to 260.

Walking Dad

First Post
Penance takes a look at the sword. While not trained in it's use, he often thought about learning the art of swordplay. Then he sees Ander's sign. "Have you seen the symbol? It is Ander's work. And I thought all his old swords were tribiute to the dragon. Perhaps these creatures worked for it." Penance says.

----

After hearing Immeral's words, he thanks him for his help. He understands the elf's reasons, but is sorry to loose such an able companion.

[sblock=ooc]
Penance hasn't use his AP and daily and has still nearly half of his healing surges. No problem with pressing on.

----

What about the combination with the other group?

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 22 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 3/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 2/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir nods. "Perhaps we should go back home then. We can let the elders know what happened. Surely if the kobolds are working for the dragon, and the dragon wants to start preying on the townfolk, things are more complicated."

Looking towards the elf, Valamir speaks his mind. "Thank you for your help, but if you are feeling uneasy about continuing, we should probably head back to town."

[sblock=ooc]I propose we go back, talk to the leaders, possibly join up with the other group, and then come back for the kobold lair. No extended rest.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases