In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Nope, no new map and no kobold near Penance. There was some confusion in my original description of the action, as I had forgotten to move Penance after his action last round, then did so retroactively. Rather than have the kobold pursue Penance outside of Mirna's AoE spell, and thus still be standing, I'll hybridize the situation and leave Penance damaged and the kobold dead. [/sblock]
Penance's action is currently invalid, as there is no kobold near him.

Redclaw

First Post
21 Osric
17 Valamir
--Kobold Slinger
--Penance
16 Kobold Skirmishers
15 Mirna
8 Immeral

The beetle's burst of flame was surprising- but it only hurt a little. "Get the lizard with the sling," he shouted, shuffling forward to swing his halberd at the remaining beetle. His heavy blade since deeply into the creature’s carapace, and it collapses to the icy ground.

Valamir takes heed from from the dwarfs advice and strides closer to the bridge, his foes' sight blocked with his otherworldly powers. Upon getting closer, he cries out to curse the remaining beetle before another blast of baleful flashes from his burnt hand to strike towards the slinger. It sears into the creature’s skin

The slinger shouts in surprise at its pain and attempts to hurt Valamir in return, sending an oddly shaped bullet the warlock’s way. The bullet strikes home and bursts into flame (7 damage, and ongoing fire damage, save will end). The creature takes a quick step back, and takes cover behind the wagon.

With the kobold who hit him already dead, Penance takes time to get breath before he advances the path.

The remaining kobold skirmisher moves past the slinger and disappears into the dense forest. None of you are sure where he wound up (but the square he entered the forest in is marked).

Mirna runs forward, threading her way through the path and charging pastPenance to she looks like she's going rush past Valamir and Osric, but stops instead; peaking out from behind them at the wagons.
They ran away... right?
The Icy Terrain evaporates returning to it's normal state.

Even as he looses his fourth arrow, Immeral springs from the trees and dashes down the road. Then, mid-stride, he vanishes from sight briefly and reappears across the river. As his foot touches the ground, he smoothly whirls in place and fires yet another pair of arrows. One of the two drives into the kobold slinger’s chest.

Osric 31/31,
Valamir 19/26 on fire
Penance 13/22, +2 to all defenses
Mirna 23/23,
Immeral 25/25
FB1 Dead
FB2 Dead Cursed
K Bloodied Cursed, Hunter's Quarry
KS1 Bloodied marked by Osric,
KS2 Dead Cursed

Attachments

• Forest Path.xls
    17 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
With the kobold who hit him already dead, Penance takes time to get breath before he advances the path.

[sblock=ooc]
Using Second Wind. Move to k15

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 13 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 5/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 1/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Mirna runs forward, threading her way through the path and charging pastPenance to she looks like she's going rush past Valamir and Osric, but stops instead; peaking out from behind them at the wagons.

They ran away... right?

The Icy Terrain evaporates returning to it's normal state.

[sblock=OOC]My understanding is that you can't move diagonally over difficult squares, so it's impossible for Mirna to get within striking distance (without spending an action point).

So she just double moves to goes to J15 and stops.
Icy Terrain ends at the end of her turn.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Valamir sprints over the bridge, his form obstructed by starlight. He stands and catches his breath, trying to put out his burning hair in his first real combat.

[sblock=Actions]Burn. 5 fire? Move to K-9 and used second wind.
Attempt save: Success: 17
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats, Post turn]

AC 16+4=20 after movement and second wind
HP: 23/26 Bloodied 13
F: 13+2=15
R: 13+2=15
W: 16+2=18

Healing surge 6: 7/8 remaining

Encounter:
Dreadful word
Divine Challenge

Daily:
Curse of the dark dream [/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"I hope so Mirna. Can we make a short rest? I feel rather drained." Penance asks the others.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 1/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
"Rest when they - or you - are dead."[sblock=OOC]There's still visible kobolds, guys...

Immeral's actions depend on the state of the battlefield by the time he gets around to acting.

If the Slinger isn't dead yet, or the Slinger is dead but the Skirmisher is alive and visible, he'll Quarry it, Evasive Strike Evasive Strike (1d20+6=19, 1d10+4=6) Hunter's Quarry (1d6=6) and shift to O8 then move O8->N8->M7->M6->M5.

If the Slinger is dead and the Skirmisher is still hidden, he'll search for it: Perception (1d20+7=10) and fail miserably, then move P9->O8->N8->M7->M6.

If Slinger and Skirmisher are dead, he'll start looking for tracks (use the Perception roll above, I guess, even though it's way less than his passive Perception...).[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Sorry, Immeral. I hadn't seen the last one." Penance answers, a bit embrassed, but his blush is covered by his dark skin.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases