In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

pathfinderq1

First Post
Osric could see the cowardly little creature dart off into the woods, and he knew he wasn't fast enough to catch it. "Get it before it runs away! It probably has friends out there." Halberd in hand, he jogged towards the slinger, trying to get close enough to attack.

OOC: double move across the bridge and around the wagon, towards the kobold slinger.

Redclaw

First Post
21 Osric
17 Valamir
--Kobold Slinger
--Penance
16 Kobold Skirmishers
15 Mirna
8 Immeral
Osric could see the cowardly little creature dart off into the woods, and he knew he wasn't fast enough to catch it. "Get it before it runs away! It probably has friends out there." Halberd in hand, he jogged towards the slinger, trying to get close enough to attack.

Valamir sprints over the bridge, his form obstructed by starlight. He stands and catches his breath, trying to put out his burning hair in his first real combat. He finally gets the fire put out, and regains his focus (heals 6).

The kobold slinger shifts defensively away from Osric (shifty ability lets him shift as a minor action, then shifts again as a move action). He then loads his sling and shoots at the dwarf, spitting something out in draconic. But it is apparently thrown off by being under such a vicious assault, and its bullet flies wide, releasing a noxious gas into the air beyond the wagon.

"I hope so Mirna. Can we make a short rest? I feel rather drained." Penance asks the others.

Immeral steps into the open and fires an arrow at the kobold, taking it in the chest and finishing ending its reptilian life.

End of combat, as the skirmisher appears to have disappeared into the forest.

Osric 31/31,
Valamir 23/26
Penance 13/22
Mirna 23/23,
Immeral 25/25
FB1 Dead
FB2 Dead
K Dead
KS1 Bloodied escaped
KS2 Dead

Graf

Explorer
Mirna glances around.

What an unlikely coincidence to find you all here...
I wonder where all that ice came from....
Perhaps there are more kobolds around who lost, lost control of their magic....
It certainly is a mystery to me....

She speaks in an arch, exaggerated tone of voice.

From where I observed your brave fight, from a very safe and far off distance, against the horrible monsters I certainly couldn't make out where those strange magical effects came from. She makes a melodramatic shrug worthy of a drunken bard.

She looks pointedly at Immeral.

And then scuttles over to Penance. Wow, that looks really painful.... she says in her normal clipped tone.
The young woman looks like she's going to prod one of his blisters with a long finger but manages to resist actually touching it. It hurts, right?

Walking Dad

First Post
Penance examines his own bruises and cuts and looks at the others.
"I seem to be hurt most. But I think most of us need at least a short rest. Immeral, can you find a good place to regroup and bind wouds a bit away from the main route?"
As he says so, he takes out his holy symbol under his shirt.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 13 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 5/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 1/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir walks over to the wagon, and gives a look around, checking to see if the creatures had taken the merchant's goods away from the wagon.

[sblock=stats]AC 16
HP: 23/26 Bloodied 13
F: 13
R: 13
W: 16

Healing surge 6: 7/8 remaining

Encounter:
Dreadful word
Divine Challenge

Daily:
Curse of the dark dream[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Oscarl gave a long glare in the direction of the escaped kobold. "Somehow, I just know he is gonna come back and bite us on the..." He paused, and glanced in Mirna's direction before finishing "Knee." He strode over to the slinger's corpse, leaning his halberd against the wreckage of the wagon, and began searching the body- some of those sling "stones" had been a bit exotic. "Let's get our breath, take a quick look 'round here, then see if we can go after that crafty little wretch."

OOC: Short rest, and spend a healing surge to recover from the beetle-flame. Search the slinger, and check the wagon to see if anything is salvagable- then we go kobold hunting...

Graf

Explorer
Mirna looks slightly miffed that Penance hasn't answered her question. She stands up and huffs off to help search the wagons with Valamir
He paused, and glanced in Mirna's direction before finishing "Knee."
Mirna makes a mental note to herself.... Dwarven knees very sensitive. Probably because they're so fat. Pressure on their joints.

She comes to stand next to the young warlock, these... she says ....are kobolds!
Kobolds often dwell near a dragon’s lair, maintaining a safe distance but bringing sacrificial offerings to their “god.” Most dragons ignore kobolds, as a crocodile ignores the birds that pick its teeth clean.
Kobolds are skilled at making traps, which they use to capture prey and to acquire sacrifices for their dragon lords.​
She rattles off the information she recalls about them; glancing slyly over to see if the young man looks impressed.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir nods in agreeance. "Makes sense I guess. I guess you did learn something other than how to clean up while in that tower," Valamir jokes.

[sblock=ooc]I rolled an arcane check too, Can't find it now. It was like a 7 or so. I know jack about kobolds.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Mirna smiles back brightly at him.

She raps her staff on one of the wagons, summoning light at it's tip and practically leaps inside the wagon to explore.

Walking Dad

First Post
Penance looks at Mirna and says: "I got only some cut and bites, nothing that the divine powers cannot handle. About burns, you have to ask Osrik. I'm not easily burned."
As he says so, he uses his holy symbol and a short prayer to let the Raven Queen heal his wounds. (At least Mirna will know his cleric powers before.)
[sblock=ooc]
He uses his second Healing Word on himself and tries to get a short rest.
healing word (1d6=4)
4+5=9 Back to full HPs.
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 22 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 4/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 0/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases