In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Redclaw

First Post
Penance calls on the healing powers of the Raven Queen once more, and Osric and Mirna search the wagon and the dead kobolds. Between the kobolds, they find 20 gold pieces and 150 silver pieces. The wagon appears to have been thoroughly looted already. A number of boxes and similar storage devices have been broken and discarded, and anything the kobolds didn't see as valuable has been shredded. With a little work, the party should be able to right the wagon and get it back to Evenfall, but there is nothing else to salvage at this point.

Meanwhile, Immeral explores the area around the ambush site and discovers a number of kobold tracks leading from the wagon to the river. He's also pretty sure that the scuff marks on the bank of the river are from some sort of boat.

OOC: short rest, everyone can recover encounter powers and spend healing surges as needed. Please inform me of any surges used, however.

Penance gets the benefit of Healing Word once, but if he wanted more uses he would need to rest for five minutes, then use HW again, then rest for 5 minutes again to recharge it before heading out.

Graf

Explorer
Mirna finishes poking enthusiastically about the wagon. So... It looks like they're just thieves... she sounds slightly disappointed.

As she crawls out of the wagon she continues Unless... maybe... the wagon was transporting something special.... something important! She brightens considerably at the thought.

Maybe.... we should go after them and recover whatever vitally important thing it is that they stole!

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir looks around at the river, judging it's depth, and difficultly to cross if needed. "I agree. We set out to find the goods. Not to just kill some kobold bandits. We should look for whatever camp they are using to hold the goods and go from there."

"We can probably leave the wagon here for now, it would be pretty heavy to push I would think. If we find the goods, then we can return home and get a couple horses to bring the wagon to the goods and then back home."

Zurai

First Post
"They travelled by river. It'll be hard to track them. Let me think."[sblock=OOC]Nature (1d20+7=15) to try and think of the geography of the area. Are there any caves along this river in the area?[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"They travelled by river. It'll be hard to track them. Let me think."[sblock=OOC]Nature (1d20+7=15) to try and think of the geography of the area. Are there any caves along this river in the area?[/sblock]
"Will it be really that hard? I'm no tracker, but we saw the direction they flew. Couldn't we go the same direction by the river and look at the bank where they left the water?" Penance asks, most of his wounds healed.
[sblock=ooc]
I didn't thought the others heard so much that they really need a healing word. If so, he will rest for ten minutes, using his two encounter healing words after the first five.
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 22 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 4/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 2/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Immeral] He knows that there are some hills to the west, although he hasn't gone there. That seems the most likely location for caves. [/sblock]

[sblock=WD] That was more of an informational bit than a suggestion. I think Osric can recover enough with a healing surge. I was just thinking about future situations. Mostly I was checking to see how using encounter powers outside of an actual encounter might work, and decided that you can, but you need a short rest afterwards to recover them. [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
"It would be simple, but there could be multiple boats landing in different locations to throw off pursuers." Valamir dips his finger into the river swirling it about. He picks up a flat stone from the river bottom and skips it across the river's surface. "I hope we are not getting over our heads here."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Osric took his time searching the wagon, and within a few minutes the worst of the pain from the short fight seemed to have eased. He still didn't feel as fresh as he had first thing this morning, but he was ready to take on a few more kobolds. "Since we don't have a boat, what should we do? Do we want to walk down the bank until we find something, or should we follow the little rascal who ran off, in case he leads us to his friends?"

OOC: [sblock] Just using one healing surge, for 7 HP- puts him down only 2. That ought to do for now. Surges left 11 of 12, current HP 29 of 31. [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir stands up from the riverbank before looking up into the sky. "I think we should follow the river. We are less likely to get lost and less likely to be lead into a trap."

Redclaw

First Post
The river bank is not easy walking, but it seems navigable (half speed), at least at this point. The water gets deep quickly, and the current seems strong. Those of you without atheletic training might struggle to stay afloat if you fell in.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases