In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Graf

Explorer
I think that's a brilliant plan! Mirna heads off down the river. The skinny girl gets about ten feet into the deeper part of the river before the current pulls her off her feet.

She pops up sputtering and soaked, clambering onto a rock.

It's a bit fast. She glowers accusatorily at Valamir. With a gesture she summons a mage hand to retrieve her staff before it floats down the river.

Walking Dad

First Post
"I think he meant we should use the bank to follow the river, Mirna. But this kobolds seem to be good swimmers. Anyway, I'm glad you are here with us.
And about this being to much for us... I think this will be easier than explaining the dragon that we have lost it's tribute."
Penance says, trying to encourage Mirna and the others. And maybe I will not act like a hasty idiot next time.
[sblock=ooc]
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 22 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 4/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 2/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Indeed," Valamir says simply. "I wonder how far away they live. Immeral do you have any idea where a suitable home would be for kobolds?" Valamir uses his armored sleeve to push aside some thorny bushes for his companions to pass by without much restraint.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Osric gave a long weary glance to where Mirna was perched on a rock at the river's edge. "Maybe we ought to stay back a bit, like Penance said. Just follow the route of the river, but back from the bank a bit. I don't like the idea of falling in there with all this metal on..." Despite his reservations, he seemed ready to continue the trip.

Graf

Explorer
The western hills?
I've uh, been there once or twice...
well, I thought about going once, but it was too far... but it's the same thing. Mirna thinks to herself.

[sblock=Knowledge nature]Does a 27 get any more info about likely hideouts in the western caves?
PS feel free to let me know if it's one of those "troll infested zones even Mirna wouldn't go near" and I'll edit my post.

Not that I don't want to enjoy the pleasure of making dozens of athletics checks as we crawl along the edge of this river or anything... ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir looks to the sky, hoping to spot the moon early on the rise. "You've been out here?" He says to Mirna's comment. "And to think that I thought you were more of a homebody."

Graf

Explorer
Mirna, squeezing out her soaked clothing, stares intently at Valamir trying to figure figure out whether she's being teased or he actually thinks she's a "homebody".

ooc: Insight=23

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Mirna] She doesn't know much about those specific hills, as they're farther away than she has been able to travel on her own. On the other hand, her vast knowledge of the natural world suggest that the hills in the distance, undoubtedly the source of the very river the party stands next to, are ideal for mining, and therefore would be a sensible location for a mining people like the kobolds. [/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Well.... I've never been quite that far. But you know... this river is going to lead to those hills, those ones over there. Mirna hops up on a nearby rock and points at the far off hills; her mage hand hovers nearby holding her staff.

She hops down, and sifts out a pointed stone. See? Limestone. This rock didn't come from around here, but it hasn't come far. You can tell because the edges are still sharp because it hasn't traveled far from its source.

And, as everyone knows, kobolds are miners and like to live in caves.
She elaborates only slightly. So they probably used the river to help haul their ill gotten gains upstream. But we don't need to follow the river all the way there. We can just follow an animal trail until we get close to the path!

Since they're moving against the current they can't be going that fast... Why if we travel quickly we might even be able to cut them off!

Dripping but undeterred Mirna retrieves her staff from her mage hand and marches off in the direction of the hills, hoping to pick up on some sort of easy to follow trail.

After a few minutes of picking her way through hedges and collecting a small city of burrs on her clothing (ooc: Find trail -> Nature=13) she turns around and says.
I'm sure Master Immeral knows a good game trail around here headed toward those hills.

[sblock=OOC]The dice, they are a fickle mistress. Sometimes they givith and sometimes the leave you high and dry.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases