In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC - Page 14

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore Redclaw
    So, as I see it you all have two choices for trailing the kobolds. You can follow the river until you come across signs of the boat they used, or you can follow game trails up into the hills and search for their lair.

As hinted at earlier, you can follow the river at half speed, no checks needed unless something else changes things. The forest around here will also be slow going, although a good game trail will speed things up. However I'll need Nature checks to make sure you stay headed in the right direction.

"I don't know much about kobolds and their lairs, but I think they will have a reason, why move up the river and don't use trail paths. This firebugs are bad enough, and I don't know what other creatures live here. And without a good path, we will not move much faster than following the bank. And we risk loosing direction.
    But I say to much about things I'm really no expert in. What do you say, Immeral?"
    Penance says.
    ooc

Mini stat block

Penance
    Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
    AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
    Hit Points: 22 / 22 Bloodied: 11
    Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 4/7
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 2/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
    Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
    Signature

Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

PS: English is NOT my native language!

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

"They'll move faster in a boat than they would on foot. Else, why take the boat? Following along the shore will ensure they outpace us."
    OOC
    Perception or Nature check to find/know game trails (1d20+7=19) Immeral's Perception and Nature skills have identical bonuses, so just apply the roll to whichever skill is more appropriate.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore Redclaw
    Taking Immeral's advice, the party heads into the forest, following a game trail toward the distant hills. The trail shows pretty regular use by a variety of animals, and Immeral believes he sees sign of kobold use, too, encouraging his belief that they are headed in the right direction. The forest is quiet, as it has been for about a week, but it is serene and beautiful. The trail opens up to clearing every now and then, and often swings back around to touch the bank of the river.

It's a small trail with forest on either side, so very slow going if you leave the trail. I need a marching order.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

ø Ignore Graf
    Having gotten over her sulk at being left behind by the ranger as he forages ahead Mirna is now making a game of trying to spot him.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore EvolutionKB
    Valamir stands near the middle/front of the group. He knows his chainmail will protect him from the worst a kobold could do, and he knows he was not able to use his most powerful abilities in the earlier skirmish because he was so far away.

Mirna
    Insight reveals a little of both, teasing and seriousness

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

ø Ignore Graf
    Well, since I can't really help at all against any of these dangerous monsters, since I don't know any serious magic, The girl lays a commically large amount of emphasis on those words, I'd best go hid in the back behind all you strong boys.

Mirna moves behind Valamir in the order.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore Redclaw
    So I've got Immeral about 50' in front, followed by Penance, Valamir, Mirna and Osric bringing up the rear. Does that sound about right?

Immeral leads the way into the depths of the forest, guiding the group through one nearly invisible path after another. Those who aren't overly perceptive (passive 15) aren't even really sure that they're on a path. Travel doesn't seem quite as difficult as you would expect, based on the undergrowth around you, however.

Immeral
    After about an hour on the trail, Immeral who can still here his companions' armor and quiet discussions from his advanced position, comes to a small clearing. The game trail leads in, and he can see it continue on the other side. Just as he is about to enter, he notices a glint of reflected metal coming from behind a bush on the far side of the clearing (G6). With a quick glance around, he thinks he spies one or two other forms lurking just outside the glade(F9 and H11).

Map for Immeral only.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Redclaw; Wednesday, 16th July, 2008 at 09:04 AM.

Redclaw
    Immeral freezes for a brief moment as the glint of metal catches his eyes, then stops and stretches, catlike, as if it was completely natural for him to stop and stretch upon finding a clearing in the woods. As he stretches, he scans the edges of the clearing for threats.
    OOC
    Goddamn unstable ENWorld made me lose the first post. Glad IC has a search feature cause I actually rolled well for once.

Bluff (1d20+1=15) to act as if he didn't see anything.
    Perception (1d20+7=26) to spot ambushers.

Almost wish it was in initiatives so I could ready an action to Fey Step into the woods. I'll just have to hope I roll well a third time if it comes to a fight.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore Redclaw
    Immeral
    You don't notice any increase in the movement. You don't see any reason to believe that they've even noticed you yet. However, due to the tree cover, you can't make out any more detail about what is there.

You here your companions getting closer as you stand there.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast