In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Penance escapes the sucking creature. Then he tries to hit it with all his wrath.

[sblock=ooc]
Escape (Athletics vs Fortitude) (1d20+2=13)
That is a move action.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1704849/
(Hit 14, damage 10 :( )
Only if it is still there, Penance won't follow it into the woods.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 14 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 4/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 2/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir stuck by the glue, jerks his leg up, trying to free himself. He calls out, "Pelor smite this creature who dares to defy your guiding light!" He glares at the kobold that attacked Osric his eyes causing distress to the creatures mind.

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 18
Fort 13
Ref 13
Will 16
HP 16/26
Surge remaining 7
Encounter:
Dreadful word(used)
Divine challenge(used)
Second Wind
Daily: Curse of the Dark Dream [/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]Divine Challenge Dragonshield. -2 attack targets other than me, and 7 damage if targeting other than me. Eyebite dragonshield, Invisible to dragonshield if it hits. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1702321/ 19 to hit vs will of dragonshield. 7 damage, 3 on save(fail)[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Osric gave a stuttering bark which could have been either a deep chuckle or a growl. Without moving his feet, he swung his halberd at the dragonshield in a whirling arc, once as the creature stepped away and again as it raised its shield.

OOC: Success with the map! Osric made his save to end the ongoing -2 penalty, but I'll include it on my rolls. If the penalty is gone, add 2 to each attack roll. One basic attack for the OA, then another dose of Reaping Strike for the dragonshield. Basic attack 1d20+4 vs. AC, 1d10+3 possible damage (attack 17; damage 5); Reaping strike 1d20+4 vs. AC, 1d10+3 possible damage, miss deals 3 HP (attack 19; damage 13); http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1704279/

Redclaw

First Post
Penance tries to escape the sucking creature. Then he...

[sblock=ooc]
Escape (Athletics vs Fortitude) (1d20+2=13)

That is a move action. Can I try again with my standard action if unsuccessful?
If penance had success, he uses Infernal wrath and Priest Shield against the creature.

PS: When do I use the 5 HP? On the creature's turn?

13 breaks you free of the stirge. Roll your attack.

You take the 5 points at the beginning of your turn, before you roll. So you take it this round.

Redclaw

First Post
20—Stirges
18—Kobolds
15—Immeral
14—Osric  starting here
13—Penance
6—Mirna
4—Valamir

Osric misses the retreating kobold, but then renews his determination and smashes through its shield, opening a deep gash on the creature’s arm. (KD is bloodied).

Penance feels the jaws of the flying creature dig deeper into his flesh. Flailing about with disgust and pain, he manages to push the creature off of him, then swings his weapon at it, just glancing off the creature’s leathery wing.

Mirna steps away from her attacker and uses her arcane talents to send a blast of concussive force toward both flying creatures. Her spell catches both, sending them tumbling away from Penance and herself. (both pushed 2 squares. S1 is bloodied.) Even as she does so, the ice her spell created moments ago fades from the trail and trees on the far side of the clearing.

Valamir stuck by the glue, jerks his leg up, trying to free himself. He calls out, "Pelor smite this creature who dares to defy your guiding light!" He glares at the kobold that attacked Osric his eyes causing distress to the creatures mind. It screams in pain and fear, then drops to the ground, unmoving. (KD is dead)

The stirges launch themselves back into the battle, flying deftly through the trees. Mirna finds herself attacked once again, and this time the winged beast’s claws and teeth find weak points in her defense. (4 damage, grabbed, ongoing 5 until you escape). The other stirge flies past Penance and Osric, zeroing in on the immobilized warlock. He, too, finds himself clawed, bit and clung to. (2 damage, grabbed, ongoing 5 until you escape.)

The two kobolds, seing their guard taken down, concentrate their attacks on the most obvious threat, the dwarf with the halberd. Two more sling stones fly at Osric, one bursting in flame on his armor (crit! 9 damage, ongoing 2 fire until you save). The other stone deflects off his armor and flies past the combatants.

Immeral once again targets Mirna’s attacker. One of his arrows finds its mark, but the other misses, as he tries too hard to avoid the young wizard. (Missed due to increased AC when attached.)

Immeral 25/25
Osric 8/31 11 bloodied, surges left, burning
Penance 14/22 4 surges left
Mirna 19/23 grabbed
Valamir 18/26 7 surges left, Immobilized, grabbed
Kobold Slinger1 uninjured Cursed by Valamir
Kobold Slinger2 uninjured
Kobold Dragonshield Dead
Stirge1 Immeral’s Quarry Bloodied
Stirge2 injured

Attachments

• trail.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 92

Graf

Explorer
Mirna gasps as the stirge begins to suck her life's blood out [ongoing 5]. She tries to pull free of the bloodsucker [move:escape->fail].

Famous wizardesses don't die like this...

She tries to summon another thunder wave, but it's more of a thunder ripple [Thunderwave:MISS].

[sblock=Mirna]
Passive Perception 17 ✦ Passive Insight 17
Defenses 15/11/15/15
Hit points 14/23 Bloodied 11

:area: Icy Terrain (standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Cold, Implement
:area: Freezing Cloud (standard; daily) ✦ Arcane, Cold, Implement
Staff of Defense (immediate interrupt; encounter) ✦ Implement[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Osric, let the cold caress of the Raven Queen numb your pain!
And you, foul blood-sucking beast, begone!"

Penance shouts, healing energies pouring into Osric and cold light burns away Mirna's attacker.

[sblock=ooc]
Free: Use Healing Word on Osric (spend healing surge and regain extra 5 HP)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1706501/
Free: Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune
Standard: Lance of Faith vs Stirge 1
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1706507/
Hits 22 for 12 damage
Move: 5 ft step to i9

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 14 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 4/7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 1/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Valamir curses as the creature begins drinking to his blood. The pressure and pain from it's and needle-like mouth was intense. He could feel his pulse beating in his ears and tries to rip the creature from him. His fingers scratching against the creature's carapace unnerves him and he flings his arm away and tries assaulting the creatures small mind with psychic power. Even as his assault begins he form blurs and begins to fade from view

[sblock=Stats(our totals seem to be off for my hp Redclaw can you take a look?)]
AC: 18
Fort 13
Ref 13
Will 16
HP 14/26
Surge remaining 7
Encounter:
Dreadful word(used)
Divine challenge(used)
Second Wind
Daily: Curse of the Dark Dream [/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]Is this our second encounter this day(making it a milestone and gaining an AP on our completion?). Invisible castle seems to be down, so no rolls. Escape from grab(move): Athletics +1 vs fort, shifting to I7 as part of the escape if I succeed. Curse the stirge eating me(minor). Eyebite as standard(regardless, I assumed you couldn't attack while grabbed, but all it does is immobilize you, I can still attack). +4 vs Will(+5 if still grabbed, due to prime shot). 1d6+4 psychic damage +1d6 from curse. If I don't succeed on the grab but I do on the attack, maybe me going invisible to it will confuse it. :-S[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Osric fought down the urge to howl in pain as the fire took hold. Instead he tried to channel the agony into rage, focusing his anger on the pesky kobolds. While the surge of energy from Penance was heartening, it was a desire for vengeance which propelled his steps- and the sweep of his halberd.

OOC: With the healing word from Penance, that would be 12 HP back- bringing current to 20. The way the map looks S2 is in a separate square- but from the sound of it it is actually sharing space with Valamir; either way I should be able to move around, but it will be easier if it isn't taking up that adjoining square.

Move to G7 (between KS 1 and Valamir); attack KS 1 with halberd, using Cleave (marking KS 1 in the process)- if Cleave hits, S2 is the secondary target. Rolls: Cleave attack 1d20+6 vs. AC= ; 1d10+3 potential damage= ; Saving throw vs. fire 1d20= ; Okay, so no rolls at this time- Invisible Castle home page has a big internal server error web page. I'll try back later with the same plan unless the GM wants to make the rolls to save time.

Redclaw

First Post
20—Stirges
18—Kobolds
15—Immeral
14—Osric <-- starting here
13—Penance
6—Mirna
4—Valamir <--ending here
Osric fought down the urge to howl in pain as the fire took hold. Instead he tried to channel the agony into rage, focusing his anger on the pesky kobolds. While the surge of energy from Penance was heartening, it was a desire for vengeance which propelled his steps- and the sweep of his halberd. The long axe tears through the undergrowth surrounding the kobold and leaves a deep wound on the creature’s shoulder. (bloodied)

"Osric, let the cold caress of the Raven Queen numb your pain!
And you, foul blood-sucking beast, begone!"

Penance shouts, healing energies pouring into Osric and cold light burns away Mirna's attacker. The stirge bursts into pure-white flames.

Mirna reels a little as she shakes the flaming stirge off. She gathers herself and, with an arcane flourish, sends a beam of magical light toward the wounded slinger. It goes awry, however, and almost strikes Varilar in the back instead.

Valamir curses as the creature begins drinking to his blood. The pressure and pain from its needle-like mouth was intense. He could feel his pulse beating in his ears and tries to rip the creature from him. His fingers scratching against the creature's carapace unnerves him and he flings his arm away and tries assaulting the creature’s small mind with psychic power. The creature, already confused by his escape, screeches in anguish and collapses to the ground. (Yes, it’s the second encounter of the day, and thus a milestone, and you were right about the damage, thank you.)

Immeral 25/25
Osric 20/31 10 surges left
Penance 14/22 4 surges left
Mirna 19/23 grabbed
Valamir 14/26 7 surges left

Kobold Slinger1 bloodied Cursed by Valamir, marked by Osric
Kobold Slinger2 uninjured
Kobold Dragonshield Dead
Stirge1 Immeral’s Quarry Dead
Stirge2 Dead

Last edited:

Remove ads