In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

[sblock=Redclaw]Valamir shakes his head after an unsuccessful hunt. Upon seeing the crowd and the haggard man, he starts foward, his chainmail clinking together. He looks to the crowd around the man, seeing whom is among them. Some of the townsfolk still see him as an outsider as well, even though it has been many years now. Some are even suspicious of him, walking to hunt without even a weapon more than a dagger. "Give the man some space and air!"His tone is not harsh at first, but if he has to repeat himself he will interject a little bit of force into his voice(diplomacy to intimidate).[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Penance

[sblock=DM & everyone around the injured trader]
Penance kneels down next to the man and examines his wounds (heal +8) whispering in his ear: "Don't be afraid. If your time has come, the queen will embrace you and end your suffering. If not, you will live."
(He will live, isn't he?)

To Osric: "Is there a tracker nearby? If you go to find the goods I will accompany you. I just have to hurry home to get weapon and armor."

On a yes, he hurries home and gets equiped.

ooc: Comandment of the Raven Queen:
Hold no pity for those who suffer and die, for death is the natural end of life.
[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Mirna]Mirna silently follows along behind Phillian. Squeezing her staff and silently praying to all the gods in alphabetical order that she doesn't "miss it".

Then she starts going in reverse alphabetical order.

She doesn't look Gladir, of course. Not with Phillian around. And not when he's taking her to see something interesting.

If he would....
just...
hurry...
up...![/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Valamir, Osric, Penance and Immeral] The crowd parts slightly, and a human youth with a far-off look parts the crowd.
EvolutionKB said:
he starts foward, his chainmail clinking together. "Give the man some space and air!"His tone is not harsh.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Valamir] You recognize Immeral easily as the eladrin who brought you to Phillian's tower and has checked on you once or twice since. The other folk around the trader are less familiar. You recognize a few of the townsfolk, but not well enough to name them.[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=At the injured trader]Immeral's eyebrow arches as the tiefling kneels and whispers to the injured trader, but gives no other indication of whether he heard the whisper or not. "I can track. Give me five minutes and I will return." When the tiefling scurries off, Immeral bends low over the trader and whispers his own prayer. "O Pale Mistress, grace this poor wandering soul with thy healing light." His holy symbol, dangling from his neck, seems to glow softly for a brief moment - or was that just it catching a ray of sunlight?

Not waiting to see the result of his prayer, Immeral turns to Osric and hefts the furs over his shoulder again. "I must deliver this tribute. I will return."[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Healing Word on the injured trader (healing surge +1d6; should rouse him pretty quick). Yay for using Daily powers on random NPCs![/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
At the tieflings' whispered words, Valamir's eyes narrow. It was not my family's time, he thinks. Content to stand and watch for now, he pulls back from the crowd, standing at the edge.

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Penance] Penance is quickly able to tell that the man is suffering from a number of injuries, as well as absolute exhaustion. He is bleeding from a few puncture wounds, and has a nasty bruise on his skull. The biggest problem, however, appears to be a highly elevated heart rate, quite possibly resulting from an extended episode of intense exercise. He doesn't react to Penance's whispered words, or notice as the cleric leaves his side.[/sblock]

[sblock=Immeral] Your healing powers seem to ease some of the trader's suffering. Several of his puncture wounds look less angry, and the blood flow stops. He doesn't open his eyes, however. [/sblock]

[sblock=Mirna] Still waiting for the others to catch up to your timeline. [/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
At the injured trader: [sblock] Osric leaned back as others tried to aid the injured man. He nodded in approval, but at this point he knew that he had done as much for the fellow as he could. Now the other matters could be resolved. At Immeral's words he stood as well. "Five minutes it is then. I'll meet you here- who else wants to go for a little walk in the woods, with whatever caused this man's injury and distress?"

When whatever responses were offered began to slow, he turned to jog towards home, where his heavy pack and armor waited just inside the door, ready for just such an occurrence...[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Penance returns to the others, wearing a chainmail. His right hand brandishes a morningstar, the holy symbol tucked below his clothes.

"So, who is willing to come with us and look for the goods?"

ooc: I stopped using spoilerblocks. We all seem more or less in the same place.
[sblock=Walking Dad]You're getting a bit ahead of the game, WD. Osric and Immeral have just decided to leave, but haven't done so yet, and we haven't heard anything from Valamir. Mirna hasn't even gotten there yet.
Please let me tell you when events are taking place, rather than skipping ahead to your next entrance. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases