In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC - Page 3


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 226
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Zurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,410
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Zurai
    Immeral leaves the small gathering briefly to deposit his share of the dragon's tribute.

 

  • #22
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Redclaw
    Most of the townsfolk look around in surprise at the suggestion of searching out whatever had hurt the traveller. You hear responses of, "Why would I risk myself to recover a few trinkets?" and, "Leave that to Norsten and his men. That's what they collect our taxes for."

    Eventually Osric, Immeral and Penance head their separate ways.

    Osric
    Osric'smother is waiting at home. "Any news? I am in serious need of some worgsbane. There's an outbreak of eyeblight over at the Stonehands', and you know it doesn't grow around here." It doesn't take a lot of insight to see that she is clearly upset about her inability to help those in need.


    Penance
    Penance's parents are still in the garden, awaiting news about the excitement. The look worried as he hurries back to the house, almost as if they know more than he thinks they do.


    Immeral and Mirna
    As Immeral heads toward the center of town, you are met by Phillian and his ward. They seem to be heading toward the gathering you just left. The elf meets Immeral's gaze and nods. "Ah, the eladrin woodsman. What brings you to town today, Immeral? Know you anything of this wounded merchant?" He looks the eladrin over and sees the furs.
    "Of course, your portion of the annual tribute. Unfortunately, you'll find Norsten is off collecting from some of the other outlying areas, so he'll not be able to take those off your hands. Here, why don't you give them to this gentleman," he motions to the townsman who had been following him. "I'm sure he can bring them back to my tower for now, and I'll see that the speaker gets them. That way you can help us discern what has occurred. If it took place on the Forest Road, I warrant you'll be interested."

  • #23
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    21

    ø Ignore Graf
    My communities:

    Dm & Immeral

    Mirna is the picture of good manners, marred only slightly by the fact that she seems to be so excited she's bouncing on her toes.

    Bowing formally to the huntsman she even manages to dredge up a seasonally-appropriate formal greeting in Elvin.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

  • #24
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore EvolutionKB
    My communities:

    If the townsfolk begin to wander away, leaving the hurt man by himself, Valamir will get the attention of one of the stronger looking men. "You there, if we are going to be taking this stranger for Phillian to look after, we might as well get a head start. We both know the old elf won't be able to carry him by himself." Assuming the man agrees, Valamir stoops, putting the strangers arm around his shoulder. Together they half carry half drag the man towards Phillian's tower.

  • #25
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Zurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,410
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Zurai
    Immeral, Mirna, and co
    Immeral nods back to Phillian and bows to both him and his 'daughter'. "Yes, I came to deliver my tribute." His eyes flit to the townsman Phillian indicates. With a shrug, Immeral gathers the furs in his arms and passes them off. "Careful with those." He turns back to the wizard. "Something attacked his wagon. Trader's hurt pretty bad. Been something strange out in the woods, too. Found a scorched deer earlier." His eyes flit to Mirna ever so briefly, but there's no heat in his gaze. "Butchered, but not skinned. Odd. Not been able to find the culprit." With an expansive shrug, he finishes one of his longest speeches of the year, "Already committed to helping Osric investigate. You're" Indicating both Phillian and Mirna with his gaze, "welcome to come. Might need the help. Got a bad feeling about this one."

  • #26
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    21

    ø Ignore Graf
    My communities:

    Immeral & DM


    OF COURSE we'll.... she gets control of herself. ...do what ever Phillian thinks is best. She finishes off with a masterful show of restraint. Or so she seems to think.

    She even looks down modestly, watching the elves' face intently from beneath the mop of hair flopped in front of her face.

  • #27
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Redclaw
    The townsfolk continue to hover around the wounded trader, and many look nervously toward the forest. Valamir can hear several ideas bouncing around repeatedly from the crowd. "Norsten should be looking into this. The Forest Road is our only connection to other towns." "Norsten's gone, maybe the elf'll check it out." "Ah, who cares. The town's safe enough, and anyone travelling through that forest should be prepared."

    Immeral and Mirna
    Phillian scowls at the ranger's words, and shoots a suspicious look Mirna's way as he replies, "Aye, we've found a few...disturbing...things recently as well. I have been trying to discern their source but have been unable to. It might be a good idea to investigate further, but my duty is here in town. Norsten will be gone for another day or so, and I must stay here. Any assistance you give would be appreciated."

    His disapproving gaze falls on his ward, finally aknowledging her outburst. "And just what business would you have accompanying master Immeral, child? You aren't even a novice."

  • #28
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    7

    ø Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    DM

    ooc: Sorry about this, I will delete the above post.

    Penance rushes in his room, throwing his othe clothes in a corner as he puts on his chainmail. With a second thought, he retrieves his 'secrets' under the floorboard, putting them with other things in his backpack. The holy symbol on his neck, but tucked under the shirt, he grabs the morningstar before leaving his home.

    "Mom, dad, the trafder was robbed, I will help some others to retieve the goods. Wish me luck!" he shouts as he runs by his foster parants, not waiting for a response.
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Tuesday, 17th June, 2008 at 01:06 PM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #29
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,155
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore pathfinderq1
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Redclaw
    Osric'smother is waiting at home. "Any news? I am in serious need of some worgsbane. There's an outbreak of eyeblight over at the Stonehands', and you know it doesn't grow around here." It doesn't take a lot of insight to see that she is clearly upset about her inability to help those in need.
    Osric at home
    Spoiler:
    : Even as he entered the house, he saw his mother waiting, and felt just a bit guilty for not sending a messenger to her right away. He spoke quickly, even as he began putting on his armor. "The trader was hurt pretty bad- if you hadn't set me to watch the road, I doubt he would have made it all the way into town. He's down in the square, and some folks are tending him as best they can- I think he'll live. But no sign of his wagon- since Norsten's out collecting tribute, I'm going out with some of the others to see if we can find it, and whatever is responsible. I'll try to remember the worgsbane, though." Despite the potential danger, he managed a scowling smile.

  • #30
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    21

    ø Ignore Graf
    My communities:

    DM & Immeral
    Mirna switches to elvin (if we're not speaking it already) Of course not sir. I wouldn't do anything of course. I'd just be an observer. That is, since neither you or Norsten are available there ought to be an official record of what happened.

    She looks over at the elf with a slightly pleading look. "I could take notes! Master Immeral will probably far to busy directing people and looking for clues to write down everything. So I'll be, like his helper.... and you'll have an official record of what happened. You can check them later with the good master to make sure everything ties up.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [OOC] The Protectors of Greensfen
      By nerdytenor in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 83
      Last Post: Wednesday, 20th May, 2009, 07:42 AM
    2. In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC
      By Redclaw in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 141
      Last Post: Thursday, 2nd October, 2008, 05:41 AM
    3. Redclaws Protectors OOC
      By Redclaw in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 170
      Last Post: Friday, 12th September, 2008, 10:06 AM
    4. Redclaw's Protectors
      By Redclaw in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Sunday, 15th June, 2008, 08:39 AM
    5. In defiance of Dragons--Homebrew 4E campaign starting up
      By Redclaw in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 105
      Last Post: Wednesday, 11th June, 2008, 08:35 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •