In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC - Page 4




+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 226
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Zurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,410

    ø Ignore Zurai
    Immeral, Mirna, and co
    Immeral smiles and shakes his head slightly. "May as well let her come, Phillian. I can keep an eye on her better if she's with us than if she's following us."

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ø Ignore EvolutionKB

    Valamir

    Valamir stops for a moment. The man was dead weight, and hard to carry. He woudn't give up though. Before too long, he lifted the unconscious man again, with help, and they moved him closer to Phillian's tower.

    Taking in the townfolks comments, Valamir senses some uneasiness and confidence that things will be okay. Valamir had his ideas as well. An attack on a merchant plus the lack of game in the area seemed to indicate a new threat. Hopefully it wasn't a threat to the entire town.

  • #33
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039

    ø Ignore Redclaw
    Valamir makes his way slowly toward the center of town. As he rests, still supporting the merchant by himself, he sees Immeral talking to Phillian a ways down the road. He even thinks he sees Phillian's ward, Mirna, standing between them.


    Osric
    Aye, see that ye do, lad. Ye're a good son, and I know ye'll be safe about it. Osric's mother reaches out to smooth her son's beard and makes sure that he takes his backpack with him. The dwarf makes his way back toward town, encountering Immeral, Phillian, and the elf's odd human ward as he nears the edge of town.
    OOC: Minor Quest--bring some worgsbane for Osric's mother.


    Penance
    Without a glance back at his parents, the tiefling makes his way back toward the unconscious merchant, rounding a corner and coming across Phillian, Immeral and Phillian's ward, conversing in the middle of the street.


    OOC: Okay, Mirna and Immeral are entering a skill challenge in an attempt to convince Phillian to let Mirna accompany the adventurers. This is a social skill challenge, so using diplomacy to convince him, bluff to make assurances (see Mirna's previous attempt) and knowledge of likely threats in the forest to disarm his concerns are good ways to win him over. Of course, you can come up with other ideas as well. Mirna can roll a bluff, and Immeral a diplomacy for your previous dialogue.

    Others can join in the next round, if they so choose.


    Phillian meets his ward's gaze, a bit of pride hiding behind his stern glare. He looks around at the other townsfolk, some of whom have stopped to watch the wizard and the demon-child. Clearly, Phillian is unhappy about having this conversation in front of others.

  • #34
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    ø Ignore Walking Dad
    Immeral, Mirna, and co

    Seeing that Mirna has a hard time to convince her master to join them, Penance tries to help, but doesn't really understand what they say. But he manages to look really reassuring (ooc: bluff +4 (+2 cha, +2 race).
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #35
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Zurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,410

    ø Ignore Zurai
    Immeral, Mirna, and co
    "Come now, Phillian, it's not like there's any goblins out in the woods." His expression darkens for a moment, then he continues, "And if there are, they won't be there for long once I find them."
    OOC
    Diplomacy check for round 1: Diplomacy (1d20+1=18)

    Using Nature for round 2 of the skill challenge (at least, I assume that's what you meant by knowledge of the likely threats in the forest): Nature (1d20+7=12)

  • #36
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ø Ignore EvolutionKB

    Valamir

    Seeing the argument progress, Valamir lowers the unconscious man gently to the ground. Moving forward, he speaks his opinion. "Immeral and I know parts of the forest. We've been out there many a time on hunting trips. If there was anything that deadly out there, we would have known about it."

    Valamir looks at Mirna and then back to the wizard, "She is capable on her own, I am sure. There is little you can do to keep her from growing up. She is not a puppy that you can keep tied up forever just so it doesn't chew on your boots."

    ooc
    Diplomacy check:11, bloody 2s.

  • #37
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,087

    ø Ignore pathfinderq1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redclaw
    Osric
    Aye, see that ye do, lad. Ye're a good son, and I know ye'll be safe about it. Osric's mother reaches out to smooth her son's beard and makes sure that he takes his backpack with him. The dwarf makes his way back toward town, encountering Immeral, Phillian, and the elf's odd human ward as he nears the edge of town.
    OOC: Minor Quest--bring some worgsbane for Osric's mother.
    Osric:
    Spoiler:
    "It'll be all right, I think," Osric rumbled as he slid the heavy chain hauberk over his shoulders. The armor's weight was reassuring, in its own way, and he felt more confident, more ready, as he adjusted the mail and reached for his pack. With everything in place, he strode out the door, stopping to give his mother a jaunty wave. Soon enough, he made his way back towards the center of town- only to find a gathering group on the street halfway there. He eyed the people a bit warily, especially the wizard- with Norsten out of town Phillian was the closest to being "in charge". Osric slowed his stride a bit, trying to get some sense of how things were shaping up...

    OOC: Osric knows better than to get into a social contest, at least initially. He'll hold up and observe for now.

  • #38
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039

    ø Ignore Redclaw
    Waiting on Mirna's actions.

  • #39
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Blog Entries
    21

    ø Ignore Graf
    ooc: apologies somehow missed redclaw's original post...

    I away from a proper computer so I can't link but I can roll... Hope that works. Mirna has bluff +0 and diplomacy +5. She'll keep speaking in elvin to lessen Phillian's discomfort with being overheard.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

  • #40
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Blog Entries
    21

    ø Ignore Graf
    ooc roll 1634282 (I think details like character name mirna are all in properly)
    rolled 16+0 and 17+5


    Mirna leans forward on her staff and looks a Phillian. She keeps her voice low and earnest; deliberately hard for people to overhear. I just think I might be able to contribute. To do something meaningful. That would be acceptable wouldn't it fa... allian? she deftly tries to cover her mistake turning the word father into a mispronounciation of the elf's name.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [OOC] The Protectors of Greensfen
      By nerdytenor in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 83
      Last Post: Wednesday, 20th May, 2009, 06:42 AM
    2. In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC
      By Redclaw in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 141
      Last Post: Thursday, 2nd October, 2008, 04:41 AM
    3. Redclaws Protectors OOC
      By Redclaw in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 170
      Last Post: Friday, 12th September, 2008, 09:06 AM
    4. Redclaw's Protectors
      By Redclaw in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Sunday, 15th June, 2008, 07:39 AM
    5. In defiance of Dragons--Homebrew 4E campaign starting up
      By Redclaw in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 105
      Last Post: Wednesday, 11th June, 2008, 07:35 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •