In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC - Page 4
+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 226
  1. #31
    Immeral, Mirna, and co
    Immeral smiles and shakes his head slightly. "May as well let her come, Phillian. I can keep an eye on her better if she's with us than if she's following us."

  2. #32
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block EvolutionKB


    ø Friend+
    My communities:

    Valamir

    Valamir stops for a moment. The man was dead weight, and hard to carry. He woudn't give up though. Before too long, he lifted the unconscious man again, with help, and they moved him closer to Phillian's tower.

    Taking in the townfolks comments, Valamir senses some uneasiness and confidence that things will be okay. Valamir had his ideas as well. An attack on a merchant plus the lack of game in the area seemed to indicate a new threat. Hopefully it wasn't a threat to the entire town.

  3. #33
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block Redclaw


    ø Friend+
    Valamir makes his way slowly toward the center of town. As he rests, still supporting the merchant by himself, he sees Immeral talking to Phillian a ways down the road. He even thinks he sees Phillian's ward, Mirna, standing between them.


    Osric
    Aye, see that ye do, lad. Ye're a good son, and I know ye'll be safe about it. Osric's mother reaches out to smooth her son's beard and makes sure that he takes his backpack with him. The dwarf makes his way back toward town, encountering Immeral, Phillian, and the elf's odd human ward as he nears the edge of town.
    OOC: Minor Quest--bring some worgsbane for Osric's mother.


    Penance
    Without a glance back at his parents, the tiefling makes his way back toward the unconscious merchant, rounding a corner and coming across Phillian, Immeral and Phillian's ward, conversing in the middle of the street.


    OOC: Okay, Mirna and Immeral are entering a skill challenge in an attempt to convince Phillian to let Mirna accompany the adventurers. This is a social skill challenge, so using diplomacy to convince him, bluff to make assurances (see Mirna's previous attempt) and knowledge of likely threats in the forest to disarm his concerns are good ways to win him over. Of course, you can come up with other ideas as well. Mirna can roll a bluff, and Immeral a diplomacy for your previous dialogue.

    Others can join in the next round, if they so choose.


    Phillian meets his ward's gaze, a bit of pride hiding behind his stern glare. He looks around at the other townsfolk, some of whom have stopped to watch the wizard and the demon-child. Clearly, Phillian is unhappy about having this conversation in front of others.

  4. #34
    Immeral, Mirna, and co

    Seeing that Mirna has a hard time to convince her master to join them, Penance tries to help, but doesn't really understand what they say. But he manages to look really reassuring (ooc: bluff +4 (+2 cha, +2 race).

  5. #35
    Immeral, Mirna, and co
    "Come now, Phillian, it's not like there's any goblins out in the woods." His expression darkens for a moment, then he continues, "And if there are, they won't be there for long once I find them."
    OOC
    Diplomacy check for round 1: Diplomacy (1d20+1=18)

    Using Nature for round 2 of the skill challenge (at least, I assume that's what you meant by knowledge of the likely threats in the forest): Nature (1d20+7=12)

  6. #36
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block EvolutionKB


    ø Friend+
    My communities:

    Valamir

    Seeing the argument progress, Valamir lowers the unconscious man gently to the ground. Moving forward, he speaks his opinion. "Immeral and I know parts of the forest. We've been out there many a time on hunting trips. If there was anything that deadly out there, we would have known about it."

    Valamir looks at Mirna and then back to the wizard, "She is capable on her own, I am sure. There is little you can do to keep her from growing up. She is not a puppy that you can keep tied up forever just so it doesn't chew on your boots."

    ooc
    Diplomacy check:11, bloody 2s.

  7. #37
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Auburndale, MA
    Posts
    3,627
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block pathfinderq1


    ø Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Redclaw
    Osric
    Aye, see that ye do, lad. Ye're a good son, and I know ye'll be safe about it. Osric's mother reaches out to smooth her son's beard and makes sure that he takes his backpack with him. The dwarf makes his way back toward town, encountering Immeral, Phillian, and the elf's odd human ward as he nears the edge of town.
    OOC: Minor Quest--bring some worgsbane for Osric's mother.
    Osric:
    Spoiler:
    "It'll be all right, I think," Osric rumbled as he slid the heavy chain hauberk over his shoulders. The armor's weight was reassuring, in its own way, and he felt more confident, more ready, as he adjusted the mail and reached for his pack. With everything in place, he strode out the door, stopping to give his mother a jaunty wave. Soon enough, he made his way back towards the center of town- only to find a gathering group on the street halfway there. He eyed the people a bit warily, especially the wizard- with Norsten out of town Phillian was the closest to being "in charge". Osric slowed his stride a bit, trying to get some sense of how things were shaping up...

    OOC: Osric knows better than to get into a social contest, at least initially. He'll hold up and observe for now.

  8. #38
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block Redclaw


    ø Friend+
    Waiting on Mirna's actions.

  9. #39
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block Graf


    ø Friend+
    My communities:

    ooc: apologies somehow missed redclaw's original post...

    I away from a proper computer so I can't link but I can roll... Hope that works. Mirna has bluff +0 and diplomacy +5. She'll keep speaking in elvin to lessen Phillian's discomfort with being overheard.

  10. #40
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block Graf


    ø Friend+
    My communities:

    ooc roll 1634282 (I think details like character name mirna are all in properly)
    rolled 16+0 and 17+5


    Mirna leans forward on her staff and looks a Phillian. She keeps her voice low and earnest; deliberately hard for people to overhear. I just think I might be able to contribute. To do something meaningful. That would be acceptable wouldn't it fa... allian? she deftly tries to cover her mistake turning the word father into a mispronounciation of the elf's name.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. [OOC] The Protectors of Greensfen
    By nerdytenor in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: Wednesday, 20th May, 2009, 07:42 AM
  2. In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC
    By Redclaw in forum Playing the Game
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: Thursday, 2nd October, 2008, 05:41 AM
  3. Redclaws Protectors OOC
    By Redclaw in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: Friday, 12th September, 2008, 10:06 AM
  4. Redclaw's Protectors
    By Redclaw in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sunday, 15th June, 2008, 08:39 AM
  5. In defiance of Dragons--Homebrew 4E campaign starting up
    By Redclaw in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: Wednesday, 11th June, 2008, 08:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •