In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Redclaw

First Post
Phillian's frown deepens at Mirna's attempt to convince him that she would just observe. "Information is always useful, and I suppose you wouldn't get into too much trouble with a book in hand, but I'm still not sure that you're ready for what you might see.." (success)

Immeral's offer to watch out for her seems to have a more positive effect, as Phillian turns an approving eye on the eladrin. "I am sure that you would be quite capable of protecting her, from everything but herself." (success)

WD--Please post an action that you would like to attempt, and the skill you're using to do so.

"Maybe no goblins, Master Immeral, but plenty of other dangers. Weren't you just telling me about strange goings on, a burned stag, I believe?" (Failure, and yes, Nature was what I was looking for there, sorry.)

At Valamir's intrusion, Phillian grows even cooler. "I assure you, boy, I would never treat her as a puppy. But that doesn't mean I am comfortable with her cavorting through the woods with the likes of you." (Failure)

So, two successes and two failures so far. Who's next? :D

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Ooc: ow. Not easy this... Does my second dipolmacy roll count?
Should I roll for round three or would that be getting ahead of myself?

Redclaw

First Post
Graf said:
Ooc: ow. Not easy this... Does my second dipolmacy roll count?
Should I roll for round three or would that be getting ahead of myself?
You posted while I was writing it up. I had rolled for you, but I'll count the 16, which will be a success.

Graf

Explorer
ok. Thanks! Sorry for the trouble...
For the third round I think Mirna will try to dredge up a specific historical example of when a minor apprentice's observations were useful (buttressing point in round 1). Arcana and/or history both +9. Roll coming.

Mirna tries to wrack her brain and come up with something from their late night conversations to support her point. It is almost certainly an acident; but you yourself observed that the Eldritch Knights thought the same of the animal disappearances during their conflict with the so-called Diciples of Blood. If the young squire had not noticed the unusual timing of the disappearances they would have almost certainly been anhilated when disciples completed their summoning...

Redclaw

First Post
"Yes, Mirna, being useful to the village would be a good gesture for you. I don't understand why they are so suspicious of you, but anything you can do to be helpful might improve the situation." (success)

Current count: 3 successes, 2 failures

Round 3 is open for business. So far only Graf has posted an action.

Zurai

First Post
"As you will." Immeral says with a shrug at Phillian. "I will be at the edge of town." His eyes flick to Mirna and seem almost apologetic for a moment, then he turns to leave.[sblock=OOC]Sorry, Redclaw, but it's not in Immeral's character to get into a protracted argument over something as irrelevant as this. He's quite convinced that Mirna will be coming one way or the other - she'll sneak out if Phillian forbids her to come.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Zurai said:
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, Redclaw, but it's not in Immeral's character to get into a protracted argument over something as irrelevant as this. He's quite convinced that Mirna will be coming one way or the other - she'll sneak out if Phillian forbids her to come.[/sblock]

[sblock=Zurai] No worries. It's not a major challenge, but it seemed a bit more significant than a single check. As you said, it won't make or break things, and Mirna can certainly sneak out. But that's the way skill challenges are supposed to work, right? Failure doesn't prevent anything, it just adds extra complexity to the endeavor. [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir bows his head slightly. "My apolgies Sir. Take no offense at my words. I assure you that though my past often grips those of this town with irrationable thoughts you would not be the same. I beg of you to see past that and look into my eyes when I swear on Pelor that your daughter will return no worse the wear."

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy again, playing off my multiclass paladin feat. Another two....11 total [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases