In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Redclaw

First Post
Graf said:
Mirna tries to wrack her brain and come up with something from their late night conversations to support her point. It is almost certainly an acident; but you yourself observed that the Eldritch Knights thought the same of the animal disappearances during their conflict with the so-called Diciples of Blood. If the young squire had not noticed the unusual timing of the disappearances they would have almost certainly been anhilated when disciples completed their summoning...

Phillian's gaze seems to lose focus for a moment as he thinks back to his tomes. "Hmm. As far as I can remember, you're right. That squire was quite pivotal, wasn't he. I suppose even the untrained can be effective in the right circumstances." (Success)

Valamir's assurances, however, do not do much to ease Phillian's concerns. "You, sir, are overstepping your bounds yet again. My ward has no need to go traipsing through the woods with such rough company. Come, Mirna. You're not ready for this yet." (failure)

OOC: so 5 successes and 3 failures ends the challenge without success. Thanks for trying EvolutionKB. I wanted to set this first one up without forcing everyone to take part, but please realize that such challenges, both physical and social, will be part of the campaign, and you usually won't have the option to sit them out.

Phillian, having assessed the situation, and somewhat confident that Immeral can investigate, turns around and heads back to his tower, clearly expecting Mirna to follow.

Graf

Explorer
Mirna looks forlorn for a minute before following Phillian with a noted lack of enthusiasm.

By the time she's gotten to the tower she's putting a brave face on the whole thing. She makes a big yawn before heading off to finish her morning nap. [sblock=ooc](Surprising no one I'm sure) she slips out as soon as she's sure Phillian is engrossed in his studies again.

I just have to make sure I'm not seen... she tells herself. [/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Penance, Osric, Immeral and Valamir gather together as Phillian turns and leaves. "Thank you for your efforts, gentlemen. I'm sure Norsten will be grateful when he returns. You can probably have him," he gestures to the wounded trader who is still unconscious, "in Bertran's home. There's extra space there, even if it is used to hold those of questionable character at times." With that, he heads back to his studies.

[sblock=Mirna] Mirna is forced to listen to a long lecture on the dangers of trusting ruffians, and the importance of waiting until one is prepared before taking on dangerous tasks as she walks back to the tower with Phillian.

OOC: Sorry about that, it just didn't feel like he'd okay it too easily based on your backstory. On the plus side, you get a minor quest: prove your readiness and competence to Phillian. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Penance looks at the others, what to do next

Redclaw said:
OOC: so 5 successes and 3 failures ends the challenge without success. Thanks for trying EvolutionKB. I wanted to set this first one up without forcing everyone to take part, but please realize that such challenges, both physical and social, will be part of the campaign, and you usually won't have the option to sit them out.

OOC: Are we really supposed to risk failure in rolls we are not proficient in? Penance has no proficiency in any of the check you mentioned. I haven't realized that the skill challenge had only so few rounds, too. I thought the elf would only go after we failed...

Sorry, still new to the mechanics.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Valamir shrugs his shoulders. "He will change his mind eventually. Right now that seems to be impossible." Valamir walks over the unconscious merchant. "Somebody give me a hand? He's heavier than I am used to."

[sblock=ooc]Some face character I am. Two failures on two rolled twos...[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"I will help you." answers Penance. Maybe I should have acted faster to speak for Mirna. But Philian isn't the most easy target to sway. And I fear he at least suspect me to have powers... he thinks as he helps Valamir to carry the man.

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Mirna nods dutifully at all the right moments. Appreciation that Philoian cares about her well being wars with (and loses to) the feeling that This is the closest thing to 'interesting' I will ever see in this boring town. [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Nah, I'll handle this. I carried him into town, I can haul him a bit further," Osric rumbled as Immeral and Penance began to lift the trader. "Then we best be gettin' on the trail. Whatever tracks are out there, they ain't gettin' any fresher."

OOC: If the others agree, Osric will roll the trader across his shoulders in a fireman's carry and start off towards Bertran's house.

Redclaw

First Post
It is short work to drop the unconscious man off at the town constable's. He isn't home, but his strange dragonborn 'servant', Akhara lets Osric into the building and shows him where to put the trader. He assures you that he will send for a healing woman and see to the man's well-being.

The group then gathers where the Forest Road enters town.

[sblock=Mirna] Shortly after you return to the tower, Phillian disappears into his study to continue his research. It doesn't take long for one who knows the loose stones, squeaky steps and quietest egresses from the tower to slip outside and join the rest of the explorers at the edge of the village.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

"I figured you couldn't stay away from this," the man says to Mirna as she appears. "You father will probably throw a fit when he finds you missing."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases