In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Mirna tries to linger out of sight. Maybe near the forest's edge or behind a nearby farmhouse ... ?
Follow the group at a distance.
Stealth is +5 so Immeral, at least, will probably auto notice her at almost any range. Seems better to compare passive totals than roll but...[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Osric looked around the group thoughtfully. "This looks like everybody who had any interest in helpin' out, I guess. Well, then, let's get started..." And with that, he started walking down the road, away from town. "I'll show you where I found that trader fellow, then we'll have to see how far he managed to get on his own. Looked like he had been runnin' hard for quite a' way."

Redclaw

First Post
The nascent adventuring party travels along the Forest Road for about half a mile, gaining respect for the wounded merchant with every passing step. Immeral has no trouble spotting the man’s footprints staggering along the road at a run, but fails to see any sign of pursuit.

Eventually, the group comes across what appears to be the merchant’s wagon, overturned and burnt, on the other side of a crude bridge crossing a small river.
Bridge2-717705.jpg

Even as the party approaches, a rust-colored lizardlike humanoid steps out from behind the wagon and starts speaking in [sblock=draconic] More pinkskins! Get ready. [/sblock] As it speaks, two large insects with bright red carapaces emerge from the light underbrush on either side of the path.

[sblock=terrain]
The path is normal terrain. The bridge is also, but there is no railing, and the river is flowing quickly underneath it.
The dense forest provides cover for anyone in it, and costs 4 squares of movement to enter. Undergrowth is difficult terrain and costs 2 squares of movement.
The wagon would also provide cover for anyone behind it.[/sblock]

Please place yourselves inside the red outlined start area, roll initiative and let’s get this first combat underway.

Attachments

• Forest Path.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Zurai

First Post
Immeral's eyes widen in shock at seeing monsters so near to the town, but he calms himself and says a prayer to Sehanine as he steps backwards into the forest, drawing and loosing two arrows in swift succession.
[sblock=OOC]Initiative (1d20+4=8)

I'll start in the H column, preferably at H20. Can I get a Nature check to identify the fire beetles and kobold? ;)

Minor action to Quarry the nearest target, move action to move to G20, standard action to Twin Strike the Quarry.

Twin Strike (1d20+6=8, 1d10=5, 1d20+6=24, 1d10=1)
I love you too, Invisible Castle.
Use Quarry on the 24: Hunter's Quarry (1d6=5)[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=ooc:Mirna's postion]Since Mirna is trying to follow the group from further back (and Immeral has't pointed her out to the rest of the group) is it reasonable for me to say that she's at 30G...?[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Init: 17

Valamir moves up the side of the path, as the creatures keep an eye on his position, they find him hard to pinpoint as a multitude of stars blur their vision as they look towards the warlock. Valamir raises his arm into the air and a beam of light flies from the heavens down towards the beetle.

[sblock=Actions]Start in I19 move to J16. Shadow walk activates granting concealment. AC 18. Curse nearest beetle(swift). Use dire radiance on same beetle.Invis castle hates me. 4 to hit... [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC 18 after movement(16 before)
HP: 26 Bloodied 13
F: 13
R: 13
W: 16

Healing surge 6: 8/8 remaining

Encounter:
Dreadful word
Divine Challenge

Daily:
Curse of the dark dream[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Osric; dwarf fighter 1; AC 16/F 15/R 11/W 12; HP 31

Oscarl had been walking near the front of the group, his pace apparently unhindered by his heavy armor and pack. As soon as he saw the creatures moving on the road ahead of them, he stopped and set his feet, swinging his halberd from a carrying grip to a ready position. "Don't like the look of this," he muttered, then added in a louder voice "Don't rush in on them. Let 'em come to us."

OOC: Osric will be near the center/front of the outlined area, at I 17 (I think- see below). (If possible, depending on initiative): He'll take an action to ready his halberd to make an attack against any opponent that comes in range. Initiative (1d20+1= 21); roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1636217/ (Wow, what a waste of a 20). Readied attack is a Reaping Strike with the halberd (+6 vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage for hit, 3 damage for a miss- he will mark the target of the swing whether he hits or misses). If he loses Initiative and opponents are in range when his turn comes up, he will attack immediately (Using Cleave if multiple opponents are in range, Reaping Strike otherwise). Hopefully that covers most of the possibilities.

[sblock=MAP]As seems to be usual for me and my poor computer, I'm having some map issues. No visible coordinates ( but I can just count the squares), and the colors don't match the "terrain" key- the bridge and wagon are the same color, and there is no color difference between undergrowth and deep forest (again, not too much trouble, as Osric will stick to the road). [/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
[sblock=MAP]As seems to be usual for me and my poor computer, I'm having some map issues. No visible coordinates ( but I can just count the squares), and the colors don't match the "terrain" key- the bridge and wagon are the same color, and there is no color difference between undergrowth and deep forest (again, not too much trouble, as Osric will stick to the road). [/sblock]
[sblock=Pathfinder] I'm sorry about the map issues. I'm working on figuring out Maptool, but it might be a few more combats.
As for this one, the bridge and wagon are the same color (the closest I could come to wood :D .) I labelled them, however, to try to ease some of the confusion. The undergrowth is usually one square to either side of the path, although there's a bit more in places. Coordinates are countable, starting with A1 in the upper left corner. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Acting fast, Penance advances the way, weapon in hand. As he stops next to the bridge, a ray of cold blue light emrges his hand, injuring and outlining one of the fiebeetles.

[sblock=ooc]Initiative (1d20+1=17)

Lance of Faith at the FB in m9
Lance of faith (1d20+3=20, 1d8+4=11)
Giving +2 to the player who is after me to hit.

Starting in j18. Moves to j13.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Penance
Perception: 13 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 11 Will 15
Hit Points: 22 / 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surge: 5 Surges per day: 7/7
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Divine Glow, Healing Word 2/2, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead)
Daily Powers: Guardian of Faith
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Init 15]
Init roll=15
[/sblock]
edit: Mirna follows along behind the group; blissfully unaware of what transpires further up the path.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases