In Defiance of Dragons--Protectors IC

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Graf] So you're sticking with hanging 10 squares behind everyone? Then Mirna hasn't turned the corner in the path and doesn't see what's going on. She can have her action next round, after she sees everyone else erupt into action, and can't see the kobolds until she gets to row 20.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
21 Osric
17 Valamir
--Kobold Slinger
--Penance
16 Kobold Skirmishers
15 Mirna
8 Immeral
--Fire Beetles

Osric stops and sets his feet, swinging his halberd from a carrying grip to a ready position. "Don't like the look of this," he mutters, then adds in a louder voice "Don't rush in on them. Let 'em come to us."

Valamir moves up the side of the path, as the creatures keep an eye on his position, they find him hard to pinpoint as a multitude of stars blur their vision as they look towards the warlock. Valamir raises his arm into the air and a beam of light flies from the heavens down towards the beetle. His attack goes astray and hits the bridge just in front of the beetle.

Acting fast, Penance advances, weapon in hand. As he does so, however, the kobold unleashes a missile from the sling it’s carrying. The shot flies unerringly toward the tiefling, striking a resounding blow to his face. (Readied action, crit. on my first attack roll. 9 damage.) Fighting through the wound, Penance continues. As he stops next to the bridge, a ray of cold blue light emerges from his hand, injuring and outlining one of the fire beetles. (FB2 takes 11.)

Two more kobolds emerge from the brush on either side of the path and position themselves on either side of the cleric. The one on the right is breathing hard from having rushed over, and is unable to attempt an attack (double move action), but the other stabs at Penance with his spear. Fortunately for the Raven Queen’s disciple, the creature stumbles on the undergrowth around him and his aim is spoiled.

Immeral's eyes widen in shock at seeing monsters so near to the town, but he calms himself and says a prayer to Sehanine as he steps backwards into the forest, drawing and loosing two arrows in swift succession. The first arrow sails wide, but the second sinks into the side of one of the kobolds. (KS1 takes 6.)

The glowing beetles advance, one closes its jaws on the overzealous tiefling, drawing a pained shout from him. (Penance takes 7 more.)

Osric 31/31, readied action untriggered, initiative reset
Valamir 26/26
Penance 6/22, Bloodied
Mirna 23/23, now sees action ahead, can act in round 2
Immeral 25/25
FB1 uninjured
FB2 injured (Cursed)
K uninjured,
KS1 Injured (Hunter's Quarry)
KS2 Uninjured

Attachments

• Forest Path.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Zurai

First Post
Immeral slides through the trees and underbrush along the side of the road gracefully and stealthily, firing another pair of arrows at one of the kobolds as he goes.
[sblock=OOC]Move G20->H19->G18. Using stealth as part of the movement: Stealth (1d20+9=14)

Twin Strike vs KS1 (1d20+6=21, 1d10=6, 1d20+6=17, 1d10=3), Hunter's Quarry (1d6=4) on the first attack.

Those rolls are made assuming KS1 is aware of Immeral (ie, his stealth failed). If KS1 didn't spot him, he gets Combat Advantage for another +2 to hit.

If KS1 dies before his turn, keep the move-and-stealth as written but quarry and attack the nearest living creature instead of KS1.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Zurai said:
[sblock=OOC]Move G20->H19->G18. [/sblock]
[sblock=Zurai]Stepping out of the dense forest, which is providing cover and thereby giving you the stealth opportunity, will allow the enemies to see you automatically. The undergrowth just isn't tall enough to block their vision of you. It's think, and therefore difficult to walk through, but it doesn't provide concealment or cover.[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
Redclaw said:
[sblock=Zurai]Stepping out of the dense forest, which is providing cover and thereby giving you the stealth opportunity, will allow the enemies to see you automatically. The undergrowth just isn't tall enough to block their vision of you. It's think, and therefore difficult to walk through, but it doesn't provide concealment or cover.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Right, but I'm stepping back into cover. G18 is one of the 4-movement-cost grants-cover squares. The only requirement for Stealth is that you have cover or concealment relative to the target, which I do for 2/3 my movement, including both the beginning and the end. It doesn't require you to have cover for the entire action - otherwise you'd never be able to run across a field from rock to rock.

Look at it this way... if my check succeeds, it may know I'm in G18... but it doesn't know where I am in G18. When I pop out to attack it, it's at an unexpected time and from an unknown direction.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=deleted and moved below]see http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4326589&postcount=81here[/url]

[/sblock]

Mirna reacts belatedly to the sounds of combat...

I'm seeing things... I'm seeing things....

She hears Penance yell out and watches as Immeral slips into the tree line.

I'm not seeing things! Something is finally happening!

Mirna almost squeals with glee.

And... and... this is a fight! I can cast a spell in a fight...!

Almost overcome with happiness she jogs forward, approximates the duration to her target and casts the first spell she can think of against her foes.

With frosty breath, she utters a single arcane word that creates a treacherous patch of ice on the ground, hampering her foes..

I have foes! she does squeal a little bit as she says that, standing up on her tiptoes to survey the effect of her magic.

As she does so she sees how badly off Penance looks, and her heart drops.

Attachments

• MirnaR2.xls
    21.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Zurai said:
[sblock=OOC]Right, but I'm stepping back into cover. G18 is one of the 4-movement-cost grants-cover squares. The only requirement for Stealth is that you have cover or concealment relative to the target, which I do for 2/3 my movement, including both the beginning and the end. It doesn't require you to have cover for the entire action - otherwise you'd never be able to run across a field from rock to rock.

Look at it this way... if my check succeeds, it may know I'm in G18... but it doesn't know where I am in G18. When I pop out to attack it, it's at an unexpected time and from an unknown direction.[/sblock]
[sblock=Zurai] It does say "You have to maintain cover or concealment to remain unnoticed." So they see you creep in and out of cover, but might not be able to target you in your new square. However, they have a pretty good idea where you'll be attacking from. That should still give you advantage, however.

And you can run across a field from rock to rock, but if you're crossing an open space between rocks at noon, and the other guy isn't distracted, he's probably going to see you doing so. ;) [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valamir

Valamir moves forward, his oppoents sight blurred by his otherworldly powers. He raises his scarred hand, and flash of jagged white light flashes between him and the kobold. He calls out, "Back creature, fear what I can do!"

[sblock=Actions]Move to I16-J16-K16. Shadow walk activates. AC 18. Curse KS2. Attack KS2 using EB(vs reflex). With the conditions you provide at the end of the statblock can you provide who is marked/cursed and by whom? Easier to keep track of bonuses.Grrrr....Still a miss. 8 to hit. [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC 18 after movement(16 before)
HP: 26 Bloodied 13
F: 13
R: 13
W: 16

Healing surge 6: 8/8 remaining

Encounter:
Dreadful word
Divine Challenge

Daily:
Curse of the dark dream [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Get out of there, you fool!," Osric bellowed as he watched the swarm of creatures close in around Penance. He didn't even have time to express surprise about Mirna's sudden appearance from farther back on the trail- he had to move now, to try to save the tiefling...

OOC: Move action forward to I 15. Attack KS 1, using encounter power of Covering Attack, and reach of halberd. 1d20+6 vs. AC=25 (I'd guess that hits); roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1637804/ ; on a hit deal 2d10+3 damage (2d10+3= 10 HP), target is marked, and an ally adjacent to the target (Penance, that means you) can shift 2 squares.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases