4e Stranded

A Passing Maniac

First Post
I've given Malik an update, adding his statistics in addition to his background. I will likely continue adding and tinkering with his background and his character sheet tonight and early tomorrow, hopefully fleshing him out a little better.

Rayex

First Post
Oh my. Chosing the 2 parties was harder than I thought it would be!

Some notes on my decisions:
- I wanted to bring one of each class into the game.
- I wanted to get an even mix of "normal vs. weird" races.
- Tried to take into consideration who submitted their concept first as well.

So, here goes..

Party 1:
Defender: Falkus: Durvin, of Clan Deepfire, Dwarven Paladin.
Striker: Graf: Alternative, Warforged rogue.
Leader: Jemal: Daniel Willow, Elf cleric of the Raven Queen.
Controler: A Passing Maniac: Malik, thiefling Wizard.
Random 1: Kobold Stew: Wittgenstein, Kobold Fighter.
Random 2: pathfinderq1: O-Haril, Minotaur Ranger.

Party 2:
Defender: SKTillBreakODay: Szel Wispfollower, elven Fighter.
Striker: Bialaska: Tara the Feytouched, Human Warlock (Fey pact).
Leader: Nonamazing: Cyrial, Shadar-Kai cleric of Sehanine.
Controler: Kaodi: Fodor, bugbear Illusionist
Random 1: Zweischneid: Mordras Blackleaf, Eladrin Rogue.
Random 2: Albedo: Tye Sonner, Dragonborn Warlord.

Take some time to finish up your characters, and I will get a couple of RG's posted later today. I am thinking that everyone starts in the same game, then split off into 2 separate threads once the parties splits.

Small note to Kobold Stew: I should have probably mentioned this before, but your background clashes a bit with the NPC's background. The Captain and her siblings don't have any kids or somesuch. I guess you can have the Daughter NPC be a Daughter of one of the others on the Ship. The cook or Navigator comes to mind. Could also be the child of Cargo/Weapon master I guess.

For the rest:
There really isnt any particular reasons why you didnt get chosen, all the conceps are really great. I'll put you all up in a "backup list" or something like that.

Zweischneid

First Post
Rayex said:
Party 2:

A.. awsome! Thank's alot and looking very much forward to this game. :D

nonamazing

Explorer
Rayex said:
Party 2:

Excellent! I believe my character is complete, but I will do a final check when I carry him over to the RG thread. I can already see some interesting options for character interaction.

Bialaska

First Post
[SBLOCK=TARA THE FEYTOUCHED, HUMAN WARLOCK]Tara the Feytouched
Human Warlock level 1
Unaligned

Strength 8 (-1)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Dexterity 10 (+0)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 13 (+1)
Charisma 18 (+4)

Armor Class 14, Fortitude Defense 13, Reflex Defense 14, Will Defense 16
Initiative +2, Speed 6
HP 31 (Bloodied 15, Healing Surge 7, Surges per day 8)

FEATS: Toughness, Improved Misty Step

RACE FEATURES: +2 charisma, bonus trained skill, bonus feat, extra at-will power, +1 will, fortitude, reflex

LANGUAGES: Common, Elven

SKILLS: Arcana +7, Bluff +9, Insight +6, History +7, Religion +7

EQUIPMENT: Leather Armor, Standard Adventurers Kit, Wand, 53 gp

CLASS FEATURES: Proficiencies: Cloth armor, Leather Armor, Simple melee, Simple ranged; Eldritch Blast (charisma), Eldritch Pact (fey, misty step), Prime Shot, Shadow Walk, Warlock's Curse +1d6

SPELLS:
At-Will spells:
Eyebite (range 10, +4 vs. Will, 1d6+4 damage, invisible to target until end of next turn)
Eldritch Blast (range 10, +4 vs. Reflex, 1d10+4 damage)
Dire Radiance (range 10, +2 vs. Fortitude, 1d6+2 radiant damage, if target moves nearer, deal 1d6+2 extra damage)

Encounter spells:
Witchfire (range 10, +4 vs. will, 2d6+4 fire damage, target gains -4 penalty on attack rolls until end of next turn)

Daily spells:
Armor of Agathys (standard action, gain 12 hp. Until end of encounter enemies adjacent takes 1d6+2 cold damage)[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Rayex said:
Small note to Kobold Stew: I should have probably mentioned this before, but your background clashes a bit with the NPC's background. The Captain and her siblings don't have any kids or somesuch. I guess you can have the Daughter NPC be a Daughter of one of the others on the Ship. The cook or Navigator comes to mind. Could also be the child of Cargo/Weapon master I guess.

I misunderstood -- I thought you wanted connections with the NPCs; I had seen no harm in inventing a character that was far far away.

In any case, the description has been changed; let me know if it's acceptable as is.

Looking forward to the game.

pathfinderq1

First Post
O-Haril, minotaur ranger (In progress)

Here is the working draft for O-Haril, minotaur ranger. I'll be adding things as I get time, and I'll post up a note when I'm actually done.

Name: O-Haril
Minotaur male
Alignment: unaligned (tending good, or at least reliable)
Ranger 1 (two-weapon build)

Strength 18 (+4)(9 pts= 16, +2 racial)
Constitution 16 (+3)(5 pts= 14, +2 racial)
Dexterity 13 (+1)(3 pts)
Intelligence 10 (+0)(0 pts)
Wisdom 14 (+2)(5 pts)
Charisma 8 (-1)(0 pts)

Armor Class 17 (Armor +7)
Fortitude Defense 15 (10 +4 STR +1 ranger)
Reflex Defense 12 (10 +1 DEX +1 ranger)
Will Defense 12 (10 +2 WIS)

Initiative +2
Speed 6 (5 in armor)
Senses: normal vision, passive Insight 12, passive Perception 19
HP 33 (12 base +16 CON +5 feat)(Bloodied 16)
(Healing Surge 8 HP; Surges per day 6+3= 9)

FEATS:
Armor proficiency (chainmail)(level 1);
Toughness (free/ranger build)

RACE FEATURES:
>Ferocity: when reduced to 0 HP, can make a basic melee attack as a free action before falling unconscious.
>Oversized: can wield weapons of his own size or one size larger without penalty (thus can use a large battleaxe as a one handed weapon, or a large glaive two-handed)
>Goring charge (racial Encounter power); standard action/melee 1 range; see Encounter exploits below for details.

CLASS FEATURES:
>Fighting style (two-blade): Wield a one-handed weapon as an off-hand weapon without penalty; bonus feat (Toughness, already accounted for)
>Hunter's quarry: As a minor action (once per turn), designate the oponent nearest to you as your Quarry (lasts until end of encounter, until Quarry is defeated, or until a new Quarry is selected). Once per round, deal extra damage to your Quarry (+1d6; assign after all attacks are rolled)
>Prime shot: If none of your allies are closer to a target than you are, you get a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target.

LANGUAGES: Common

SKILLS:
+9/Athletics//trained, +4 STR (+8 in armor)
+7/Dungeoneering//trained, +2 WIS
+8/Endurance//trained, +3 CON, (+8 in armor; -1 ACP, +1 item)
+9/Nature//trained, +2 WIS, +2 racial
+9/Perception//trained, +2 WIS, +2 racial

Melee basic attack: Large battleaxe; +6 vs. AC; 1d12+4
Ranged basic attack: Javelin; +6 vs. AC; 1d6+4, range 10/20

(Attack stats assume he is using his traditional weapons- two large battleaxes)
At-Will exploits:
Hit and run: +6 vs. AC; 1d12+4 damage; if you move in the same turn after this attack, leaving the first square adjacent to the target does not provoke an OA from that target
Twin strike: +6 vs. AC; (two attacks: 1 main weapon and 1 off-hand weapon); each attack does 1d12+4 damage on hit

Encounter exploits:
Goring charge (racial): +6 vs. AC; hit does 1d6+4 damage and target is knocked prone
Dire wolverine strike: (must be wielding two weapons); close burst 1, one attack against each enemy visible in the area; each attack is +6 vs. AC, does 1d12+4 damage

Daily exploits:
Jaws of the wolf: (must be wielding two weapons); two attacks against the same target; both at +6 vs. AC; each hit does 2d12+4 damage, each miss does half damage

Equipment:
Chainmail +1, Dwarven (campaign item)
Large battleaxe (x2)(30 gp)
Javelin (x4)(20 gp)
Adventurer's standard kit (15 gp)
Trail rations (10 extra days worth; 5 gp- heavy eater)
Dagger (1 gp)
Climber's kit (2 gp)
Plain clothing (2 sets; 2 gp)

The dwarven armor: O-Haril was rescued from an excruciating death on the burning sands of a great desert- his rescuers were a party of explorer/merchants led by the dwarven metalsmith Calivar Archstone. In gratitude, O-Haril swore himself to Calivar's service, acting as a bodyguard. Calivar wanted him to have the best equipment available, and commisioned a specially-fitted suit of dwarven chainmail. When Calivar retired to enjoy the profits of his years of work, O-Haril became a free-lance mercenary- but he was allowed to keep the armor as a reward for his valuable service.

Appearance: [sblock] Like most "civilized" minotaurs, O-Haril is both taller and heavier than even the largest human around him- but by the standards of his folk O-Haril is of only about average height, with a lean build. His musculature is fairly well-toned, and he moves far more gracefully than most of his kin. His skin is deeply tanned, a brown so dark it is nearly black, and unlike most minotaurs his body has little excess hair- even his head is quite nearly bald. Under most circumstances, he wears a sleeveless hauberk of dull black chainmail, metal and leather armbands, and heavy knee-length trousers. His horns are capped with black iron. In combat, he seems rather terrifying, wielding an enormous ax in each hand. He does not speak often, mainly expressing himself with gestures, body language, and the occasional snort or growl- when he does speak, he keeps his voice low, letting the deep bass tone emphasize his carefully chosen words. [/sblock]

Personality: [sblock] For the most part, O-Haril presents a quiet and reserved front, a sort of haughty dignity- until the fighting starts. This is because he exerts a great deal of willpower to minimize his natural inclination to violence. Only when in combat does he let down his guard, allowing his bloodthirsty nature to take over- as a follower of Kord, he relishes the chance to prove himself in battle. He is a strong believer in personal discipline, and is proud of his ability to remain calm and controlled (until the appropriate time). O-Haril is fascinated by stories of heroism and adventure, and spends a great deal of his spare time reading or listening to any epic tales of bravery or exploration- one side effect of this is his prodigious knowledge of many different environments and creatures. [/sblock]

Background: [sblock] Born in a remote desert enclave, O-Haril shunned the dark tendencies of his kind and for his temerity he was cast out to die in the endless burning sands. But he did not die, for a passing caravan of merchants took pity on him- in return O-Haril became the devoted bodyguard and scout for the leader of the merchants, a dwarf named Calivar. Since that worthy fellow retired, O-Haril has sought out other work in a similar vein. A devoted follower of Kord, he has honed his strength and battle prowess, but his strength of spirit has increased as well. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
Rayex said:
Party 1:
Defender: Falkus: Durvin, of Clan Deepfire, Dwarven Paladin.
Striker: Graf: Alternative, Warforged rogue.
Leader: Jemal: Daniel Willow, Elf cleric of the Raven Queen.
Controler: A Passing Maniac: Malik, thiefling Wizard.
Random 1: Kobold Stew: Wittgenstein, Kobold Fighter.
Random 2: pathfinderq1: O-Haril, Minotaur Ranger

Sweet, looking forward to this.

I can't wait to start playing fourth, I've also had some luck in recruiting players today for the campaign I'm going to run locally, so it's been a good day.

Graf

Explorer
I think Alternative is done.

I was wondering if he might be smuggling something in one or more of his hidden storage compartments. Only if it'd be an interesting plot point.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases